More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 18:40:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Turning a Sim into a townie
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Turning a Sim into a townie  (Read 4427 times)
AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Turning a Sim into a townie
« on: 2007 June 03, 16:57:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm full of questions these days...

I have a few Sims I've got bored with. Rather than smiting them, I thought I would turn them into Townies, so they'd still be around but I wouldn't have to do anything about them. So I've searched this forum for some tips, and I found various references to making townies in the "empty neighbourhood" tutorials.

All of them suggested using Inge's teleporter shrub for turning a CAS-made sim into a townie. My question: is there something wrong with using the NPC and Townie Maker (the dead tree that spawns with testing cheats and Ctrl-click)? Does it cause fireballs, hairloss and/or impotence? ...because it looks simpler, and doesn't require installing extra hacked objects...
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Turning a Sim into a townie
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 03, 17:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never took a look at the tree's code, does it even have an option to turn Sims into townies?
Marking someone as a townie is a simple matter of changing the family ID, so I suppose if it has the option, it is safe. I can't see how even EAMaxis would screw it up.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 03, 17:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure the tree-maker spawns NEW townies, rather than making existing sims into townies.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 03, 17:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am stoopid and I need more coffee.

I had seen the option "Make into townie...", which opens a radial menu of names, but I hadn't noticed that it does not include any playable Sims. It seems to include townies (strange) and *dead* sims, for some peculiar reason.

Anyway, feel free to nuke this thread and so destroy the evidence of my subcaffeinated stoopidity. I'm off to get Inge's shrub.
Gamblor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 03, 18:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a painting object mod I downloaded a long time ago that gave you the option to change Sims into townies or NPC but I can't remember where and who created it or if I still have it around.

A Sims Nightmare!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 03, 19:00:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge's teleporters. I've updated them a little some time ago, they should still be here in Taster's Choice (I think), or over at MTS2.
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 03, 23:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I use the Maxis NPC & Townie maker pretty frequently.  And yeah, you can use it to turn playables into townies, easily.  The trick is, they have to be in the Sim Bin.  Then their name will show up on the tree's pie menu, usually either at the very first or very last of the list.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 04, 04:00:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just use InSIM to do it now but I've used Inge's teleporter shrub too.  Sometimes I make 'extra' kids into townies once they become adults.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: