More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:13:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Zazazu's face replacements
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Zazazu's face replacements  (Read 95648 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Zazazu's face replacements
« on: 2007 May 15, 05:14:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These files were originally posted on MTS2. However, I was accused of sim theft for template #2, despite the fact that I had never downloaded the sim in question. As such, they were removed and I will no longer be uploading anything there. (Bitter? Me? Never! I love spending three days of effort just to be accused of theft!)

With Enayla's skintones:

Without Enayla's skintones:

Faces available at 4shared.com: http://www.4shared.com/dir/2710440/c8824f7a/sharing.html

This is a complete set of CAS face replacements which consists of all 27 templates for all ages. All templates have been tested in-game and are ensured to look consistent between genders and age groups. Template set can be used as a whole or you can choose single replacements if you like. The picture above is the templates shown in numerical order (so 1-9 on row 1, 10-18 on row 2, 19-27 on row 3).

I prefer larger eyes in my sims, so you will notice that most of these templates have larger eyes than the norm. None of these faces were based in any way on the Maxis defaults. Instead, the vast majority are my born-in-game sims from the past two years and a few completely new constructs. I have tried to ensure a great deal of variety while keeping your townies from looking ugly.

To install:
- Download both .rar files for the complete set.
- Extract them into your Downloads folder. These faces are in subfolders for easier use. However, any players with just the base game or base + Uni will need to manually remove the files from the subfolders and put into the Download folder willy-nilly. Blame Maxis.
- Delete these three files:  My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/cigen.package ,  My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Thumbnails/CASThumbnails.package  and  My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/groups.cache  to ensure that the new faces' thumbnails will display in Bodyshop and CAS.
- Any new townies generated in-game will use the new templates (existing sims will stay the same). You will also be able to use them in CAS/Bodyshop. Hooray!

To remove:
- Delete included files in your Downloads folder (if you had to dump them willy-nilly, it may be easier to search for file names containing  facefile ).
- Delete these three files:  My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/cigen.package ,  My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Thumbnails/CASThumbnails.package  and  My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/groups.cache  to ensure that the old faces' thumbnails will display in Bodyshop and CAS.
- Congratulations. Goopy and Brandon Lillard-clones will now be created again.

Credits:
AlienABQ for his helpful base templates
Motoki over at More Awesome than You for the tutorial

Other sets:
AllenABQ's faces
AmberDiceless' faces
DocDoofus' faces
Nailati's faces
Oepu's faces
Sarakadie's faces
Selzi's faces
Terrakosmos' faces

One nasty-looking toddler was created during the creation of these templates:

She has been released into the wild.

Copy policy:
Don't. Use 'em wherever you want, and feel free to make sims for download from them (except for #2...while I did not steal this sim, it apparently is very close to one by linuslover and you would be best not publicising a sim based on the template to avoid your own set of accusations), just don't package as a face replacement and say you made them. Easy, right?
« Last Edit: 2007 May 28, 04:31:43 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: Zazazu's face replacements
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 15, 06:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So which of linuslover's sims are you supposed to have ripped off? I don't see a clear resemblance to any of the ones listed under linuslover's profile.

Fail.
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 15, 06:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fail to see how the stealing argument can be made, the faces in TS2 are essentially a set of numbers that any person can make. So how can it be owned by someone?

It's reasonable to assume that a similar face could be made without realizing it. Unless they made their own archetype mesh and imported it into the game (ex. the elf ears), they don't own squat.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 15, 07:35:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a ludicrous argument, anyway. Everyone knows humans all look similar, and there's only about a dozen unique people in the world. Everyone else looks mostly like one of them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 15, 14:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Similarity or not it is simply MTS2's policy to refuse before thinking (or in your case boot before thinking). I actually had the original creators permission to make and post alterations of some skins and MTS2 just wouldn't listen - got quite rude about it towards the end.

So my commiserations on your struggle with them. I know what asses they can be - and thankyou for the lovely templates. That's an Enayla skin your models are wearing isn't it? Nice.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 15, 18:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I use Enayla defaults posted by MissSimGameFan at MTS2 and the other geneticized skin tones of hers that are here posted by dewshine.

As for linuslover, it was Magnus that the template apparently looks like. It should be noted that linuslover contacted me first, we talked, and he didn't feel the template was stolen. I offered to change it out with another and he said not to bother. What's even more funny is that I double-checked through my sim files....template #2 is actually Christopher Test, child of Chuck & Saish, my traditional sim "first family".

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ mother of an ENTP child. Halp!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 15, 21:49:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really glad you posted them here because I was curious to see them. I'm planning to use them after having seen them. And I still can't believe they pulled them when linuslover was not complaining. There must be some real busybodies over there.
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 16, 01:45:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gotta love MTS2 Sad

They were probably just jealous of your work. Or bored. Or really crappy people.

Anyway, I'm glad you posted them here or I would never have found them  Grin
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 16, 02:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perfect!  Now we can delete them for being stolen download them!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 16, 02:38:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gotta love MTS2 Sad

They were probably just jealous of your work. Or bored. Or really crappy people.
MTS2 has this kind of aggressive zealotry against the idea of "stolen" ideas, whereas over here at MATY, we find the concept rather absurd at the level MTS2 takes it to. Note how we have a rather relaxed view of the matter, and people commonly post things from here that they've blatantly altered. And you know what? I dun care. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 16, 02:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perfect!  Now we can delete them for being stolen download them!
Tongue
A few new townie/NPC spawn from the templates:

The middle one is actually Dorothy, part of my Alphabet Challenge, and the accidentally-adopted-by-the-neighborhood-mime-instead-of-a-poodle girl. Unfortunately her first baby got great-grampa's eyes.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 16, 13:42:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a ludicrous argument, anyway. Everyone knows humans all look similar, and there's only about a dozen unique people in the world. Everyone else looks mostly like one of them.

Ah, but who are the unique dozen (sounds like a failed movie title).  Do I look like someone else, or do a whack of people look like me?  If they look like me, do I get to take them to court for copyright violation?

Tribulatio proxima est
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 16, 14:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I just dense, or are there no photos of these? I don't download anything I can't look at first. Some pictures would be lovely.

Edit: Nevermind. The pics just didn't load with the page the first time.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Chienne
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 16, 15:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May I ask which MTS2 staffer did the dirty deed?  'Cause some of them seem quite reasonable, whereas Lyric Lee appears to be a rabid dog. 

Middle-aged professional woman still plays video games.  Film at 11.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 16, 15:49:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May I ask which MTS2 staffer did the dirty deed?  'Cause some of them seem quite reasonable, whereas Lyric Lee appears to be a rabid dog. 

I don't think LyricLee is at MTS2 anymore  Grin
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 16, 16:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

funny how mts2 will let you hotlink someones mesh file (that is on another site and thus stealling bandwidth from that site) but god(dess) forbid you make something that looks like something someone else made  Roll Eyes

Chinchillagrl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 May 16, 18:01:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That just sucks. Your templates are very nice. If Keely (LinusLover30) agreed that it is not her face, I don't see what their big deal is. They are just being jerks. Keely is very nice.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 May 17, 11:38:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

funny how mts2 will let you hotlink someones mesh file (that is on another site and thus stealling bandwidth from that site) but god(dess) forbid you make something that looks like something someone else made  Roll Eyes
Probably because the concept that hotlinking the mesh steals bandwidth is absurd. The bandwidth exists so people can download the mesh. How is it stealing bandwidth to download the mesh? Besides, it's their own damn fault for not letting people distribute the mesh on their own bandwidth. Why else do you think people wind up with huge jacked up bandwidth bills and have to become paysites? Because noooo, they're just too good to let OTHER people use up their own bandwidth to distribute crap instead of coming back there. Dumbasses.

selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2007 May 17, 17:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu, I'm so sorry for the trouble you had to go through. I know how annoying it is when people accuse you of something you haven't done. When I released my templates on MTS (thanks for linking to my thread, I'll do the same for you in a second! Grin ) one person claimed I didn't make the faces myself. I told her/him that was not true and I had made them all by myself, and that I found it quite impudent to accuse me of this - but the person obviously didn't care. I was never even told whose sims I was supposed to have stolen, so up to this day I have no idea what went wrong in that person's head. Roll Eyes

Anyway, your faces are great, and I hope tons of people will enjoy them once they have seen their new pretty townies and NPCs! Grin
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 May 18, 07:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to see the templates without the Enayla skins. Her skins tend to visually change the structure of the face, so it's difficult to tell what the face actually looks like.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 May 18, 15:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to see the templates without the Enayla skins. Her skins tend to visually change the structure of the face, so it's difficult to tell what the face actually looks like.
Hmm. Ok. Can-do, but I'm in Indiana this weekend and won't have access to my PC. I'll get a pic of the set with the uglified Maxis tones early next week.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2007 May 20, 18:18:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I had base game + Uni, I had face templates installed in subfolders and they worked.  I don't know if you could do more than one deep, I wouldn't try it, but I had a folder for Male, Female, and Child and it worked.

I didn't do that on purpose, I got them off of MTS2 and QExpress did that FOR me, but I'm glad they did.  Made it easier to find them.
Berg
Dimwitted Dunce

I ARE 2 BLAME 4 HUR TYPOES!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2007 May 20, 21:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like them. I haven't had any new townies spawn yet but I'm pleased with what I've seen in BS and CAF so far. Not dollface-pretty faces, but far, far prettier then the Maxis charicatures. And that's about what I wanted Smiley

So thank so for these, they're actually the first face templates I've used. Don't know what took me so long, so double-thanks for finally making me do it.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 May 20, 22:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I found an error. The adult female for #5 and #6 is the same. For #6, the other ages for female match the #6 male.

Fail.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 May 21, 14:46:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fart, I thought I'd fixed that. Will do tonight when I take new pics sans Enayla skins and will reupload the file.

Edit: I'm not seeing that they are the same, and I haven't changed my files since uploading. Hrm. I checked all age groups and sexes of faces 5&6 and they are consistent. Will test in-game instead of in BodyShop in case something with BodyShop is borkified.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 22, 23:59:30 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: