More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 00:39:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Stupid 'buy lemonade stand' want.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stupid 'buy lemonade stand' want.  (Read 5214 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Stupid 'buy lemonade stand' want.
« on: 2007 May 23, 16:47:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know of a hack to nuke this stupid want? Every child wants one when transitioning from toddlerhood. No child ever wants to buy a 'toy' anymore! I'd settle for a hack that lets any toy that is bought will satisfy this want. I thought it was cute at first, but every single sim on the lot wants to sell lemonade! Grr! Stupid sims.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Stupid 'buy lemonade stand' want.
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 23, 16:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's funny is that the vast majority of them want to buy the stand, want to sell lemonade *once* and then never look at the dang thing again. I figger when they hafta clean up the dirty glasses the first time, they lose interest Wink Anyone that stays interested becomes a fortune sim.

Unsouper
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 23, 17:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's funny is that the vast majority of them want to buy the stand, want to sell lemonade *once* and then never look at the dang thing again.
Just like real life! Cheesy

Yeah, i'm annoyed by this too. It was cute the first five times, but now it's just annoying. No more lemonade stand for these damn kids. And get off my lawn! *waves rake*
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 23, 23:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what DO you want sims to want? I mean, when you put in enough want hacks to nuke the knowledge sim's peculiar wants, and the wants to buy expensive shit, and the wants to flirt with random passersby, and they've maxed all skills by the time they're teens, and then they can't want to do things that arn't on the lot itself... they have to want SOMETHING, hehe

INFP or something
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 24, 02:07:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To die?
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 24, 02:55:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To die?

nope, I've seen people bitch about the "get hit by lightning" and so forth, too.

INFP or something
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 24, 02:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eaxis always overdoes everything. I like that some kids want a lemonade stand, but I wish not *all* of them did, so it'd be different and unique. Actually maybe they've gotten somewhat better at it because I don't feel spammed out with the "want to fish" want, but I get it sometimes for kids, so it's nice.

I don't actually nuke all those wants - mostly just the buy eletronics and stupid influence ones, nor do my kids normally max their skills by the time they're teens. I don't let 'em max out that fast - only some specific kids or for some specific things.

Unsouper
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 24, 07:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to see different wants instead of the same things over and over, for one thing.  Every time a new expansion pack comes out, the new wants take over.  In Uni, they were obsessed about college.  In NL they obsessed about dating and going downtown.  In OFB, they obsess about starting a business and hiring every single person they know.  In Pets, every single sim wants to adopt a pet or obtain a puppy/kitten.  Now in Seasons all the want is to see rain/snow play catch/have water balloon fight/snowball fight, etc.  I wish that they could randomize them a little bit more instead of every sim in the neighborhood getting stuck on the same wants all the freaking time.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 24, 08:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the principle of linear obsession. Since the most heavily weighted wants or actions push out the lower-weighted ones, anything in a new expansion must be more obsessive-compulsive than anything in a previous expansion, or sims will never pay attention to it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 24, 15:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm annoyed at children who want to "buy a toy" when the lot contains every possible toy known to simkind, whether craftable or buyable.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 24, 15:42:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the principle of linear obsession. Since the most heavily weighted wants or actions push out the lower-weighted ones, anything in a new expansion must be more obsessive-compulsive than anything in a previous expansion, or sims will never pay attention to it.

Yeah, but the lemonade stand actually came with OFB, and none of my OFB born kids actually wanted to buy them! It was only when I installed pets and/or seasons that the obsessive want occurred. I get them with the crafting stations and makeover salon too, but I don't mind those. It's the adults wanting to sell lemonade all the time that does my head in! I've said it before and I'll say it again...stupid sims.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 24, 16:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim kids haven't wanted the lemonade stand since Seasons, which is fine. They usually end up smashed by a nasty townie or chewn to bits by a dog, anyways. Now, I do have one sim whose want slots are filled with "make zombie of Sim X", but then I'm in the middle of setting up a second try at the Apocalypse Challenge and doing some cleaning. The Oversoul is about to get very angry. Also, Charisma is a murderous freak.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 25, 03:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've mercifully seen the LemStand want relax a *lot* since installing past OFB, but I kinda think it was realistic when the kids would rillyrilly want to start/buy a Lemonade Stand, run/play it once, and then be over it. It did kind of annoy, but it was very true to lifeish and so like a real kid to be all, "Ooh, Xmas is coming - I want the new shiney! Yay, I got the new shiiney! New shiney is fun! Ooh, wait, what's that over there... Ooh, nevermind new shiney - now I want othernew shiney!"

Any realism in the progression was surely accidental, I'm sure, but it was kinda nice to see the kids actually act like real kids Smiley

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: