More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:14:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Random Character Creator
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Random Character Creator  (Read 23659 times)
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
Random Character Creator
« on: 2007 May 21, 00:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

//-- Corrected version of the post --//
Simsample, and other mates ask me for RCC.
I will not make any more, object and appz, for ts2, and that's why my ts2 website is down...
So i didn't know where to place this tools, that

// Edited //
RandomCharacterCreator - ENG 1.2
.Net 2.0 required !

p.s.
thnx to the J.M. for the hosting =)

download it from HERE
« Last Edit: 2007 June 18, 22:15:06 by MaximilianPS » Logged
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: Random Character Creator
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 21, 16:07:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is your program demanding access to the Internet, then crashing when it was not allowed?

THIS IS VERY SUSPICIOUS BEHAVIOR!!

PS.  Your names list sucks.  Sorry.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 21, 19:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simsample, and other mates ask me for RCC, but actually and i definetly i will not more build stuff for ts2.
so i didn't know where to place this tools, that i suppose to be definetly lots (obviously that not), so i put it here...
at least unitl JM will clean the message  Grin
. . . Elfie, a translation if you please?

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 21, 20:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't even open the .rar file, something isn't working right. I'm glad now after reading Hook's message. Shocked

Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

This post not officially sanctioned

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 21, 20:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got it to work and it made no attempts on my internet connection so not sure what went wrong for Hook.
I must agree with Hook's comment about the names though. Unless you are Italian (or of simliar cultural background) you're not going to be too keen on the names.

Just checked, it is possible to put your own name list in but I prefer to use Hook's RandomStuff even if it doesn't have the pretty pictures.

"Curse that alpha turkey, rohina! She will get her comeuppance next Grammar Day-- I will make sure of it!"
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 21, 20:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Lana.  What does the program actually do?  Just generate a random Italian name?

I had hopes it did something cool, like generate a complete Sim package.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

This post not officially sanctioned

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 21, 21:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not completely useless but limited.
A couple of screenshots.

"Curse that alpha turkey, rohina! She will get her comeuppance next Grammar Day-- I will make sure of it!"
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 21, 23:16:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Lana.  What does the program actually do?  Just generate a random Italian name?

I had hopes it did something cool, like generate a complete Sim package.

Hook

Max had an online version of this on his site, and I asked him if he could make a 'stand-alone' version so that I could use it on my gaming PC (which isn't routinely online). I've had no trouble with this without an internet connection- it isn't attempting to connect up for me. I like this one just because it is so simple and the lists are easy to alter.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 22, 01:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simsample, and other mates ask me for RCC, but actually and i definetly i will not more build stuff for ts2.
Eh? Someone peed in your cheerios or something?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 22, 04:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh! I'll play translator (since it's obvious the OP actually isn't a native English speaker, otherwise I'd point & laugh).
so i didn't know where to place this tools, that i suppose to be definetly lots (obviously that not), so i put it here...
"Simsample and some other friends of mine asked me to share this Random Character Creator. I won't be building any other programs for Sims2. I wasn't sure which section of the forum to place this in as I suspect this section is for sharing lots/houses (and this obviously isn't a lot), so I placed it here. If this is incorrect, I'm sure JM will move the post."

Anyways.... Hook's program, not as customizable, with pretties, in Italian.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 22, 05:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh! I'll play translator (since it's obvious the OP actually isn't a native English speaker, otherwise I'd point & laugh).
"Simsample and some other friends of mine asked me to share this Random Character Creator. I won't be building any other programs for Sims2. I wasn't sure which section of the forum to place this in as I suspect this section is for sharing lots/houses (and this obviously isn't a lot), so I placed it here. If this is incorrect, I'm sure JM will move the post."

Thanks, Zazazu. I got the first sentence, but in the second I couldn't figure out if they meant 'lots' as in houses or 'lots' as in 'plentiful,' since it's obvious they don't have English as a first language (as you pointed out). Smiley

This actually kind of reminds me of a program that I found at Shoo Flee a while back (before they closed) that was made by a member's boyfriend. His program featured personality points, aspirations and the turn ons and off. It even gave you an option for whether you wanted to include Grilled Cheese as an option for Aspirations, and you could choose whether the personality was 'normal' or 'volatile.' It was pretty cool, and used the same kind of appearance that this one does.

"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 22, 08:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

indeed this version do a check to my website for an updated version of the name list..
this appz was builded for the italian community so it's in italian, sry.

PS.  Your names list sucks.  Sorry.
i think that the maxian names sucks much more than the italian one Tongue

i'm pretty bored about ts2 modding, specially the object creation is frustrating for me that i didn't talk in binary and hex Tongue
as you know, i can mesh anything but made it usable for a sim is a different things, so the frustration win vs the wish to made
« Last Edit: 2007 May 22, 11:25:57 by MaximilianPS » Logged
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 23, 20:45:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not...*gasp* LEARN?

It's really not that diffficult.

TS2 only uses hex and boolean logic.

No binary or oct involved.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 23, 21:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Zazazu. I got the first sentence, but in the second I couldn't figure out if they meant 'lots' as in houses or 'lots' as in 'plentiful,' since it's obvious they don't have English as a first language (as you pointed out). Smiley

This actually kind of reminds me of a program that I found at Shoo Flee a while back (before they closed) that was made by a member's boyfriend. His program featured personality points, aspirations and the turn ons and off. It even gave you an option for whether you wanted to include Grilled Cheese as an option for Aspirations, and you could choose whether the personality was 'normal' or 'volatile.' It was pretty cool, and used the same kind of appearance that this one does.

Sounds like the one I've been hunting for. Wonder if anyone still has a copy..

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 23, 23:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can PM it to you if you want. I'd post it, but I can't remember who it was that originally posted it (also: Shoo Flee  has long since gone under).

MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 24, 09:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

share it !!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 May 24, 16:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh! I'd like that too Deminjo, please Smiley

Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 May 25, 01:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I'll post it here. Just remember: I did not create this program, and cannot remember the name of who first uploaded it (her boyfriend made the program). If anyone does know who made it, please let me know and I'll add the info accordingly.

I believe it requires net framework 1.1. to work.

ETA: The person who posted the program was ragemaiden; it was her boyfriend/fiancee that created the program.

* SimGen.rar (65.23 KB - downloaded 433 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 July 08, 19:00:58 by Denimjo » Logged

Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 May 25, 02:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's somewhat handy.  I've been using a 20-sider to roll turn-ons and turn-offs.  The real time consumer for me has been rolling dice for hair styles, hats, eyeglasses, etc.  If I just go by my own whims, I get Sims that tend to look much the same.

I use the name generator at the Well Dressed Sim for names.  I'll be a bit screwed if that site ever dies.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 May 25, 03:12:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's somewhat handy.  I've been using a 20-sider to roll turn-ons and turn-offs.  The real time consumer for me has been rolling dice for hair styles, hats, eyeglasses, etc.  If I just go by my own whims, I get Sims that tend to look much the same.

I use the name generator at the Well Dressed Sim for names.  I'll be a bit screwed if that site ever dies.

- Gus

I use Hook's Configurable Dice Roller to determine which sims get hats, glasses, facial hair or makeup.  I added some lines so that 50% of sims get makeup or facial hair, 30% get glasses and 20% get hats.

That topic also has two different name generators that work with the dice roller.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Cyjon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 May 25, 04:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using a 20-sider to roll turn-ons and turn-offs.  The real time consumer for me has been rolling dice for hair styles, hats, eyeglasses, etc.  If I just go by my own whims, I get Sims that tend to look much the same.

For turn-ons and turn-offs, I created a spreadsheet which picks a hair color, a body type (fat/fit), and an extra (hat, glasses, makeup/facial hair, costume makeup).  It then uses a weighted average to pick which one is the turnoff (fat and grey hair are more likely to be turnoffs, fit is less likely).  I threw out transitory things like clothing and perfume.

For looks, I go by personality.  Nice get hats, outgoing males get beards, sloppy males get stubble, non-shy women get makeup, serious get glasses, playful get costume makeup and/or custom hair.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 May 26, 12:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All programs posted are intresting, and more or less equal to the others...
the coolest things could be to change "on the fly" the parameter in CAS, i've tryed a bit i'm not soo good...
and actually i think it's not possible  Undecided
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 May 27, 00:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All my truly random characters lately have come from the built-in NPC and Townie maker. CAS seems a bit like a waste of time.

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 May 27, 08:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/family/index.html There is another name generator you could use on your comp.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2007 May 27, 09:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/family/index.html There is another name generator you could use on your comp.

Yeah, that's a good one, I use it all the time. I've actually substituted and added a lot of names to the lists.

[eta] Thanks Denimjo, I didn't realise you had posted the program Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: