More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 00:08:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  If I were to kill all the townies...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: If I were to kill all the townies...  (Read 6257 times)
FuzzyLove
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
If I were to kill all the townies...
« on: 2007 June 10, 18:15:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok so lets say I'm playing a family in Pleasantview.  And I'm getting extremely sick of Meadow Thayer, Orlando Centowski, Melissa Fancey, and all those other townie people that randomly walk through the neighborhood.  If I was to start moving them in to families so that they aren't really "townies" anymore, would the game automatically create fresh new townies that I've never met before? Huh
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: If I were to kill all the townies...
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 10, 18:27:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes providing you don't have notownieregen in your downloads.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 10, 22:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And don't forget to re-randomise the sim generator, or your new townies may suffer from firstborn syndrome.  From one who has learned from experience...  Roll Eyes
FuzzyLove
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 10, 23:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oooh awesome!!  so if I move out (or kill)  one adult male townie, a new adult male would be generated with a whole new name and everything?!   I wonder why I've never seen that before, I've done it at least twice and never seen any new people...
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 11, 00:36:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A new townie will only be generated if the total number of townies falls below a certain amount.

The new townie will be of random age (child-elder, though usually it will be teen-elder), random sex, random skin/eye/hair color/cliothes, and random combo of first and last name. It will NOT be the same type of townie that you just killed or moved in.

Use the NPC Tree if you want control over what townies you get, or create sims in CAS and make them into townies using the Teleporter Shrub. You'll want to install notownieregen so the game doesn't beat you to it.

Fail.
SimsDiva
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 11, 00:38:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And don't forget to re-randomise the sim generator, or your new townies may suffer from firstborn syndrome.  From one who has learned from experience...  Roll Eyes

What is "firstborn syndrome"?  I've never come across that phrase before.
FuzzyLove
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 11, 02:53:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks for clearing that up for me saramk.  I'm off to try and get new interesting townies, yay!!  haha.  I assume the new townie(s) will also have a random job as well as a random appearance and name?
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 11, 03:02:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks for clearing that up for me saramk.  I'm off to try and get new interesting townies, yay!!  haha.  I assume the new townie(s) will also have a random job as well as a random appearance and name?

Yes, as well as random interests, turn ons/off, personality, and so on.

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 11, 03:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, actually, the townie won't have a random personality, usually. Due to the Firstborn Effect, basically 90% of generated townies will be Aries, as they will likely generate before you're aware that you need to rerandomize, and by then it's too late.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 11, 04:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was so sick of my billions of ugly, horrible, annoying townies, so I used Jordi's unbelievably amazing tutorial:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=2e6c484c75aa0a6de1e7fbb0a27191ca&topic=5861.0

It should link you to all of the necessary info as you read through it, but if you still need some help PM me, I didn't do this too long ago so it's all still pretty fresh in my mind.  There's a link in there to clean templates for Maxis created 'hoods including Pleasantview, so you can keep the buildings but be rid of the icky townies.  I also highly recommend picking out a new set of face templates (it will tell you how to do that in Jordi's tutorial as well), and of course put in the new templates BEFORE you spawn new townies or they won't use the new templates.  I ended up with 44 total NPCs in my base 'hood, which is a pretty big drop from the 300 I was sporting before.  When you put in subhoods that number will rise. 
With the new faces they're all normal looking enough to be potential mates for my playables!  Others have already mentioned rerandomizing before spawning new townies, and that applies to this method as well.  I wound up with townies that were all significantly different from the ones I was used to playing with (no more ugly guys named Goopy wearing kilts!)

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 11, 08:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(no more ugly guys named Goopy wearing kilts!)

Huzzah!

My neighbourhoods are Goopy-free too Cheesy

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 11, 15:13:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Riverblossom has four Goopies. They live in a commune. Perhaps I should have Sim Emma come and join them in a love tri-uh-pentagon.

The neighborhood I actually play (Urban Paradise/Downtown Craziness/University Land) is 100% custom, so no Goopiness.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 June 11, 19:04:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My neighbourhoods are Goopy-free too Cheesy
But then where would Sim-Emmas find twoo luv?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 June 11, 22:17:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Emma moons Zazazu and Pescado

FuzzyLove
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 June 12, 02:05:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok.  so i moved like 20 common townies into one lot. 
Is it just me or are the townies in two "groups"?  like there is benjamin long, meadow thayer, andrea hogan, and those other people.  they always walk by the houses and stuff just randomly and can come home from work with my sims.  Then there is the second group that it seems you only run into if you go downtown.  and my computer SUCKS really bad so it takes me like hours (real life hours) to get a sim to go downtown just to meet a few new people and come home.  sooo i guess my question is, if i move all the common neighborhood townies into one lot, will the game re-generate more COMMON ones or will it generate more people i can only find downtown?
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 June 12, 02:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are "Downtownies" and regular "Townies", as well as "Dormies", so yeah, you're right about the multiple groups part.

As per your question, if you removed your regular Townies from the Townie pool (moved them into a lot), your game would create more regular Townies. New Downtownies will only be created if you remove Downtownies from the Downtownie pool. Smiley

FuzzyLove
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 June 12, 02:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok good.  thats a relief!  (haha "downtownies"  what a great word) Grin Grin
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 June 12, 07:52:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dormies are not a separate group, they belong to the townie family.
There is "Townies", "Downtownies", "Service NPCs" and if you have seasons, the Garden Club is a group of their own.  With Pets there are also three familes of pets; "pet adoption pool", "strays" and "shop display pets".

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: