More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:59:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Jun "More Awful Than You": Stupidass Houses!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Jun "More Awful Than You": Stupidass Houses!  (Read 115659 times)
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Re: Jun "More Awful Than You": Stupidass Houses!
« Reply #125 on: 2007 June 14, 02:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, well, I lied about that one. I was mostly referring to my first entry when using the term 'beautiful' but I see now that the other descriptions were perhaps a bit misleading. It is huge and unplayable, though, and two out of three ain't, er, bad (in this case, maybe that's not such a good thing). It certainly is, um, green.

Edited to fix quotation tags.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2007 June 14, 04:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The advantage of A-frame houses is that you don't have to pay for the outer walls, because they are roof walls, and therefore free. So it's a good technique for starter homes, or when you are trying to keep the cost down.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2007 June 14, 04:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do in Seasons. In Seasons, the "roof walls" don't count as anti-weather and therefore it still gets hot and cold in the roof-wall.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2007 June 14, 07:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do in Seasons. In Seasons, the "roof walls" don't count as anti-weather and therefore it still gets hot and cold in the roof-wall.

Yes, which totally screwed up my usual way of shoving a couple kids into attic bedrooms.  Roll Eyes Although was interesting since the first time I discovered this I was playing a lot where I'd made one guy the poor gardener, living in an apartment over the garage, and it did lend a little extra something to the story to have him freezing cold!  Grin I finally took pity on him and redesigned it with walls before putting the roof back on.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: 2007 June 14, 11:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I never yet found a lot that I didn't want to tear apart and rebuild, way back in TS1 days, I only download lots for neighborhood eyecandy. I always avoid custom terrain paints ... they are never better than utterly ghastly. So it is with the greatest of pleasure that I submit my entry. I make this submission in good faith because I am devious, cheating bitch.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: 2007 June 14, 13:03:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome Mirelly! However did ya find that house? Tongue Cheesy

jonayla
Asinine Airhead

I'm just stupid, what's your excuse?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: 2007 June 14, 16:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Umm..

How about this masterpiece?  Grin

Too pretty to be judged?

I didnt' download this, but more images available at http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=235587

PS. There's a nice spot for a little bonfire in the house Wink

I'm just stupid, what's your excuse?
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2007 June 14, 17:18:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can haz Awesome fixes 4?

Sapnish
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2007 June 14, 22:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have more entries. Because I just have that much free time. Roll Eyes While the crimes against taste at parsimonious are many and varied, their houses don't suck quite as much.

There's still enough to taunt, though.

http://www.parsimonious.org/realestate2/home/chrlucent_illusion.shtml "Lucent Illusion"

At first I was gonna let this one slide, because, while annoyingly ...foofy, it's not the worst thing parsimonious has to offer. The gallery pictures are an abuse of the fisheye cameraman mode zoom, though.

But then I noticed this picture...WTF toilets?

http://www.parsimonious.org/realestate2/home/etrskyes_mountain_retreat.shtml
"Skyes Mountain Retreat"

Please step away from the terrain paint tool, Ethan. The house itself doesn't look that unplayable, but seems only suitable for one or two sims. Given the outside yuckyness, this seems a waste of perfectly good space.

http://www.parsimonious.org/realestate2/home/etrdreams.shtml "Nightmares""Dreams"

WTF is wrong with you, Ethan? Stop it.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 15, 04:30:54 by Sapnish » Logged

i r taking personality test too.
i r ISTJ.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: 2007 June 15, 00:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Umm..

I was going to say what's wrong with it? Sure, there's plenty of poor-taste decorating in there & stuff, but nothing I'm not guilty of myself. And then I saw the roof. Hooboy.

It's not even remotely a contender with some of the horrors of this thread, but a good home it is surely not. Nice find.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2007 June 15, 03:11:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a beauty.

It even has an elevator! Death from plummeting,anyone? Not to mention the mechanical nightmare if the unit breaks...since there are no stairs. Notice the nice open floor plan. Please note the lack of doors.  Visitors and spawn can freely roam the premises.

And two, count 'em two, hottubs of doooom.  There is just too much that went wrong with this build.

This little number is also missing a bathroom. But to be fair, they claim that they added one after they uploaded it. There were some other random pics of a bedroom. Hard to tell were it's located. Probably on ground level. It is also loaded with custom content! This baby comes in at around 160K. They 'think' the lot is 4x5. I was going to download it to double check it's dumbassedness (it's a new upload), but sadly, it's been pulled...probably for good reason!

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Khaki
Exasperating Eyesore

HMPH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: 2007 June 15, 03:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So it is with the greatest of pleasure that  ...  I make this submission in good faith because I am devious, cheating bitch.

Devious cheating bitches are my favorite bitches!

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2007 June 15, 05:30:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It even has an elevator! Death from plummeting,anyone? Not to mention the mechanical nightmare if the unit breaks...since there are no stairs. Notice the nice open floor plan. Please note the lack of doors.  Visitors and spawn can freely roam the premises.
Hehe.  Houses with only elevators and no stairs are a recipe for psychosis. Just ask Charisma. Oh wait, you can't, she went nuts and drank the whole neighborhood, then was eaten by her own cowplant.

What are those things on the deck? I'm guessing just 1x1 room pillars, but they almost look like showers.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2007 June 15, 19:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What are those things on the deck? I'm guessing just 1x1 room pillars, but they almost look like showers.

That's what I thought they were at first.

Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: 2007 June 15, 23:54:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I never yet found a lot that I didn't want to tear apart and rebuild, way back in TS1 days, I only download lots for neighborhood eyecandy. I always avoid custom terrain paints ... they are never better than utterly ghastly. So it is with the greatest of pleasure that I submit my entry. I make this submission in good faith because I am devious, cheating bitch.
a) What's actually wrong with that house? The roof is kinda ugly, but the floorplan isn't all that unworkable... is it? (I'm peering at the tiny screenshots and trying to see the flaw.)
b) How on earth was it submitted on Thursday, 11 October 2007? Shocked

Umm..

Too pretty to be judged?
YUCK! That roof... it burns! Just as well there's a spot for the bonfire...

Shame it was only uploaded today, so won't be eligible for the competition.

http://www.parsimonious.org/realestate2/home/etrdreams.shtml "Nightmares""Dreams"

WTF is wrong with you, Ethan? Stop it.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Does that monstrosity have any flat terrain that the sims can walk on, or are they doomed to be stuck in their house forever?

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Tyraa Rane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2007 June 16, 02:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that monstrosity have any flat terrain that the sims can walk on, or are they doomed to be stuck in their house forever?

If you look at the gallery, it looks like there's a flight of stairs for sims to run, run from the horror! get down to the road. At least I think that's where the stairs lead to. With that lot, who knows. Roll Eyes

Speaking of Parsimonious creations, "Analyze" caught my eye. At first it looks relatively not-hideous, except, well...the roof's full of "skylights." AKA holes. I'm not sure the game would even consider it a real roof. Soooo...who wants to play that lot with Seasons? Grin
Sapnish
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2007 June 16, 03:00:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

a) What's actually wrong with that house? The roof is kinda ugly, but the floorplan isn't all that unworkable... is it? (I'm peering at the tiny screenshots and trying to see the flaw.)

Please see here for details. Because Mirelly is a cheater. Cheesy

i r taking personality test too.
i r ISTJ.
Khaki
Exasperating Eyesore

HMPH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: 2007 June 16, 03:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a very good question... or am I just really really confused... Jan Feb March April May June July Aug Sept OCTOBER... nope I'm not confused, wtf... ... what fucking year is this anyway? I admit I sometimes have trouble keeping up with what day or date it is,,,, but usually I'm pretty good about knowing what the year is....

khaki tries to cover up her super secret time-travelling ability by acting confuxed

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: 2007 June 16, 08:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The site upload dates are borked. You can see the proper upload date if you look on the simpage/lot uploads.

I have to say, Khaki-you have some lovely lots! Very prettyful.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2007 June 16, 15:01:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of Parsimonious creations, "Analyze" caught my eye. At first it looks relatively not-hideous, except, well...the roof's full of "skylights." AKA holes. I'm not sure the game would even consider it a real roof. Soooo...who wants to play that lot with Seasons? Grin
It's possible those are clear floor tiles. I have a few in my game that I've used occasionally....most of them being on the community pool lot, which is an entirely glass building. 'Cause I was just that bored. I made the second floor's floor translucent instead of clear because it did look a little too odd to have sims walking in the air.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2007 June 16, 15:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure I can see the ceiling/floor-edge things under the minifences. With glass tiles, that disappears. (At least with the ones I have, from Avenida, it does)
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: 2007 June 16, 16:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, no translucent floor-tiles in the Analyze lot -- they are holes that would wreak havoc with Seasons. I once downloaded that particular lot, and whilst it is a very cool design, most of the interior space resides in the basement, and the garden is huge and impossible to maintain. Overall, it proved to be mostly unplayable.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
feistyredhead
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2007 June 17, 06:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ENFP
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: 2007 June 17, 14:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do Seasons-only problems actually count if a lot was uploaded at least a year before a weather EP was even announced?

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: 2007 June 17, 15:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that will be taken into consideration, no. It's only ones who have made their houses with Seasons exp installed that will be pointed and laughed at if they make them un-weather worthy.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: