More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 18:34:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How stable is Pets P2?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How stable is Pets P2?  (Read 4696 times)
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
How stable is Pets P2?
« on: 2007 May 22, 04:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been running OFB P2 for the past while, and have lately been considering bringing back the little furbags.  From what I've heard OFB P2 is the gold standard of stability, so I'm wondering exactly how much of a step backwards I'd be taking.  I'm in the mood for some added bells and whistles now, but I wonder just how much I'd be giving up for them at this point.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: How stable is Pets P2?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 22, 07:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PetsP2 is about as stable as OFBp2 as long as you have all critical fixes in.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 22, 10:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe the salon chair remains broken as of Petsp2/Seasonsp1, an issue which did not exist in OFBp2. Someone doublecheck?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 22, 11:27:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

broken how?

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 22, 13:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe the salon chair remains broken as of Petsp2/Seasonsp1, an issue which did not exist in OFBp2. Someone doublecheck?

Yeah, what's wrong with the chair?
It really shits me when I find out that things in my game are broken when I hadn't even noticed.  Undecided
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 22, 16:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Broken, as in, it's not possible to run it as an OFBable, because apparently, customers cannot be shown the chair, like early OFBp0.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 22, 16:48:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sucks, but i don't really see it stuffing up my mall. Wink

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 24, 02:07:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, well, I haven't tried running a salon since Petz, but my game has been near-perfect since installing the second patch. It fixed the things it was supposed to fix, and doesn't appear to have broken anything new (aside from the salon chairs, which I'm only taking JM's word on). In fact, I'm loathe to install Seasons now, because I finally got my game running just the way I like it.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
DavidC
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 24, 09:29:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sims had a pretty good salon which I got up to lvl 10. Before I installed seasons my sim would stick to the chair, I would tell her to Dazzle or show a customer the chair (any of the 3 chairs) and she would return right back to hers. Since installing seasons she wanders off doing something else, so I have to pause the game and reassign her to it every time which is a pain in the neck. If somebody tries to talk to her before I reassign her (which they always do) you have to start your whole sales pitch to the customer again. So yeah Salons suck since Seasons/Pets, just as well I got it to lvl 10 beforehand so I just sold it.

Seasons is probably still the best EP though so I definably wouldn't let something like that put you off installing it, or Pets which I don't have since it offers nothing new except pets and bugs  Tongue
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 24, 11:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Er, I'm having no trouble at all with the makeover chair, Pets P2 nor Seasons P0 >> P1. My one salon (2 chairs) is functioning and still gaining levels, and a third chair is functioning on a non business home lot where I am grooming a teen to become a stylist for a storyline. Now this thread comes along and gives me something new to worry about. Sad

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 24, 14:54:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Broken, as in, it's not possible to run it as an OFBable, because apparently, customers cannot be shown the chair, like early OFBp0.

I've been running a successful home salon with Pets, Seasons, and all recent patches.  Occasionally I have lost the ability offer a makeover/show the chair, but I've chalked that up to it being a very small room with the customers sometimes blocking the chair.  Forcing an error on the chair and resetting it restores the ability.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 25, 06:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thankfully I've never cared much for salons, as the chair always felt like a cheap knockoff of the vanity.  It might be nice to try again later, but for now I'm more curious about the new options.

And while I've heard nothing but good things about seasons, even in its unpatched form, the nhood graphics glitches just bug me too much.  It's a silly reason, but submerged lots and unmelting snow are too annoyingly attention-grabbing for my tastes.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: