More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 05:24:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can't accept outing suggestion when with child
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't accept outing suggestion when with child  (Read 3968 times)
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Can't accept outing suggestion when with child
« on: 2005 October 04, 00:09:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When one of my married sims (adult) gets a suggestion to go outing, automatically his spouse is going too.

I played Brandi Broke's house, and she had a child (all the others are in the college). She received a suggestion to go outing, and I accepted.
When the cab arrived, both parents went to the cab, leaving the kid alone (??!!).

I paniced, and immediately, when they arrived downtown, orderred a taxi to take me home. Good that they arrived the same time they left, but I got a message "it's not good idea to leave kid alone".

So, they must stay at home, until the child is a teen. They don't have even a chance to invite a nanny "just for now", because the cab comes almost immediately.

Which hack was the one which enabled me to choose who enters the cab, and who is staying home? Carpool fix? I don't remember - but I need it badly.

Thanks.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Can't accept outing suggestion when with child
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 04, 00:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe it's the phone hack and there's a NL version in testing now you can download.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 04, 00:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the phone hack - I volunteered to test it for JMP. So far all went fine, except of this.

If it's the phone hack - it must be fixed. Have I to write it at the "all hacks" section?
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 04, 00:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Luckily, when you go on an outing you always return the same time you leave.  Otherwise I suspect Maxis would have kept one of the adults at home, which is how it works with the carpool for work.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 04, 00:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Hook - I suspected it's the carpool fix.

But, is it updated for NL?
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 04, 00:21:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to Boris, it's updated and in testing but not yet released. 

But I don't think you need to worry about it, as I doubt the carpool fix will have any effect on an outing.  Since you're returning the same time you left, your child is not left alone for more than a few Sim minutes.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 04, 00:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Motoki was right - it's the phone hack, not the carpool hack. I pasted the old carpool hack, and didn't get the ability to choose which sim is going outing.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 04, 02:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali,

I thought that you could ring for the nanny, use the "just for now" option and she will show up. Then you can call for a taxi to take you downtown. Correct me if I am wrong people!

Stormy

dbmagick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 04, 02:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game if a sim has a child...infant thru elementary age & they want to accept an invite, there is an auto. pop-up that asks if they want to hire a nanny.  I just click yes and my sim then runs for their car.

Oh, my married sim's spouse isn't automatically included in the outings invite either.

Chasing after the BOOTY!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 04, 06:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game it happens the same as in dbmagick's, so it sounds like something is interfering with yours, probably one of your downloads.  None of my married people invited out have taken their partners with them, only when I have sent them out together, in which case there is always an option to hire a nanny.

Even so, you should have time to hire a nanny before the taxi arrives because they have an hour to get to the downtown lot before they are penalised.  Even better, get them a car.  You can then cancel out the instruction to get in the car, hire a nanny, then tell them to get in the car.  When they arrive, the other members of the party will be there. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: