More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 05:36:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How do you put your own music into the game?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How do you put your own music into the game?  (Read 16354 times)
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
Re: How do you put your own music into the game?
« Reply #25 on: 2007 June 06, 20:20:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it doesn't slow it down I might just use witch's tutorial to give buy, build, cas and neighbourhood the same soundtrack.

If you stay in any of these places long enough the music cycles to the next category anyway, once it plays through the first (at least since Nightlife).  Tongue

Well I have put about 50 songs, some of them up to 7 minutes long and I haven't noticed any difference in the loading time of the game.

Heg, the file format was WMA but they didn't work in the game at all. I used to be able to change the file format (and still do on my old computer) from WMA to .mp3 in XP to upload songs to my mp3 player. It works just fine, so it is slightly disconcerting to hear it shouldn't Cheesy

I'm guessing the files are being converted on-the-fly while being transferred.   Grin

Also, some portable music devices can play native WMA files.

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 June 06, 20:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh... so, if I just fill one of those 4 folders and empty the others, it will use that for all 4? That would be even better!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 June 06, 20:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just checked and they are being uploaded as .mp3's. Doh. Sorry Cheesy

Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 June 07, 15:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have always wondered how the game handled the different tracks and the syncing of them for different instruments.  I wonder if they use a proprietary scheme or a common one, like midi.

I don't have an actual answer, but...<a lot of words!>

Good non-actual answer.  It definitely gives me the message that the process is more convoluted than I would want to tackle.  They couldn't have just used a software sequencer to track the parts and applied a 'humanizer' effect algorithm to make the parts sound bad for unskilled players?  No, that would make too much sense for EA.  Alas.

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: