More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:53:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Make/Make Many Single Desserts *Updated June 8th*
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Make/Make Many Single Desserts *Updated June 8th*  (Read 12800 times)
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Make/Make Many Single Desserts *Updated June 8th*
« on: 2007 June 02, 11:13:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my mod for single desserts.

This lets you Make/Make many singles. They automatically go into the inventory. Included are Baked Alaska, Berry Pie, Cheesecake, Crepes, Gelatin, Layer Cake & Santa Cookies - I think that's all of them, but let me kow if i missed any.

They make single gelatin VERY fast!

The Faster package decreases the prep & cook times as well as makes the cost the same as if they had produced the group dessert - if the group dessert costs $24 then the single serviing now costs $4

Updated Jun 8, 2007

There was an error with the gelatin that I missed - download the new version. Please make sure you delete the previous packages especially the gelatin.package. Also, for those of you who had my old versions from a year ago - delete the Menu - Add Have a Dessert as it's no longer needed & may cause a problem. Delete any old versions of the single desserts as well. Everything has been updated - smaller & better Smiley

Thanks!

Morague

* MoraguesSingleDesserts_Faster.zip (118.23 KB - downloaded 353 times.)
* MoraguesSingleDesserts.zip (118.19 KB - downloaded 332 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 June 09, 06:04:10 by Morague » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Make/Make Many Single Desserts
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 02, 13:42:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although apparently people have this fixation with doing so, I am at a loss to understand why anyone would want to, given that it takes the same amount of time, but produces only 1/6th as much than to make it as a largeplate, and takes the same amount of time and effort to sell for comparatively lesser profit. What's more, Macrotastics is just as capable of processing and decompiling 6-packs as it is at handling single-plates, so why bother? I only ever make 6-packs unless it's one lobster for the headmaster only, since it's simply more cost and time efficient. (You get 6 for the price of 4)

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 02, 20:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno but people have wanted this feature for ages.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 02, 21:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could understand wanting to single serve if you could actually sell coffee and a slice that sims sat down and ate on the premises.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 05, 03:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Morague, quick question:

I have some hacks already... I think I originally got em at the InSim site from Squinge's section that were named:

MoraguesBakedAlaska
MoraguesCheesecake
MoraguesGelatin
MoraguesLayerCake
MoraguesPie

I did a hack scan and they conflict with the ones you attached here:

BakedAlaska
BerryPie
CheeseCake
Gelatin
LayerCake

So... should I delete the older ones (they have creation dates from 2006, whereas the ones that you attached here have creation dates from 2007).  The [new ones] also seem to be smaller in byte size too?

Ste
« Last Edit: 2007 June 06, 15:28:21 by syberspunk » Logged

Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 06, 11:55:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ste,

Yes - delete those old ones. I figued out a better way to do the food mods - smaller, less resources Smiley Squinge has the new ones but hasn't posted them yet.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 06, 15:33:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh... Thanks.  I also have a few others... I think they were Ribs and Hot Dogs.  I might have another one, but I can't remember the name now (and can't check since I'm at work).  Did you redo those as well?  I haven't been to the InSim site in a long whiles.  I should probably check for Squingey updates.  Heh. Grin

Thanks for these btw, they're grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!!!11oneone Wink

Ste

Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 07, 11:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm busy updating - so the ribs, hotdogs, chili, macncheese aren't quite ready yet. But, soon Smiley

I've also finished up the 4 restaraunt meals - Squinge did them quite some time ago but they were missing all of the prep animations. I fnally had some time to dig into it & have figured out foods! Yay - in any event I've managed to add in new prep animations for those foods - not the standard lobster pep that you get if you use OW, but appropriate prep for the type of food that it is. I'm not sure if it's allowed to post them here as they are larger files - not like the tiny one BHAV mods.

Oh & some new stuff I made - single pizza slice from the fridge into the microwaved, they eat it with their hands & all the anims are correct. This was a huge job because that sequence doesn't exist in the game. Doing it took forever, but it's what got me to fgure out foods. LOL i can actually understand what's going on with them.  I also did a normal sized muffin that gets microwaved.

I used to own a restaraunt (in real life) so the food part really interests me.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 07, 17:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These would be totally great too!  Try to post 'em if you can.  I'm sure many peeps would appreciate them as well.  If not here, then maybe MTS2?  Or use links to some filesharing site?

No rush, but I like having those foods at home too, and if you've improved them, I'll gladly update. Smiley

Ste

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 08, 11:13:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooooooooooookay, when a sim gets themselves a single serve of gelatine, are they supposed to stand at the table serving imaginary gelatine in one spot until either they starve to death or you cancel it out? (I got bored after he served out nine imaginary serves & cancelled it so he'd eat. He's not exactly a bright boy, though.)

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 08, 23:43:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm,

That's not happening to me. Let me have a look tonight though.

Edited:

Ok - I found the problem. I had a no-server mod installed which prevented what happened to you from happening to me. Anyway - sorry! I have fixed it up & tested without the no-serve mod & all is well. But let me know if you run into any problems.

Morague
« Last Edit: 2007 June 09, 03:56:58 by Morague » Logged
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Make/Make Many Single Desserts *Updated June 8th*
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 14, 12:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Smiley

OK - I have finally managed to get pictures together & all the other stuff needed to post at MTS2 - so, you can find the updated Mac & Cheese, Chili, Ribs, Hot dogs as well as my new Pizza & Muffin. I still have some more new stuff but I need to take even more pictures! perhaps this weekend.

Muffin http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=235726
Pizza http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=235704
Chili & macNCheese http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=158372
Hot Dogs http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=157800
Ribs http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=157732
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 June 14, 14:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really sorry, I totally didn't notice you'd replied to me until I was showing your hacks off to a friend & needed to link this thread. I'll grab the updates & let you know how it goes over the next few days.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 June 16, 15:31:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although apparently people have this fixation with doing so, I am at a loss to understand why anyone would want to, given that it takes the same amount of time, but produces only 1/6th as much than to make it as a largeplate, and takes the same amount of time and effort to sell for comparatively lesser profit. What's more, Macrotastics is just as capable of processing and decompiling 6-packs as it is at handling single-plates, so why bother? I only ever make 6-packs unless it's one lobster for the headmaster only, since it's simply more cost and time efficient. (You get 6 for the price of 4)

I can see why people would want this. Normally, you must have a sim serve dessert, put all the plates down on a table, and then quick-like (but not too quickly or the last plate will end up on the floor) cancel out the action before the sim eats the dessert, and then manually put all the plates in inventory. From that perspective, this mod will save a lot of time and hassle, and I for one appreciate it. So there. Tongue

Edited to correctly spell 'dessert' Roll Eyes

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 June 16, 22:37:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, how do you get "Macrotastics [to] decompile 6 packs"?
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 01, 18:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Curious morague, but do you have your Restaraunt Meals at Home Series posted anywhere else?  I don't recall if you have your own section on the Insimenator site?  I think I got the original versions from Squinge's section, but I don't want to have to go back there to sift through all the heaps of threads. Tongue  I tried downloading the updated versions on MTS2, but it is giving me a stupid server connection error. Angry

I hate to be a demanding cunt (actually, I don't hate it really. Cheesy) but would you be so kind as to possibly upload/attach the files here in the Peasantry as well... or link me directly to where ever you might have your own section?  I know there are a bunch of other sims sites that kinda spawned off of here (laverwinkle? sudden sallow or something, dinnerbell, etc. that sorta had a loose connection to MATY, but I'm just too lazy to keep up with a bajillion sites Roll Eyes.  If it's not too much trouble, that would baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... be great! Wink

Ste

igottapi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 July 02, 13:27:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah i hate that from mts2, i had to remove my downloding program so i could download stuff, but squinge put it in his section and updated the ones he had with morague ones.

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=50344

here it is.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: