More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 01:25:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Jun "More Awful Than You": Stupidass Houses!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Jun "More Awful Than You": Stupidass Houses!  (Read 116897 times)
RaeKira
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Jun "More Awful Than You": Stupidass Houses!
« Reply #50 on: 2007 June 03, 14:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, I don't understand why so much of Niol's stuff is featured. It's crazy, stupid, and a complete waste of space (both in the Sims and in cyberspace). I mean, my grandmother could build better places than that... and she's dead.

Hell yeah.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 June 03, 14:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because new stuff by featured authors is automatically featured. It is a small cabal at MTS2 that decides what stuff gets featured, so stuff by "friends" or members of the cabal is automatically featured regardless of the actual value.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 June 03, 14:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed that some websites love the big shiny 5x5 over-decorated lots that would lag many computers, and tend to feature them a lot.  4+ floors, every square inch of the sloping yard landscaped (using move objects on to get multiple plants in one slot), glitzy floor covering and walls, high poly cc furniture, multiples of every luxury object in the game - including the ones you don't let your sims use, excessive use of decorative objects, etc.

When I go looking for lots I don't want "big, shiny and unplayable".  I want functional and playable.  Much shinier, in my opinion.

I really can't fathom the attraction for these big shiny lots that really aren't shiny at all.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Iolanthe
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 June 03, 16:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot_detail.php?asset_id=42178&asset_type=lot&user_id=359090

It's hard to see from the grainy picture, but the front walk is covered in green carpet, the wrought iron stairs clash horribly with the Moroccan door, and there's not a single wall in the place that goes in the same direction for more than one tile.  And then there's the strangely inaccessible outhouse/prison/garden shed and the strangely placed strips of foundation...  If it's supposed to suggest a fascination with billiards, there's probably not even room for a pool table in there.

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot_detail.php?asset_id=140430&asset_type=lot&user_id=359090

I nominate this one for incredibly bad use of space.  What is the purpose of that incredibly large first floor bedroom?

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot_detail.php?asset_id=36864&asset_type=lot&user_id=359090
This person seems to have difficulty grasping the concept that in normal houses, all the carpet in a room is generally the same colour...

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot_detail.php?asset_id=36255&asset_type=lot&user_id=359090
I don't even know what this is supposed to be, but the creator is right about the "disaster" bit!
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2007 June 03, 16:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that last one is supposed to be the top part of an ice cream cone splatted on the ground. The red... thingy is the cherry that goes on top?

Iolanthe
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 June 03, 16:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that last one is supposed to be the top part of an ice cream cone splatted on the ground. The red... thingy is the cherry that goes on top?

Oh, I kind of see it now...  I thought it was some sort of silo that was leaking milk all over the grass...  Tongue
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 June 03, 17:54:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As hideous as most of these lots are, I nominate the insiduous. The gorgeous lots that will crash your computer to smithereens and are impossible to play due to horrible lag. And yup, they typically can be identified by their "featured" status.

13-level apartment house with wall-to-wall windows, fully furnished for even more lag

Only five levels, but a huge lot, again chock full of windows and items. Plus, I hate most water terrain paints. Too unrealistic

Ok, I love HP, too, but this is going a bit far. Again, too many levels, too large of a lot, too many items. Lagtastic. And if that isn't enough, the design is so inefficient it would take an hour real-time for a sim to get from the mailbox to their bed.

A computer to go next to your toilet. Actually, I really like this one.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
staroverthebay
Nitwitted Nuisance

¯\(º_o)/¯ lol wut?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2007 June 03, 18:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An Elvish treehouse! - Only, no roofs means your sims' stuffs are gonna get covered in snow.  And WTF with those "ruins" down on the bottom level? I didn't know Elves built on top of ruins o.O

Looks to me like it'll take forever for a sim to get anything done! Also, swimmable lake? Look at the size of it! WTF?

Magic Forest Community Lot! Becuase going to community lots isn't enough of a hassle with load times. That looks like a lag-a-mangle just waiting to happen.

Four Legs Pet Shop
The idea isn't so bad, it's almost cute in its uniqueness, but it isn't executed for SHIT.

ETA: OH. MY. GOD.

A Trojan Horse
* staroverthebay dies from laughing too hard
« Last Edit: 2007 June 03, 18:57:00 by staroverthebay » Logged

¯\(º_o)/¯ I dunno lol
YOUNG AND STUPID.
Introverted, Sensing, Thinking and Perceiving. Conclusion: I IS TOILET PAPER!
Sapnish
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 June 03, 20:31:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I'd bring in some horrible Dorms today. MTS2 supplied these beauties.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=64113 "The magician dorm"
This one has over 3500 downloads. WHY?

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=160114 "Octopusal Dorm (32 Rooms)"
I wouldn't even play this dorm for eight minutes. What makes him think I'd want to play eight whole semesters here?

i r taking personality test too.
i r ISTJ.
staroverthebay
Nitwitted Nuisance

¯\(º_o)/¯ lol wut?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2007 June 03, 20:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hah! I almost posted the Octopusal dorms!
There's also one that has 54 rooms! Yeah! Because everyone wants 60+ NPC dormies roaming about their lot at a time!

This one looks nice but is unplayable because of all the fucking ELEVATORS! DUDE! I tried it, and kinda liked it, until my sims kept getting stuck on their room-floors because people were hogging the freaking elevators.

¯\(º_o)/¯ I dunno lol
YOUNG AND STUPID.
Iolanthe
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 June 03, 20:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Take out the toilet and I guess the Elven treehouse could work for the Email Challenge...
Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 June 03, 21:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This one looks nice but is unplayable because of all the fucking ELEVATORS! DUDE! I tried it, and kinda liked it, until my sims kept getting stuck on their room-floors because people were hogging the freaking elevators.

Is it Grand Blocks or Great Bricks? I don't think they can make their mind up.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 June 03, 23:41:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Take out the toilet and I guess the Elven treehouse could work for the Email Challenge...

I'm actually using it for that purpose.

Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 June 04, 02:08:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If insane largeness is what you're looking for, then Madisim has that covered and abused. Here is just a sample of his too damn big community lots. And all pay!

I wonder if Madisim can even play his own lots.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 June 04, 03:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Play?  These lots are works of art!  They are not meant to be actually played!  Barbarian.

On a more serious note:

I kinda like that computer lot.  But I'd probably rezone it as commercial and turn it into an electronics store.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2007 June 04, 03:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing Madsim's lots are good for are neighborhood decoration...they provide the shorter skyscrapers that make your playable lots not look freakishly small in comparison to those godawful towers. I entered one ONCE....bork, bork, bork.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
RaeKira
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007 June 04, 03:21:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For neighbourhood decoration, I suppose they would work nicely. Wouldn't it just be a lot easier to make actual decorations though? Save space and keep the detail!

Hell yeah.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 June 04, 03:25:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to sort of "defend" some of the creators of large monstrosities, I'll tell you what I think about 'em. Once in a while I create a large lot, like my large dorm. I use those types of lots for their "aesthetic" value in my hood, not for actual play purposes. I don't normally say so when I upload because, 1. it's not important and 2. users should know the limits of their own machines. Still, I've never gone above 4 stories, but I'm building "Chicago" right now. You might just see the Sears Tower and that has to be larger than the neighborhood deco buildings. (Maybe, I probably don't have the patience.) So if you see it and you KNOW you can't run it, then bypass the lot or use it as deco.

Anyhoo, I want to nominate anyone who builds sucky-ass basements, hundreds of split-levels (without the split-level tool), and anything that will completely distort my neighborhood terrain! No pictures necessary, I'm sure something will have popped into your minds.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 June 04, 03:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A Trojan Horse

Well, in the authors defense:

Quote from: darkwytche2006 link=http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=203476
My apologies that my horse is not greatly realistic. Please be aware that according to the true story the Spartans made the horse from driftwood and boat wood, so it most likely didn't look that horse like in reality.

So, in "real life," the horse wasn't actually very horse-like.  THAT'S why the Trojans let it in!  They wanted to figure out what it was, but got drunk and fell asleep first!
sherrie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: 2007 June 04, 03:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A couple of 'pay' houses from the queen of grotesque:

staroverthebay
Nitwitted Nuisance

¯\(º_o)/¯ lol wut?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2007 June 04, 03:56:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A Trojan Horse

Well, in the authors defense:

Quote from: darkwytche2006 link=http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=203476
My apologies that my horse is not greatly realistic. Please be aware that according to the true story the Spartans made the horse from driftwood and boat wood, so it most likely didn't look that horse like in reality.

So, in "real life," the horse wasn't actually very horse-like.  THAT'S why the Trojans let it in!  They wanted to figure out what it was, but got drunk and fell asleep first!

Spartans didn't make it... Greeks did. Spartans = Greeks, but Greeks =/= Spartans Tongue

¯\(º_o)/¯ I dunno lol
YOUNG AND STUPID.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007 June 04, 04:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, it's all Greek to me...

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Chienne
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2007 June 04, 04:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, this IS supposed to be what it looks like.  Doesn't everyone want to live in a bodily organ?  How about the Spleen House?  The Gallbladder House?  Somehow, people seem to be focused on a single organ....

And just in case anybody was in doubt about what he'd created, the author helpfully adds another view:

I guess if you're looking for a cock house, it's actually fairly skillfully done....

Middle-aged professional woman still plays video games.  Film at 11.
sherrie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: 2007 June 04, 05:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think its upside down  Cheesy
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007 June 04, 06:28:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's with the incredibly tiny closet off of the master bedroom in the cock house?  It's not big enough for career rewards, and I doubt most dressers would fit in there.  They could have easily not added the extra wall and just had a larger master bed, or they could have used it to give more space around the dining table so that it is no longer a deathtrap (three chairs against a wall = someone's gonna get stuck.  Although it could be fun to invite Goopy over to eat, and then have my playables sit in the two blocking chairs until he wets himself and dies.)

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: