More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:27:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  OFB_Restocking bakery problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFB_Restocking bakery problem  (Read 7815 times)
sindagator
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
OFB_Restocking bakery problem
« on: 2007 June 01, 16:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying to restock the J"Adore Bakery with single seving dessert plates. I can't do it because I don't have the option to make single servings of the desserts (cake, cheesecake, berry pie). What am I missing?
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: OFB_Restocking bakery problem
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 01, 16:34:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You make a full serving and then serve it out, cancel the action before they eat them until you get all the pieces. It's a pain.

Unsouper
Mens Mortuus
Blathering Buffoon

Reaper haz ur plumbbob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 01, 17:19:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A supreme pain. I did it once, and then stopped. It's easier and more cost effective to just sell whole cakes and pies. Tongue

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes...
sindagator
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 01, 17:37:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's dumb and yes a pain Sad I already tried the serve option, but didn't know what to do with the pieces, so they got eaten. How do you put them in the inventory?

Thanks, this has really been bugging me.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 01, 18:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you put them in the inventory?
Bring up the cheat console, enter "moveObjects on", then click on the sim's inventory. Grab item, drag to inventory or press I.

Actually grabbing the things can be tricky. Top-down view tends to help.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Mens Mortuus
Blathering Buffoon

Reaper haz ur plumbbob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 01, 19:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about Make Many.... Single Plates? That sends the stuff right into the inventory, right?

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes...
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 01, 19:13:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But does NOT work for dessert items except for 'toaster pastries'...

You can't just make a single slice of berry pie or cheesecake or layer cake or crepes suzette.  You have to make the WHOLE 6 serving item in order to make them at all.

sindagator
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 01, 20:39:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I've got it! Thanks Smiley
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 01, 21:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You shouldn't have to turn move objects on to put them in inventory... but maybe it's different since some EP or something. I haven't tried in awhile, it's a pain.

The food items that really make sense to have and need single servings... those are the ones you can't make :p Dumb Eaian logic.

Unsouper
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 01, 22:31:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You shouldn't have to turn move objects on to put them in inventory... but maybe it's different since some EP or something. I haven't tried in awhile, it's a pain.

The food items that really make sense to have and need single servings... those are the ones you can't make :p Dumb Eaian logic.

When was the last time that you baked a single slice of cake?  Wink

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 01, 22:36:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Work pot luck between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I always make pot luck desserts as many single-servings sos people don't hafta fuss around with cutting them at a party. And I know I've brought enough. Not cake though, was tira misu.

You ne'er make muffins?

Unsouper
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 02, 00:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've yet to go to Starbucks and buy a whole coffee cake to go with my iced raspberry coffee.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 June 02, 11:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have a look at

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8586.0.html

It's my mod for Make/Make Many single desserts - they still have to prepare them, but the single servings go directly into the inventory. Gelatin is extremely fast because there's no prep or cooking involved.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 June 03, 01:30:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've yet to go to Starbucks and buy a whole coffee cake to go with my iced raspberry coffee.
They bake a coffee cake whole then cut it into sellable portions. Unfortunately I work in food service, so I'm privy to such secret information. Its a waste of time to cook single portion desserts IRL food sales. In fact, if the game was to be more realistic they'd bake double or triple sized cakes because every business IRL makes desserts in mega bulk form. Unfortunately as it stands it is more realistic...chefs come in hours before open to prepare such bulk items and then portion them for sale.
As for the muffins, that's a valid point. I often cook a single muffin.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 June 03, 12:31:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a French pastry shop down the road from me that often makes and sells single portions. One and only one. It's a rare thing for *every* anything to do anything.

Sure it's terribly realistic for your bakery chef to be unable to buy, produce or inventory single portions, unable to cut a cake into single portions without laying each one out on the table individually, and being told not to eat them and then manually placing them into inventory <eyeroll>

Muffins (and doughnuts for that matter) are 'making many' single portions of cake. How in the world is that any less realistic than making many single portions of salmon or pork chops at once? Are you saying businesses cook each pork chop individually rather than making a whole batch and portioning it, but don't do the same for pies?

Goddess this is a stupid debate. Sims keep their food in a bag of holding and pull their cooking equipment out of their asses, but it's more realistic to make it impossible to sell bakery items the way they are really sold.

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 June 03, 13:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, it's probably possible to settle this argument simply by making it possible to automatically cut up a cake from inventory, so you can make your cake in 6-packs and still sell it one piece at a time to annoy your sims.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 June 03, 13:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You wanna settle an argument? without blood? <peers> Are you a changeling sock puppet or what?

I dl'd Morague's hack but having tried it yet - it sounds sorta like it does that? But, of course, I'd rather have one of yours always Smiley

Unsouper
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 June 03, 13:41:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, it's probably possible to settle this argument simply by making it possible to automatically cut up a cake from inventory, so you can make your cake in 6-packs and still sell it one piece at a time to annoy your sims.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Seems like the people who are complaining about the desserts have two main issues: a) having to make six servings of ANYTHING when only one is actually desired is annoying, and b) the game doesn't handle breaking group meals into single plates well, because Sims want to stuff their faces allthedamntime.

Issue A could be addressed by storing the leftovers in inventory or a Seasons fridge, or people who aren't so concerned about efficiency can use Morague's hack and not bother with leftovers. Issue B is the one that could use better handling, especially for people who haven't warmed up to macrotastics yet. (I'm warming, but it took a really long time. It's installed! I haven't been playing much lately, though, mostly just cleaning out custom content. And learning to recolor.)

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 June 03, 16:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is a mod I was begging for when OFB came out.... But nobody seems to be interested at the time. I dream of that each time I play a bakery.... Please ? Embarrassed
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 June 03, 17:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems like the people who are complaining about the desserts have two main issues: a) having to make six servings of ANYTHING when only one is actually desired is annoying, and b) the game doesn't handle breaking group meals into single plates well, because Sims want to stuff their faces allthedamntime.
Who wants to make only one serving at a time? Considering that it would take the same amount of time to cook, it's inefficient. That's why I haven't downloaded the current hack. That's always why I never do Make...Single Plate. If Make...Single Plate yielded 6 servings to inventory, now that would be shiny.

Invisigoth, I'm aware of how coffee shops make coffee cakes and other items. I was stating that I've yet to buy a whole coffeecake at a coffee shop. 'Cause they don't sell them that way. 'Cause most people don't want a whole one every day, ya know?

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 June 03, 19:51:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who wants to make only one serving at a time? Considering that it would take the same amount of time to cook, it's inefficient. That's why I haven't downloaded the current hack. That's always why I never do Make...Single Plate. If Make...Single Plate yielded 6 servings to inventory, now that would be shiny.

Invisigoth, I'm aware of how coffee shops make coffee cakes and other items. I was stating that I've yet to buy a whole coffeecake at a coffee shop. 'Cause they don't sell them that way. 'Cause most people don't want a whole one every day, ya know?

Oh, I know.  I was just being a cranky tired girl because I had worked for 12 hours on my feet.  I'm sorry for nitpicking.  Next time I'm cranky I promise to take it out on my loved ones rather than MATY.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 June 03, 22:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heehee. My one best friend works in a bakery, on cakes. I hear plenty of bitching about having to lug layers around...up stairs, down stairs. So yeah. Culinary = physical job.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: