More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 00:18:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Family Funds
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Family Funds  (Read 6223 times)
Bain
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Family Funds
« on: 2007 May 26, 20:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay I use the no 20k handout hack, and I was wondering how the game figures out who to take and give money from when you do the family funds cheat in the console line when the you have several families with the same last names?

I had a cheating hubby get caught and get kicked out of his home, he left with only 8k, I wanted to give him some more money and take away from the home he left so he could get one of those cheap downtown homes. But I couldn't figure out how to make the game pick one family over another when they had the same last names. Any ideas?
Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Family Funds
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 26, 20:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd move him into a cheap lot and use money orders. I don't know how that cheat works with several households with the same name, sorry.
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 26, 20:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the funds will change for the family that is currently selected
bimbelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 26, 22:14:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the funds will change for the family that is currently selected

I have found that does not always work.  I can't even figure out where the money is going, but it's sure not going into my selected family.  Used to work all the time, but hasn't works since Pets for me.
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 26, 22:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me, it stopped working once I combined households. Anyway, it's too cheaty; I just use the money order now.
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 26, 22:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a similar problem... I use a hack that allows YA's to live in the hood and still go to college and i needed to give a family more money but the cheat would only give money to the first family with that name... so i thought about it for a while and then (ding) i realized i don't want to give the family money but the household... So i changed the name of the household in SimPe... of course it only works once the sim is moved onto a lot

I have 5 households that are like college dorms... so i renamed the dorms... alpha, beta, delta, etc....  as a side bonus it saved on confusion when i wanted to summon a sim from a household and didn't know which is which...

Hope this helps...good luck   Wink
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 02, 16:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This info is also needed when, for instance, I'm working on a story, and I need a sim to be on another lot for a shot- I tend to have him "find own place", then familyfunds him and move him into the other lot, then put him back when I'm done, but of course he has the same last name...

INFP or something
AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 05, 16:38:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So i changed the name of the household in SimPe...

Ohhh, now this is a nice trick that I could use! Is it easy and safe to do in SimPE? I'm nervous of messing with it without detailed instructions, but I might just try...
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 05, 17:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alternatively... use Family Funds only on the current house (if you figure out the correct syntax, I always have to look that crap up again each and every time Tongue) and then use the Money Order to send a specific amount to a specific sim.  This should work (so I've read Tongue) even if the sim is in the sim bin.  At least then, you wouldn't necessarily have to muck around in SimPE and you could be a tad more precise about your target and the amount. Wink

Ste

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 05, 17:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohhh, now this is a nice trick that I could use! Is it easy and safe to do in SimPE? I'm nervous of messing with it without detailed instructions, but I might just try...

Instead of changing the family name with SimPE, why not just change the funds with SimPE?  I've done that before.  I mean, if you're going to be in SimPE anyway, why not take care of it in one step instead of two?

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 05, 17:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a lot of work!  I'm lazy - I use Monique's computer to have the moving-out sim deposit money.  Then I put the cheap 'puter in his backpack and away he goes.  He can withdraw the money in his new location (after buying the cheapest table and chair to use the comp with).

Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 05, 19:15:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Instead of changing the family name with SimPE, why not just change the funds with SimPE?  I've done that before.  I mean, if you're going to be in SimPE anyway, why not take care of it in one step instead of two?

For me.... because these aren't family lots but college dorms in a way... they really aren't owned by a family. These lots are just there for the YA's to live in while they go to college. So YA's can come and go, but it's always Alpha House.... So if i'm on the hood screen then it's easier to do a familyfunds cheat.... or if i'm teleporting a sim it's easier to pick the right family...

Open the hood with simpe.... find Family Information in the left column... choose the lot from the right column... change the name in plugin view, then commit
AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 June 05, 23:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Scratch, that sounds easy enough... I'll try it before I play my next session.

Starrling: unlike the OP, I'm not looking for a way to shift money around -- just a way to rename the household so I won't have a ton of households with the same name just because I had a very prolific couple two or three generations ago... That makes it easier for me to keep them straight, for example when I check the Lot Synch to see if there's a family that needs bringing up to date.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: