More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 09:27:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  sc4 templates - i can has?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: sc4 templates - i can has?  (Read 4496 times)
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
sc4 templates - i can has?
« on: 2007 May 17, 13:00:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My main question is where do you get yours if you use them? Do you make them yourself?

Here's what I'm looking for: a completely FLAT terrain with a grid of straight streets where the lot size will be no bigger than 3x3 [because that's the biggest size lot I ever use].

If anyone can point me in the direction of something they know to be like what I want, i would be appreciated. I've been looking at/downloading a bunch of these and so far, none of them are flat, so it's hard to get maximum housage on them. I like to make my neighborhoods look like neighborhoods, and when you have sharp angles in your neighborhoods next to houses with huge dropoffs, I just want to stab myself in the eye.

Thank you for your time. Wink
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: sc4 templates - i can has?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 17, 13:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Dinkytink's Efficiency Neighbourhoods from MTS2.

Totally flat.  Small, so no need for a camera mod.  Undecorated, so you can add the decorations you want, rather than spend hours removing the 3 zillion separate trees that affect performance on ancient computers like mine (have terrain designers never heard of using forests instead of individual trees?).

The only criteria of yours it may not meet is the "grid of straight streets".   There are 6 different designs, I tend to use Dink-O-Rama for base neighbourhoods, DinkBlossom for unis, and EasyTown for downtown.  I find that although they are small terrains, they have plenty of room for small to medium sized lots.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 17, 13:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wolfsim68 has a fair amount of smaller gridded terrains now with less trees.
Another is Loverat's tiny terrains over at MTS2 which are fairly popular for smaller lot sizes.
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 17, 13:38:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use DinkyLots, too.  EasyQuad has a pretty straightforward grid.  And the little bit of variation in the grid allows a bit of flexibility for a slightly bigger park or business.  If you think about it, most cities have a few odd street or larger block.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 17, 14:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just made some for myself. I haven't uploaded them anywhere, but this is what they look like...

- City Living

- Downtown Living

I made these to go with the houses I've built, but they work for the smaller lots. 1x3, 2x2, and 3x3. I also use the really small 1x? lots, too.

I'll put the files on my server for a while in case you or anyone else wants them.

City Living.zip

Downtown Living.zip
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 17, 14:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mistyblue, those are great!

I have a couple I made ages ago, they are here if anyone wants them Smiley

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 17, 15:22:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where can I find a 1x1 vacant lot? I've been interested for a while, but I don't know where to look. :z

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 17, 15:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mini Community Lots & Mini Residential Lots Smiley

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 17, 15:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I'd seen them on mts2! Well, that saved me a few hours of fruitless searching. I'd thank you but apparently that's currently out of style. Wink

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 17, 16:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the Dinky ones for Uni and Downtown, then I have my own custom one for my neighborhood. Same basic concept in that most blocks are 3x3's, with a few larger and smaller thrown in for variety...but it's a huge neighborhood with the grid reaching almost to the edges, rivers, a mountain range.....most of the playable land is fairly flat, though. It's so much fun building this one up from scratch, I have 3 blocks filled and a couple oddball lots (Lonny Lon's phone booth for his pet breeding, all knowingness, and mysterious deeds; the swiss-cheese house that seems to also be linked to the increasing number of grayish shuffling former Romance sims who are now jonesing for cheese). One of these years I'll upload it somewhere, but I don't have pings for it. I chose to create a custom graphic for my neighborhood & subs this time around. Cute little graphic mod things.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 17, 18:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I'd seen them on mts2! Well, that saved me a few hours of fruitless searching. I'd thank you but apparently that's currently out of style. Wink

Just press the 'thanks' button-it's on vibrate Grin

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: