More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 09:08:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Dumb neighborhood question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Dumb neighborhood question  (Read 3375 times)
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Dumb neighborhood question
« on: 2007 June 23, 01:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't a big deal, but it's kind of a nuisance. The game is slow on the neighborhood screen. Noticeably slow for my computer. Clicking on the control panel means a wait of up to two or three minutes for the panel I've clicked for to open. On this computer, that seems slow.

What causes this? In my custom hood, the only decorations are two rows of trees (the ones that are placed as a full row, not individual trees placed in a line), two redbud trees and one 'surf' thingy. (Strangetown has more than that, but I didn't put 'em there.) The custom hood only has eight houses so far, and four (small) community lots. I only use the Maxis neighborhood terrains or maps or whatever they are called. I never download neighborhoods, neighborhood decorations or lots.

No subhoods at all, not on any hood. I never used them much, so I stopped adding them.

The only 'extra' pointless visual thing on the neighborhood screen that I can think of that might be contributing to the lag is the traffic. If it's the traffic, can I get rid of it?
Thanks!

edit: fixin' subject line

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Re: Dumb neighborhood question
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 23, 01:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there's a way to disable traffic from neighbourhood view using a cheatcode, but I'll be damned if I can remember what it is. I'm sorry that was of absolutely no help.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 23, 01:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, dug up the cheat codes again and found "boolprop displayNeighborhoodRoads (True/False)".   I'll check later, see if no roads/no traffic fixes the lag. I hope that's all it is.

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 23, 02:43:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have neighborhood drift enabled, under the camera settings? In some cases, having this enabled can slow things down. Other than that, I can't think of anything that'd be causing that much lag.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 23, 03:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the lag thing happen in my Legacy Hood; I assumed it was because it was full of sims with complicated relationships.

Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 25, 04:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why it's been bugging me in my custom hood, Rohina. I could understand if the neighborhood were crowded but it's only got eight houses so far.

I disabled 'neighborhood drift', that seemed to help quite a bit.

For anybody who ever searches this, "boolprop displayNeighborhoodRoads (True/False)" removes the roads, but not the traffic.  The cars kept running on the same routes, even without asphalt. Grin

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: