More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 01:37:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  time not working correctly in lot
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: time not working correctly in lot  (Read 5236 times)
ell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
time not working correctly in lot
« on: 2007 May 20, 15:54:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded a nurse baby hack and also the pets version of No friends for career thing (I have all packs to Seasons).

Time in my lot is not working correctly. Normal speed game play goes reallllly slow, and triple speed is "normal speed." I don't even know how to explain it but it's driving me nuts. How do I fix it? I took out the nurse baby hack thinking that might be it. Nope.

Also, when I click on an active sim I get "Spawn- Memory" something or other as an option.

Can I fix it? I really don't wanna scrap the lot!

Thanks,

Ell
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
Re: time not working correctly in lot
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 20, 18:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried removing the hack and testing the lot again?

ell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 20, 18:58:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried another lot. Time worked fine but still had the spawn memory thing.  I took both hacks out but time still ran weird.I got impatient and went looking. I found the Clean Installer and installed it, found an Urbz something or other that got d/l'd with something else so I trashed that. I'm still deleting tons of duplicates in my downloads folder.

Hopefully that will solve it!

If not, I'll take the nurse baby/no friends out  Cry and see what happens then.

Hopefully getting rid of that Urbz thing will have fixed it.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 20, 20:35:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sounds like you have an old version of a hack in there somewhere, look for it in clean installer, sort by type.

you should always use clean installer to install sims2pack stuff
ell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 21, 01:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay.. it was neither the nurse baby *nor* the no friends for careers hacks. I took em both out, put one in, took it out put the other in.. then put them both back in.

It was also *not* the Urbz thing, which is gone now anyway.

I found two entirely different hacks that came with something I downloaded a day or so ago, deleted those and the spawn thing is gone entirely but time is still wonky on *just that one lot*. I don't get it. I've taken everything off that lot I can think of that might be causing the time lag.

It's always the lots I really wanna play that get screwed up somehow. Ugh!

I've searched online but haven't found anyone else who has the time lag problem. I can count to 12, SLOWLY, between sim minutes. It's *that* slow. I just don't get what happened! It was fine. Had a sim couple, then a sim baby.. then had another sim baby and added a dog about the same time. I deleted both the new baby and the dog, saved, gone back into the neighborhood and then re entered the lot much like you'd do with a stuck sim thinking maybe either the new sim baby or the dog might be the problem, but it didn't fix anything.

I'm completely stumped here.

Thanks for all your help and advice.. if you have any ideas, I'd be grateful!
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 21, 01:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're sure it's not just normal lag? how much stuff do you have on that lot?

INFP or something
ell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 21, 01:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're sure it's not just normal lag? how much stuff do you have on that lot?

I am positive. I can go to the lot just across from it I built about the same time and it runs perfectly. I checked to see. The clock runs just as it should.

There's not a *lot* of stuff on the lot. It's pretty bare, really, especially when I started just dumping stuff off of it trying to figure out what might be causing it. When I click triple speed it goes "normal speed".

I've been playing Sims since the beginning and I've never seen or heard of this problem before.

I am loving the Clean Installer though. Since I deleted a ton of duplicate downloads my game is loading so much faster! I had no idea I had that many duplicated files. It was insane!

The only hacks I am running now is the nurse baby and the friends/careers one, and my other lots work fine with those two.

Can it be the dog? It's a custom basset.. I found it at mod the sims 2. Is there a program like Sims file cop for Sims 2?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 21, 06:47:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't there a debug command that makes sim time go slo-mo? I'm sure I saw one the other day when I typed Help at the debug prompt.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 21, 17:13:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't you have to reenter that every time you loaded the lot, though?  And if it was in the startup file, it would affect all the lots.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 21, 17:20:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

in the neighborhood screen, open the cheat window and type in boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true

enter the lot and see if you get any errors
ell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 22, 02:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I did more online digging and I FIXED it! Woot!

I came across an entry somewhere where someone posted they had an invisible fire problem.

When I typed in the testingcheatsenabled true I got an error.. I looked up the error and it mentioned the trellis. Aha!  I went back onto the lot, deleted all the trellises, saved and then exited and re entered the lot. The whole fence line was ablaze!!!

Called the fire department who put it (and the kid's rear end cuz I could not for the life of me get him to come away from the fire lol!) out, saved the lot and voila! Time running normally again.

How exhausting! I'm wondering now if lightning will strike that trellis everytime. It looked really cool as a privacy fence along the front side of the pool.

I'm thrilled though, this lot is 4th generation, going on 5th for this family. I all ready almost lost them once when I.. ahem.. accidentally deleted the eye file for that family. lol

Thanks for letting me run at the mouth here til I figured it out. I was really worried for a bit there.

Oh, and then this morning my game wouldn't load AT ALL. Talk about panic inducing. I saw about deleting the group cache file and it worked like a charm. Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 22, 15:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attach the trellis error for further study.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
DavidC
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 25, 20:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem with one of my lots not long after installing seasons. I didn't actually get a fire though but I couldn't get the error messages to stop with reset so I used the delete option so I guess thats why. The game ran normally after I hit delete so I removed all the trellis bushes and I've never used them since, I remember thinking at the time they must be a badly made custom tree but nope there Maxis  Roll Eyes. Shame I really liked them.. The Insiminator has an extinguish all fires on lot option which I think I used afterwards so that might be why Ive never had any invisible fires there since, not sure if it would work on them or not though. anyway heres my error log in case the original poster doesn't come back.

[attachment deleted by admin]
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 26, 12:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted a while back re:trellis' and invisible fires. I do not have access to they computer that game was played on, so I don't have any error logs to post. I used the stuckobjectremover to nuke them.  I too am wondering what is up with the trellis'.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: