More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 14, 22:22:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Placing Portraits on a Community Lot
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Placing Portraits on a Community Lot  (Read 4795 times)
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Placing Portraits on a Community Lot
« on: 2007 May 29, 09:13:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this possible?

I've already tried the boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false cheat, and although this does enable buy mode so I can place a picture after I've painted one, the portrait disappears as soon as the Sim leaves the lot. I've tried using the InSim (I think) to enable save (clicking on a blank area, choosing 'Other...' then selecting 'Enable Save'), but it doesn't seem to work.

I have not tried rezoning said lot yet, though. Any ideas as to whether or not that cheat would allow changes to the lot to be saved afterwards?

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
Re: Placing Portraits on a Community Lot
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 29, 11:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Easiest way? Have Open for Business? Paint the portrait at home, place it in inventory. Buy the lot, place the portrait, then sell the lot back to the community.

If you don't have OFB, the process is a bit more complicated.

You'll need the Buyable Residential Mailbox and Trashcan  collection at Sim a Little, Dream A Lot.

And to reduce the number of useless character files, you'll want to do this in a test neighborhood.

Change the lot zoning to residential.

Place the Residential Mailbox and Trashcan, so you can actually move sims in.

Then all you need to do is place the painting, kill the Sims  who you used to place the painting,  change the lot zoning back,  and remove the residential mailbox and trashcan.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 29, 13:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Easiest way? Have Open for Business? Paint the portrait at home, place it in inventory. Buy the lot, place the portrait, then sell the lot back to the community.
[snipped]

And it won't sell the portrait when you sell the lot back to the neighborhood?

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 29, 14:27:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[snipped]

nope, I just did this a couple nights ago. it worked great! 

I had a sim buy the lot after painting a bunch of custom paintings, went and hung the sign to close the business, put the pictures where I wanted them and had the sim head home. had her sell the business back and I went to it in build mode to remove the unneeded sign and check on the paintings, all of them were there.

I used one of Squinges "paint faster" hacks so I would have the pictures done ASAP (2 hour version)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 29, 15:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[snipped]

I had a sim buy the lot after painting a bunch of custom paintings, went and hung the sign to close the business, put the pictures where I wanted them and had the sim head home. had her sell the business back and I went to it in build mode to remove the unneeded sign and check on the paintings, all of them were there.

I used one of Squinges "paint faster" hacks so I would have the pictures done ASAP (2 hour version)

To build on, I have a graveyard with paintings done of every dead resident, before the Oversoul got angry and nuked the neighborhood. One resident owned the lot and others would just gift him the portraits and he would place them. Occasionally I'd get a portrait that wiped back to that sunset default, but otherwise it worked well. I saved the portraits as custom paintings, so if a wipe occurred I'd just have the owner paint it again.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 29, 18:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[snipped]

Thanks to you all; I'll definitely be trying that now. Yes, I do have OfB. Cheesy

Quote from: zazazu
To build on, I have a graveyard with paintings done of every dead resident, before the Oversoul got angry and nuked the neighborhood. One resident owned the lot and others would just gift him the portraits and he would place them. Occasionally I'd get a portrait that wiped back to that sunset default, but otherwise it worked well. I saved the portraits as custom paintings, so if a wipe occurred I'd just have the owner paint it again.

This is the exact reason I wanted to know about this; thanks!

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 29, 18:59:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe it does if the portrait is marked for sale, but not if it's just hanging as decoration.
I had absolute hell trying to build a community lot graveyard with custom paintings before OFB.  It's a lot easier now.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: