More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:50:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Empty Sims2Pack files?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Empty Sims2Pack files?  (Read 4694 times)
akatarli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Empty Sims2Pack files?
« on: 2007 May 25, 03:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just dl'd a bunch of walls and floors that were packaged in sims2pack files. I installed them using the content installer, fired up the WTF editor to rename them and.... they weren't there. None of them (I had dl'd like 50 or so). I did a whole disk search to see if they were installed somewhere else on the hard drive, and came up with nada. I dl'd them from tsr, no one had left any comments saying they had this problem. Is there a way to look inside the sims2pack files and extract them without using content installer?
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Re: Empty Sims2Pack files?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 25, 05:02:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you use the lousy installer that comes with the game, or did you use Clean Installer? If you used the former, your first step should be to use the latter.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 25, 09:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you used the maxis intaller they're probably in the teleport folder until you start up the game.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
lechapeau
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 26, 12:02:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happens there, not all the time but every now and then we see posts about it in the forums and I usually suggest people try getting it as a different file type if they can. It's often when the site (TSR) is busy but it's hard to tell really because we're all in different time zones anyway. Or it seems to happen when they're doing things 'behind the scenes' which the downloaders are obviously unaware of and couldn't try to avoid.
If I can avoid sims2packs from there I do to be honest, walls and floors you don't have much option though.
A couple of weeks ago a particular set I wanted wouldn't download properly no matter what I did, as in I varied the time of day over a couple of days. Then I saw they removed them so I assume they noticed a problem or were told.
For that it could even have been something wrong on the creator's end but they were regular uploaders so it's less likely, it's hard to judge.

When I get any now I check them as I download them with Clean Installer to make sure they actually contain something, which I know is very tedious but better than loading them all then going into the game and finding none or only some of them show up.

My TS2 custom neighborhoods:
Updated Beacon Falls + OfB & BV subhoods: http://beacon-falls.blogspot.com/
Brand new version of Maple Valley + a subhood & add-ons: http://maplevalley2.blogspot.com/
akatarli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 26, 18:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clean installer worked. EA flt.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 28, 14:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't you have to load your game and select the new walls/floors in-game before they'll show up in the WTF editor? I thought I remembered reading that somewhere.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: