More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 17:11:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Resurrected and married??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Resurrected and married??  (Read 4094 times)
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Resurrected and married??
« on: 2007 January 30, 13:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is driving me insane.

At first, I thought it was an hack conflict or something, but after some days passed trying everything, in the end I reinstalled the game in a new user account, to have the cleanest environment possible. Nothing else addeed.

In short: after OfB, whenever I resurrect someone with o-nomitron, the resurrected one has every flag setted with any sim in neighborhood, i.e. he/she is friend, best friend, has a crush on, is in love with, going steady, engaged and married with everybody.

This doesn't seems an issue solved by patches, either, and I didn't heared it mentioned before by anyone.

I'm starting to think that it must be a special issue of my own copy of OfB, the only one in the world; ideas anyone?

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

This post not officially sanctioned

View Profile
Re: Resurrected and married??
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 30, 18:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're not alone Marhis, I have heard of this before. It was a mac user (are you?) but I don't know how they resolved it.

"Curse that alpha turkey, rohina! She will get her comeuppance next Grammar Day-- I will make sure of it!"
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 31, 07:41:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using the postmortemmarriage hack?  Shouldn't do that, but it's another point...

If you turn on testingcheats, do you get any errors?
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 31, 08:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Phew, thanks, glad to know I was not the only one. Yes, I'm a Mac user, maybe this bug is by Aspyr and not by Maxis, for once  Grin.
And no, miros, it can't be due to a hack, because I've experienced it in a completely new installation, new user account, new install, no custom content of any kind.

No errors, btw. I found - perhaps - the culprit in a BHAV of resurrect-o-nomitron; it should be the "sub - patch all relationships". In my game it calls a lua script; now I've made a mod which bypasses that BHAV, and see what happens (I'll test with liegenshonheit's self sim, who had an incident with a cowplant  Cheesy).

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 02, 01:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update: it's even worse. It setted all the flags on every damn neighbor: known, friend, best friend, crush, love, go steady, engagement, marriage, enemy and family. I had to pass a whole day on SimPE to get rid of the mess, and god(s) bless SimPE.

Apparently, the culprit is thad damned lua script, "patchallrelationships" in OfB TSData/Res/ObjectScripts/ObjectScripts.package; in NL the same function is handled with a normal BHAV, and it works just fine.

I've tried a substitution with the old BHAV from NL, it spans an error, but at least does not mess up everything. Just after the resurrection, when the relationships increment happens, error on caller sim. If I choose reset, the game remains stuck on "save disabled"; if I delete the sim, instead, save is re-enabled and everything goes well.

I've attached 3 error log; same situation, different lot/hood/sims. Anyone has a clue?

In addition, may someone give me the corresponding BHAV in PC version, so I can see if it's different and where? It should be BHAV group 0x7F126582 instance 0x00001039 (Sub - React - Patch All Relationships).

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

------
FlyOnTheWall
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 02, 11:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone (also a Mac player) on another forum had this problem. It's an Aspyr problem but she pretty much got nowhere with their customer service. The issue eventually fixed itself when she installed Pets.
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 21, 20:56:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm only responding to this because I've asked about this in other forums and they didn't have a clue about it.  I had to do a total clean install and yes, the situation was fixed when I installed Pets.  It was really creepy to see Patrizio Monty being slapped for kissing his wife because he was married to both his adopted daughter *and* his son.  YUCK.

PB

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 21, 21:05:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Necromancy is bad, m'kay?

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: