More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 14:06:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sims Repeating Freshman Semester 1
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims Repeating Freshman Semester 1  (Read 5329 times)
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Sims Repeating Freshman Semester 1
« on: 2007 May 29, 23:45:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sent 2 teens to Uni from Riverblossom, and when their grade bar filled up, I used the college clock to send them to finals.  But when they returned from finals, I didn't get notified that they passed with an A+, they didn't get any money, and they are back at the start of freshman year, even though their grade point average shows as 4.0.

I have sent other sims to finals with the clock before and since this episode with no problem.  I'm using one of Maxis' dorms.  I have all EPs and SPs and MATY hacks, with very few other hacks (no kitten/puppy killers).  Any idea how to fix this?  How would I use SimPE to credit them with the appropriate history?  I don't care about memories or the money, I just want them to be at the start of semester 2 of freshman year.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: Sims Repeating Freshman Semester 1
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 30, 00:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if you just want to move them TwoJeffs college adjuster should enable that for you http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,1236.0.html

But I've never heard of this strange non-progressive behaviour. The closest I've seen is when I make NPC dormies selectable. If they go off to their exam they come back and get the money, but reset to the first semester again when they are made unselectable again. Have you considered asking the two wierd ones to move in with other Sims to see if they were just set wrong when you moved them into Uni?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 30, 01:38:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I just came here looking for an answer to the same question!

I have two townies that I have sent to uni in a custom hood.  One of them advances at the end of the first freshman semester, but the other doesn't.  The one that advances gets the money, the one that repeats doesn't.  And she has a locked want of making the dean's list, but the want isn't satisfied because it doesn't seem to recognize that she has completed her final exam and has a 4.0 gpa.

I tried deleting the repeater before she goes to the final exam, moved her out and back in, moved them both out and into another dorm, took out all hacks, forced errors, etc., but she keeps going back to the first semester and no grant, no notifications that she passed.

I'm not using the college clock.  And I'd like to be able to give her the credit she deserves, grant money, etc.  Any help from anyone more awesome than me?

ETA:  I just had her do her final exam again, and she did get the grant money and the memory of making the dean's list, but the want wasn't satisfied.  She still went back to semester one of her freshman year.  I went into SimPE and changed her uni semester value from 1 to 2 and she is now in freshman semester 2, with the correct class for her major.

But I still would like to know why this happened.  I have all EP's and the Glamour and Family Fun packs, but I haven't had this happen with any other YAs.  Probably another EA "feature", I suppose.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 30, 02:15:21 by ElviraGoth » Logged

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 30, 03:36:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing I've heard like this is the teen in the Ottomas family having to repeat the first semster...

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 30, 15:06:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This seems to be a known issue that occurs with buggy Maxis premade sims. No one really knows why.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 30, 15:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*nods*  The three Ottomas kids; the kid who came in the Viejo house (Arthur? Or was that the dad, can't remember); Jules O'Mackey; the 2 Roth kids; and over in Bluewater Village (OFB), Melanie Tinker and Tessa Ramirez.  They all do that.  I've used TwoJeff's adjuster to advance them to the second semester.

edited for spelling
« Last Edit: 2007 May 30, 16:30:35 by phyllisp » Logged

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 30, 16:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem.  My first 2 Riverblossom YAs were Peter (?) Ottomas and Jules O'Mackey, and they progressed just fine.  The ones with the problems went later, the Martin boy and Roth girl.  I'll fix them in SimPE and see what happens when they hit their second final.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 30, 16:54:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This seems to be a known issue that occurs with buggy Maxis premade sims. No one really knows why.

Another endorsement for the clean neighbourhood templates, notownieregen, and building all your own townies.  Last time I had a buggy maxis premade townie, I had him killed by satellite on a residential lot and my playables sold the scrap metal for a nice bunch of simoleans.

Tribulatio proxima est
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 30, 21:12:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, it had to be one of the townies I sent - Melody Tinker.

This is my Town-E-Town - where I plan to wreak havoc on the dreaded townies.  And one of the guys who was a teen I had sent to Uni when I started (and is now an adult and living in the 'hood) has the hots for a Uni girl I couldn't locate, so I picked some sims to send to the dorms to flush her out.  Melody happened to be the third sim, and in the dorm where the YA girl I was looking for showed up.

No reason for her to be left out of the fun!

And I did have to change Melody's semester # at the end of her freshman year as well.  Ah well, I'll just have to adjust a bit - maybe more reason to have her build creativity with the crime career reward.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 31, 03:20:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a known bug in sims that have not been properly initialized.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,6517.msg190305.html#msg190305

Something is corrupting the person data for College Semester and College Info flags. If you set those values to normal values in SimPE, it also fixes this problem.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 31, 10:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Melody Tinker is a maxis playable, not a townie.

Just so you know.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 31, 21:31:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops!  You're right, Ness.

I had forgotten, since I never play those sims.  When I sent her, I got her dad with her at the drop-off, and wondered why she had a parent with her, then remembered who she was.

I wasn't planning on playing any of those sims in this hood, but since I had already sent her by mistake, and had found the sim I was after, I went ahead with her.  I haven't decided what to do with her yet when she graduates.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: