More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:29:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  internet not working, crapping out everytime I restart the PC
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: internet not working, crapping out everytime I restart the PC  (Read 2066 times)
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
internet not working, crapping out everytime I restart the PC
« on: 2007 May 20, 08:41:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I've managed to get some internet time so I'll explain my problem.
Well, it started with my wireless modem, the modem doesn't recognise the IP address and keeps crapping out so we called our internet company and they said to disconnect the modem from the broadband modem.
I thought it was fixed.
A few days ago The internet was down for a whole day till we ran Diagnostics (IE7) and got the connection back.
However the internet kept crapping out everytime I restart the PC (As in the modem wont connect properly)
My mum is going to call the company again to see the problem but I think the modem is busted.

I might need help on this and would appreciate it if someone would help me as next time I restart the PC I will lose the connection

Thanks in advance

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: internet not working, crapping out everytime I restart the PC
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 20, 08:56:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the problem is with your wireless connection (connection is not established), try completely removing it, rebooting, and reconnecting. With some luck it will reestablish it correctly.

If the problem is with your DHCP (you do not get an IP address), wait until you're connected, and write down the values.
Then open your wireless connection status, go to properties, and double-click the internet protocol (IP).
On its second tab, alternate configuration, enter the values you recorded earlier.
That should make sure you have a valid IP even if DHCP fails.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: