More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:14:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Maxis Object Guide
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxis Object Guide  (Read 3402 times)
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Maxis Object Guide
« on: 2007 May 19, 23:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there still a site out there someplace that lists all the actual Maxis objects (with pictures and basic info) and which EP or SP they came from? I know there used to be but don't know if it's still up or whether it has SP stuff, and it's the SPs I'm most curious about, since the actual EPs all have object guides inside the Prima guides.

Major bonus points if anyone also has a listing of all the Maxis/EA standalone content and its origin (like the celebrity Sims with new hair meshes, preorder bonus stuff, etc). I have a smattering of that stuff, but a lot of it I don't even know about.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Maxis Object Guide
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 20, 10:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not aware of any up to date guide.
There is the cheat "boolprop ShowCatalogePFlags true" that came with OFB or Pets or something, which shows what EP objects came with (although it doesn't work on walls and floors).  Of course, that means you have to enter the game every time you want to look up an item.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 20, 11:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can look at the CEP documentation, that is sorted per EP and has a quite complete list.

The cheat boolprop ShowCatalogEPFlags true is also helpful as Gwill reported, but it only works for objects. And it will report the base game for all downloaded content and stuff in the Bins, since it apparently only looks at what objects.package a file is located in.
JaneK
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 20, 11:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Akatonbo, the website was Trollsims. I have their entire list in a MSWord document divided into separate docs according to category. The categories are Appliances, Comfort, Decorative, Doors, Electronics, Fences.Gates.Columns, Fireplaces, Lighting, Misc, Plants, Plumbing, Pool, Stairs, Surfaces and Windows. It is set up as a table with small pics of each item as well as the name and the price. Also the environment score where applicable. I would be happy to email an attachment of any of the categories you are interested in or the whole thing if you want, but it is about 70 pages long in total.

Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 20, 12:19:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh, never thought about the CEP docs. (Never looked at them.) I'll have to check them out. (And I knew the cheat existed, but yeah, only in-game.)

JaneK, I thought it was TrollSims, and eventually last night I finally found that section of the site again... and it only goes up to Nightlife, whoops. With no stuff packs that I noticed while looking around, either.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: