More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:41:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Jun "More Awful Than You": Stupidass Houses!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Jun "More Awful Than You": Stupidass Houses!  (Read 117090 times)
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Re: Jun "More Awful Than You": Stupidass Houses!
« Reply #25 on: 2007 June 02, 07:31:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Toilet house! So ridiculous.  Cheesy

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2007 June 02, 07:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe I wonder what that toilet looks like in n/hood view Cheesy

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 June 02, 08:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe.  I'm soooo tempted to download that toilet house.  I have some sims I don't particularly like, I could send their sim-lives down the toilet.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 June 02, 08:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'd hate yourself in the morning though.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Tailchaser
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 June 02, 14:32:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can we nominate maxis houses that come packaged with the game? Cos if so, oh boy!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 June 02, 14:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who wouldn't want to live in a toilet?
SWEET. That is DEFINITELY the house for Sim-Brynne!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2007 June 02, 15:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm casting my vote for the pool house.

First thing i do when I download any lot is remove all the herbage & decorations. I don not need 50 billion tons of custom content crap move-objectsed over the top of each other just because some wanker with design-aspirations thinks that it's ok to put all that crap there.

And what the hell is up with the "i'm going to twist the leaw of nature so this floor is now a roof that can't be recoloured because I'm such a wanker i have to fuck up other people's games.

I'm going to enjoy June, I think. I like getting snarky at these arsemonkeys and now I have an outlet.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 June 02, 15:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(I don't know what the categories are for this contest so I'll make up a few of my own.) I'd like to nominate this house ( http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot_detail.php?asset_id=125524&asset_type=lot&user_id=682153) for "Unplayable Houses from Creators with Multiple Featured Lots on the Exchange", "Creators with Huge Egos Who Don't Playtest" and "Houses that Kill."

Not only has this house clearly not been playtested, but the total unplayability of this house makes me wonder if GodlyAce plays the sims at all or if he just builds unplayable houses all day. I downloaded this house because I was sick of building new houses for sims who had to move because of University bugginess. Unfortunately there were so many problems with the house that I had to spent a ton of time renovating it and then finally just moved my sims out.

Here's some of the problems I remember:
  • No lights. Anywhere.
  • Desks and the chess table all used living chairs. You know, the kind of chairs that you can't pull out to sit in
  • Main floor bathroom door was blocked by a couch
  • Main floor bathroom had two toilets. While double bathrooms like this might be cute in remote master bedrooms, when they're the only bathroom on the main floor, this leads to much stamping and whining from sims who see an empty toilet but can't enter the bathroom because someone is in there using the other one.
  • One tile wide hallways and single staircase lead to more stomping and whining as sims constantly blocked each other from getting anywhere. While these hallways look very elegant there's a reason why I make all my hallways two tiles wide.
  • Beds were blocked by plants or other objects. While it's ok to put a nightstand by the head of the bed, sims won't get in bed if there's a plant or statue in that spot.
  • Rooms were too small and objects were frequently blocked. More stamping and whining.
  • The slope that leads to the front steps is at a weird angle. If too many sims try to enter the house at once, some end up stamping and complaining they can't get to the stairs.

But the real reason this lot sucks and I've had it in for it for two years (I think that upload date is wrong) is that it killed my favorite sim. Here's how: The kids are at work. My favorite Sim is making breakfast while her husband naps on a twin bed upstairs. Breakfast catches on fire. There is no fire alarm, of course. My favorite sim panics, catches on fire, dies. Ok, that sucks but I've woken up her husband to go plead for her life. He wakes up, rolls out of bed and goes ... oh wait, that side of the bed is blocked by a plant. That's right, because he got out of bed on a different side than he got in, he's now trapped. And because Death is there, buy mode is greyed out and I can't move any objects. And so my favorite sim dies, killed by a lack of playtesting. I don't save and restart games so she stayed dead. I moved the family out shortly after that but I left the empty house up for her to haunt as a reminder to me to be more careful when downloading houses.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 June 02, 15:45:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm casting my vote for the pool house.

First thing i do when I download any lot is remove all the herbage & decorations. I don not need 50 billion tons of custom content crap move-objectsed over the top of each other just because some wanker with design-aspirations thinks that it's ok to put all that crap there.

Imagine the lag in autumn when all the leaves fall.  Not to mention that you'd need 3 gardeners to rake it all up - if they could even get to the leaves with some of the slopes those trees are on.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 02, 15:52:29 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2007 June 02, 15:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well....even though it's like shooting fish in a barrel, it IS worth nominating Buntah. Here are just five of her many crimes against taste lots.

First, this strange, strange lot. Words fail.

This wouldn't be so bad if she hadn't drawn glyphs on the top and turned it into a freakshow.

It may not be too bad inside, but the outside's enough to keep me away.

yes, it's a house of windows. Windows EVERYWHERE. She must have discovered the move_objects on tool that day.

This just in: Pool water defies gravity!

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 June 02, 16:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think there is a more nauseating shade of green than the ground cover and roof in that first Buntah lot.

There was another lot earlier with ghastly ground cover.  Don't these designers (and I use the term loosely) even LOOK at the screenshots before they post them?

frivolous
Asinine Airhead

STOP MAKING SHIT MESHES

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 June 02, 16:19:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

here's 2 by some guy on sapphiresims2. that site is the epitome of everything tacky:

and this egg house by numenor. nicely done but when the fuck would you need an egg house:

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2007 June 02, 16:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've worked Buntah out. Ex Pac-Man designer.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 June 02, 17:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Buntah is a universal suck!  Who'da thought?
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 June 02, 17:41:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is up with all those weird-ass fish on the roof?

Sapnish
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 June 02, 18:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is up with all those weird-ass fish on the roof?
Buntah: "Oh no, this house doesn't quite fit the quality of suck that I usually aspire to. How can I make it worse....FISH!"

i r taking personality test too.
i r ISTJ.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 June 02, 18:55:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aw, you beat me to the egg house. Bummer.

No one has posted the Community Lot shaped like a black cat, yet.

If no one finds it before I do, I'll post it.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 June 02, 19:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

damn, I want to play too but I delete things I hate almost immediately.

I do recall downloading about 30 sucky dorms from TSR when I first got Uni...

*thinks the pool 'waterfall' idea is kinda cool, if not for the hideous tiles around it.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Iolanthe
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 June 03, 03:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.xmsims.com/sims2/ehtm/simerhouse/residential02.htm

Not as bad as some of the TSR ones, certainly, but the strangely square moat defies logic.  I cringe at the thought of the foundation problems a real house would have if it looked like that.  And what about the bizarre roof configuration?  It's bigger than the house itself.  The whole thing gives the vague impression of a water cleaning plant (you know, with the separated square pools of muck) crossed with a marijuana farm (assuming that's what the green things in the lower left corner are - I'm certainly not downloading that into my game!).  I get the feeling some people would object if that actually appeared on the Champs-Elysees in Paris...
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 June 03, 03:28:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How strange! Looking at the first floor with a top-down view shows her penchant for ceiling lights, while she only has four on the second story.

here's 2 by some guy on sapphiresims2. that site is the epitome of everything tacky:

Just looking at the house in picture number two hurts my head.
Iolanthe
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 June 03, 03:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just waded through 19 pages of feeEssen's crimes, just in case she had a lot in there somewhere...  The woman has committed 295 crimes against good taste, ranging from "New Mesh - Edible Carrot!" to "New Mesh - Spirited Kitchen Cupboards!" to "Winter Japanese Autumn Horn" to my personal favourites, "new Mesh - Mangle!" and "new Mesh - Street Lanterns with and without dog!"  No houses, though.  It's just as well - I'm not sure I could stomach an entire house full of strangely lumpy pastel things!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 June 03, 04:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eeek These buntah houses are hideous ,I am glad I am not a judge.I build boxes with roofs but at least they are useable Tongue 

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Sapnish
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 June 03, 04:48:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am glad I am not a judge. 
If I've been paying attention to the history of that statement in these contests correctly, you are soon to be a judge now.

i r taking personality test too.
i r ISTJ.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 June 03, 05:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who wouldn't want to live in a toilet?
SWEET. That is DEFINITELY the house for Sim-Brynne!
Heeehee. Unfortunately, my grilled cheese zombies are already being tortured by having to live in the House of Brie and the House of Swiss (yup, shaped like cheese wedges). Otherwise that would be a great option.

Oh, and I want that egg house. Seriously. With the chickens. My neighborhood's on crack already. All-knowing mimes living in a phone booth, eleven GCZ's stealing papers to hoard in their houses of cheese, a cheerleader who beats the crap out of everyone she meets, children who turn into maniacal murders later on because they were scared too badly when plummeting in an elevator....yeah. The house would fit right in.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 03, 05:22:04 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 June 03, 06:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WTF on "Hitler's House?"

It's the German crest!  That is NOT a Nazi symbol like the swastika!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: