More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:19:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Flirt = Affair? Wtf?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Flirt = Affair? Wtf?  (Read 24451 times)
Baronetess
polonius
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Flirt = Affair? Wtf?
« Reply #25 on: 2007 June 03, 20:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed recently that I've had a helluva time getting two sims to fall for each other.  This is the most extreme example: I wanted to hook my gen 1 challenge sim up with this townie.  They flirted, woohooed via ACR, kissed, went on a date, etc.  Pretty soon they were 100/100, with one lightning bolt.  He was in love with her, but she hadn't even developed a crush on him.  I had her Propose/Move-in and made him start flirting with her constantly.  Still nothing.  I had her propose engagement, and he of course said yes.  She STILL didn't have a crush on him.  She finally fell in love with him UNDER THE WEDDING ARCH after they got married!  Wtf?  Is noinstantlove causing this?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 June 03, 20:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup.
Use a love potion!
Talismana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 June 04, 11:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...woohooed via ACR...

I'm feeling particularly clueless atm...
What does ACR stand for Huh

Thank you!

Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why?...Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 June 04, 12:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm feeling particularly clueless atm...
What does ACR stand for Huh

Thank you!

Autonomous Casual Romance by TwoJeffs
Talismana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 June 04, 14:29:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, okay...this explains why I wasn't so very familiour with it as I run the base game only. I do now recall reading over this a while back and grumbling over my limitations, again Smiley Thanks again, vilia

Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why?...Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2007 June 06, 19:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It all depends on how you view the word "affair". In American dictionaries, it appears to be any "short-lived, amorous relationship", whereas in UK dictionaries, it's a sexual liaison, usually where one or more parties is married.  Therefore, to me, an affair has to involve sex, because that's the way I've always seen it.  That's why the ONLY interaction in TS2 that can be classed as an affair is woo-hoo, as far as I'm concerned.  And this is the one interaction that doesn't generate an affair memory!  That's why I use Squinge's mod to nuke all the memories and add them manually when woo-hoo occurs.  The same goes for the term 'unfaithful', incidentally.  That has to involve sex, too.  They are basically synonymous in terms of the way I have been brought up to see them.

Of course, you can betray your partner by a kiss or whatever, but that's something entirely different.  Betrayal and affair aren't synonymous, at least not where I come from.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 June 06, 20:13:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, since we're on the topic of amorous interactions that don't make sense,  how about that massive make-out kiss they do at 'Greeting' and the 'Say Goodbye' kiss?  All that wasted kissing and no change to their relationship.    lol

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 June 06, 20:31:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those don't change their relationship? I have had several Sims receive their first kiss from both the greet and goodbye type kisses. So they do something. I never checked to see if it changed their STR score though.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 June 06, 20:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mmnnn, strange that i've never seen the 'first kiss' happen that way.  I will start paying closer attention.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 June 06, 20:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indeed, a first kiss can happen that way, but they most certainly don't gain relationship points of any kind from it.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 June 07, 14:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure the greeting/goodby kisses count, but the kiss at the end of a good date does count.
* Gwill must also start paying attention

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 June 07, 15:24:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, finally got the opportunity to closely watch a new romance.  A newly transitioned Fam Teen in my challenge, used TJ's crystal ball to summon over a suitable match (this is in my Royal Challenge, so not every match is suitable).  2 Bolt attraction, they started out with no relationship to each other.  Using the Macro/Socialize/Romatic got them to 100/3 and they are at Crush stage.  At that point, i had him say goodnight to her, they kissed goodbye (the First Kiss was locked in) but that kiss did not fulfill the first kiss want.  Had him call her back immediately but unfortunately he only gave her a hug as a greeting.  Ended up doing the First Kiss manually.  I've got more teens coming up so i'll keep watching.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 June 07, 16:20:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to have teen-adult attraction fix in my game, but not any hack to allow romantic interactions between adults and teens.  The attraction fix caused the gypsy to hook my teens up with adults, who they would have a perfectly fine dream date with (given some work) even though there were no available romantic interactions.
On at least one occasion I had a teen hooked up with a proffessor, first kiss want locked, no romance possible, but first kiss was fulfilled with the "end of date kiss".  I remember because I was surprised, since there technically should be no way he should be allowed to kiss her.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2007 June 07, 18:25:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really amused now by the idea of the squeaky clean teen-adult dates, Gwill. I may have to put that particular mod in my own game, for realism. (Haven't made up my mind yet how much actual teen-adult interaction I want -- I'll probably let storyline dictate.)

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 June 07, 18:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the spring when Sims roll up the want to "kiss" (not any specific Sim) then this is being satisfied when a friend comes over and they greet each other with the Euro kiss. Even platonic kisses are counting to fulfill that want.

As far as my earlier statement about first kisses, maybe it was "first kiss with so-and-so" rather than just "first kiss" that was satisfied. I'll have to watch closer too. But I know for sure that they have received the actual "first kiss" memories from the goodbye at the end of the date kiss.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 June 07, 22:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This post is so inaccurate that there's no point in me even trying to nitpick it. Better to just delete it before the OP tries to take your advice.

EDIT: For those of us who seem to need cat macros for everything, what I'm trying to say is:

For the curious:
Dear Mens Mortuus,

I have read your post about how annoying you find the fact that flirting is regarded as having an affair when a sim is engaged or joined. I partially agree with you. Nevertheless there are ways to cope with it.

First of all, you could cause a rollover to your sim. This ways he would probably have amnesia when he recovers, so he would have forgotten that he had an affair, an that memory would accordingly be erased from his head. This has also some disadvantages, though. Your sim might even be killed. Moreover, you are able to cause a rollover only if you own E5, known as "nightlife", in order to buy your sim a car. I do not know if it's possible with a taxi-cab, but this would probably cause damage to the taxi-driver too, something that would be too bad, especially if the taxi-diver was cute or had children to raise. His children would need their father in order to grow up properly. What is more, if he has many children, his wife will probably not be able to raise them, so a social worker would take them away from her. This may also have some negative effects. The couple that will adopt them might be rude, mean, bad, evil, damnable, mischievous, ruthless, unsympathetic, bloody, hard, guilty, selfish, egoist, egocentric, egomaniac, egotist, narcissist, brash, violent, or generally unable to raise the taxi-driver's children properly. On the other hand, the couple could be nice, polite, good, kind, pleasant, gentle, superlative and perfect parents, be I advise you not to risk. The taxi-driver's children' future is very important.

Another way to deal with your problem is have your sim brainwashed, an easy, anodyne, painless, quick and fast way to erase his memory. You should be careful, though, not to erase some other memory. If, for example, you erased his memory of him burning the mac and cheese, next time he would burn it again coz he would not remember it and would not be careful in order not to burn the food again. As a consequence, the next time he would cook mac and cheese he would burn it again. As it will be not bad enough, he might also burn the oven and (-why not?) the whole kitchen. He might also be burned. And this is why sims need a fire-alarm. It does not cost much, so stop being selfish and buy one! If I were you I would put one in every room. Try downloading different colours in order to decorate your sim's house nice house nice. This way your sim's visitors would like to come again and the sim will be popular, have more friends and be promoted.

Finally, you could use the following code: moveobjects on, and delete your sim's memory. This has no disadvantages, so it's the best. DO IT!

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to express my views on this super-interesting topic. I hope I have been of some priceless help to you and your poor sims.

Yours sincerely,
MissBree

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 June 07, 22:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That little rant reminds me a lot of this page:
http://www.madcowtouristinfo.com/
(It's not a joke page, it's written by a genuine schizophrenic.)

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Alie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 June 08, 01:54:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What... the...

Although the age difference between William and myself was extreme, I took the position that we are going to be married for 50 years.  It doesn't matter that much.  My anthropological position was that the peak for sexual appetite in the male is 17, while that for the female is 34.  I suspected that this was because we females could not be easily drawn from the water.  We probably also didn't like transforming from standing on our toes in the water, to standing on our feet on dry land.  So eventually it became necessary to invent high-heeled shoes.  But I still think we would all like to return to our baths.

By the way, she's talking about Prince William.
lemmiwinks
Buttlicker
Dead Member

Moar gayer than Jordi

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 June 08, 02:04:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That little rant reminds me a lot of this page:
http://www.madcowtouristinfo.com/
(It's not a joke page, it's written by a genuine schizophrenic.)

I do not know if this is more frightening or more sad. This person can think and put together coherent sentences, but they do not give information, only weirdness.

Please remember to click the "THANKS" button!
Mens Mortuus
Blathering Buffoon

Reaper haz ur plumbbob

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 June 08, 04:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That kid has issues.  Huh There are some self-righteous replies here, although I won't point. I'm talking about The Sims, and they bring in real life stories. I asked about this because the flirt interactions are just so tame, and shouldn't cause an affair. The only reason it even annoys me is that my Headmaster is a Romance sim and for some strange sadorandom reason, points go up when the lady of the house flirts with him. I even checked his want panel. Things like 'charm' and 'serenade' are flirts, but not full-blown affairs! Besides, general gameplay suggests that when players do want sims to have affairs, they go the whole way and not stop at flirt.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, oh yesensible MATY-landers.

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes...
PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 June 08, 10:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, duh!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 June 08, 10:17:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A shiny addressing this issue is currently in testing and will be released after the Fat Gwilly One looks at it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 June 08, 10:54:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fat Gwilly one at your service.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 June 08, 11:29:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK MissBree, let's go through all the errors in your post in detail.
Dear Mens Mortuus,

I have read your post about how annoying you find the fact that flirting is regarded as having an affair when a sim is engaged or joined. I partially agree with you. Nevertheless there are ways to cope with it.

First of all, you could cause a rollover to your sim. This ways he would probably have amnesia when he recovers, so he would have forgotten that he had an affair, an that memory would accordingly be erased from his head. This has also some disadvantages, though. Your sim might even be killed. Moreover, you are able to cause a rollover only if you own E5, known as "nightlife", in order to buy your sim a car. I do not know if it's possible with a taxi-cab, but this would probably cause damage to the taxi-driver too, something that would be too bad, especially if the taxi-diver was cute or had children to raise. His children would need their father in order to grow up properly. What is more, if he has many children, his wife will probably not be able to raise them, so a social worker would take them away from her. This may also have some negative effects. The couple that will adopt them might be rude, mean, bad, evil, damnable, mischievous, ruthless, unsympathetic, bloody, hard, guilty, selfish, egoist, egocentric, egomaniac, egotist, narcissist, brash, violent, or generally unable to raise the taxi-driver's children properly. On the other hand, the couple could be nice, polite, good, kind, pleasant, gentle, superlative and perfect parents, be I advise you not to risk. The taxi-driver's children' future is very important.
Sims can not be run over by any vehicle. Nightlife is EP3. If you can get the taxi-driver to have kids, something is bugged in your game, or you are a puppy killer. You appear to have a malfunction in your thesaurus.
Another way to deal with your problem is have your sim brainwashed, an easy, anodyne, painless, quick and fast way to erase his memory. You should be careful, though, not to erase some other memory. If, for example, you erased his memory of him burning the mac and cheese, next time he would burn it again coz he would not remember it and would not be careful in order not to burn the food again. As a consequence, the next time he would cook mac and cheese he would burn it again. As it will be not bad enough, he might also burn the oven and (-why not?) the whole kitchen. He might also be burned. And this is why sims need a fire-alarm. It does not cost much, so stop being selfish and buy one! If I were you I would put one in every room. Try downloading different colours in order to decorate your sim's house nice house nice. This way your sim's visitors would like to come again and the sim will be popular, have more friends and be promoted.
While this would work (assuming you mean doing it in SimPE), you would have to erase the memory from both Sims, or you end up with more screwed memories than your average Maxis pre-built family. Sims cannot learn from their mistakes. Whether they burn food or not is dependent on cooking skill, and cannot be influenced by memory. Sims cannot differentiate between recolours of an object, so different colours of fire alarms would have no effect on room score.

Finally, you could use the following code: moveobjects on, and delete your sim's memory. This has no disadvantages, so it's the best. DO IT!
You can't delete memories via moveobjects on.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to express my views on this super-interesting topic. I hope I have been of some priceless help to you and your poor sims.

Yours sincerely,
MissBree
Given that all the advice in your post is wrong, with the exception of brainwashing in SimPE, I doubt that you have been of priceless (or any) help to Mens Mortuus. Don't sign your posts.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Mens Mortuus
Blathering Buffoon

Reaper haz ur plumbbob

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 June 08, 19:02:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A shiny addressing this issue is currently in testing and will be released after the Fat Gwilly One looks at it.

Baaaaa, Pescado  Smiley Let's just hope MissBree doesn't wander into that thread as well.

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: