More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 02:25:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  real parents and adoptions
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: real parents and adoptions  (Read 3788 times)
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
real parents and adoptions
« on: 2007 May 25, 23:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like my sims to loose there neglegtet child one in a while, but I still want the kids to grow up in sync. So I have some other family, or relatives if they have some adopt the child. But there the problem with the missing/wrong family links. I dont want kids falling in love with there siblings. Maxis must be real strage to allow this with all the other stuff thats not in the game...
I read that its not possible to mod this so that the family relations stay. Why?
I really woul#d like to be able to do this without Simpe. That thing is so overloaded it scares me ;-)
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: real parents and adoptions
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 26, 07:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the use of a Simlogical teleporter plus shrub it is easy enough. You simply teleport the unwanted baby/toddler/child on to the lot of the Sims you wish to 'adopt' it and use the shrub to move the child in (_NOT_ adopt) now all the family trees will be kept as normal.

I think Jordi (?) has the latest version of the shrub in Peasantry.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 26, 10:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah, but thats no help once the kid has been taken away. I don't want to take any kids away myself.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 26, 10:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can still teleport in kids that have been taken away.  I've done it before.  I can't quite remember the full details of what to look for, though.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 26, 10:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All family ties are severed at adoption.  I don't think there's any clean way of fixing that.  Even with simPE you might encounter nastiness.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 26, 12:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As Ness  said you can still get them back from there and as Gwill said - trees are severed at adoption - so you simply look for the child in the default (I think) family and move them in from there.

If the family tree has been severed you basically have to go back and reconnect everybody in two places in SimPE. This can be a PITA if you have been playing this game for generations.

You have to add and set the relationship type to every family member under the relationships tab of the Sim Description and you have to do it again for 'immeadiate' family - mum, dad, siblings in the Family Ties panel. The Sim Description/Relationships panel sets the family bond between the Sims while the Family Ties panel builds the actual tree that you see when you click on the special icon under the relationships panel in the game.

Of course if you've adopted them on you'd have to first remove all the new connections and then re-establish the 'old' ones. Messy. And just as likely to lead to a fubar if you miss anything or (as is normal) there's another setting that we either don't know about or just haven't been able to find yet.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 26, 12:28:18 by Madame Mim » Logged

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 26, 13:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have done it in simpe, thats why I would like to know why its not possible to make a hack that prevents the conections from been cut in the first place. It would be fine to set the new parents as undefined relatives, or not?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 27, 02:01:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to add and set the relationship type to every family member under the relationships tab of the Sim Description and you have to do it again for 'immeadiate' family - mum, dad, siblings in the Family Ties panel. The Sim Description/Relationships panel sets the family bond between the Sims while the Family Ties panel builds the actual tree that you see when you click on the special icon under the relationships panel in the game.
Thanks Madame Mim, I was having issues because I'd somehow forgotten about the Family Ties panel. Fawn found herself an orphan when everyone else in her household died in a pool-meets-lightning accident on her uncle Edge's birthday. The social worker took her overnight, while Charisma the Freak moved in the house. When Charisma adopted her, her great grand aunt was suddenly mommie. (More like mommie dearest). Fixed now.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: