More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 16:24:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Life Stories Table Edit?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Life Stories Table Edit?  (Read 9857 times)
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
Life Stories Table Edit?
« on: 2007 May 14, 17:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a table that came in the stuffeths from Life Stories that I like for the size and the design, but it has this great big honkin huge vase with flowers in the center. While it looks nice, it's a pain in the tuckus for taking pictures of dinner time conversations. Does anyone know if there's been any edits of the mesh done to remove the big arse flowers?

This is the table I mean:

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Life Stories Table Edit?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 14, 18:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the table called? I don't think I have it.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 14, 19:33:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm staring at this table and... it does not look familiar. Are you sure it's from LS?

Fail.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 14, 19:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's rather nice, except for the fact that the top looks about as substantial as a bit of clingfilm.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 14, 20:45:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do wonder what kind of moron glued the vase to the top. That's just tasteless and  inconsiderate when we have vases and deco items in the game that can be placed on top of tables.

And I'm still not sure what that racoon tail-like thing is on the left side....

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 14, 20:54:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do wonder what kind of moron glued the vase to the top. That's just tasteless and  inconsiderate when we have vases and deco items in the game that can be placed on top of tables.
I dunno, it seems like a reasonable move to me. I mean, if it weren't bolted to the table, someone might steal it. That's why *I* bolt everything to the table, including the paper plates and plastic sporks.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 14, 21:05:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have that file, but I could remove the vase and raccoon tail.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 14, 21:20:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking now it's not Life Stories stuff. I thought it was. Huh. I'll have to figure out where it's from.

I can send you the file if you want, LilBrudder. When I figure out where it's from and where it is in my downloads folder. Smiley

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 14, 23:42:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking now it's not Life Stories stuff. I thought it was. Huh. I'll have to figure out where it's from.

I can send you the file if you want, LilBrudder. When I figure out where it's from and where it is in my downloads folder. Smiley
Celebrations?

I have all the jerked-over LS stuff and I don't have that table.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 14, 23:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah.. I'm not sure why I thought it was from Life Stories. Ever since I put it in that house (which is the first place I've used it), I've assumed it was from LS. I'm guessing now it's cc from somewhere. I'll have to poke around and see if I can figure out where it's from. It's a good table (I like 8 seaters), but that flower arrangement is just annoying.

cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 14, 23:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Celebrations?

I have all the jerked-over LS stuff and I don't have that table.

I have Celebration Stuff and I don't have that table or the chairs. In fact I have all of the stuff packs and I don't have that dining set in any of them. I think the table & chairs set must be CC. Except for the unmoveable vase centerpiece it is lovely.

The "raccoon tail" is really the pull cord for the ceiling light.  Wink
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 15, 03:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "raccoon tail" is really the pull cord for the ceiling light.  Wink

So the ceiling light is also glued to the table?  Shocked

Fail.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 15, 03:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's majick!  Flee!

Orikes, you could probably just upload it here.  I'm sure there are others (all the posters in this thread, for example) who would love to have it.

Do you want me to replace the table, or just make a new flowerless copy?
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 15, 04:23:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A flower-less copy would be wonderful. I don't hate the flower, it's just in the way sometimes. I'll find the file and upload it tonight when I get home from work.

As for the racoon tail... yeah. Stupid light pull danglies. I wish I could get rid of those too. I like those Tiffany style hanging lights, but they get in the way of so many pictures in camera mode.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 15, 06:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge's ceiling light hider might help for photos.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 15, 07:16:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AH-HA! I found it. I must have downloaded it at the same time I got all the life stories stuff, since that's what I associated it with. I'm very glad I started keeping pictures with all my folders to show me what the heck I've got.

It's the Arcadia Dining Room Table by Sim2Luxe. I'm not sure if it's free or I snagged it from PMBD. Either way, I've attached it here.

As for the ceiling lights... I've been considering that, Witch. There are some times when I like the hanging lights in the pictures, but more often than not, it's getting annoying. What I really wish I had is a ceiling. I found something on MTS2 that simulates having a ceiling, but I'm a little leery of giving it a try, since it seems a bit big and wonky. I like the idea of ceilings for pictures, but not for general play. Ah  well.

* S2L_diningtable005Arcadia.rar (305.49 KB - downloaded 177 times.)

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 May 15, 07:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Orikes, you can do a search at MTS2 for something called a "Bottomfull Floor." These are floor tiles that can be seen from the floor below when you use them on the second floor (or right under the roof). You can edit the files to replace the textures with ones you like, or you can look up the tutorial for making these types of floors. The only issue is that they do make the graphics card work harder since it has to render both sides of the floor at once, so slow computers might not do too well with this.

The real ceiling tiles by jgwhiteus work really well, but it's a pain to add them to a large area because you have to do one tile at a time. Other than that they are great. I've had them since they came out.

The reason I would try the bottomful floors rather than the real ceiling tiles is that the floors can be quickly and easily added or removed, while the ceiling tiles have to be done one square at a time.

Fail.
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 May 15, 08:13:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sara I tried searching on mts2 for  Bottomfull Floor and didn't get nuffin.  Sad Sad Sad Sad

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 May 15, 08:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Real Ceiling Tiles were the ones I was looking at. Do you know if these eat up too much of performance? I have a pretty decent machine, but on larger lots with numerous sims, I can experience some performance issues. I don't want to make it so I can't have visitors. Smiley It makes me feel better knowing you say they work well, though, Sara.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 May 15, 08:38:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sara I tried searching on mts2 for  Bottomfull Floor and didn't get nuffin.

Cuz I'm a moron and added an extra "L" where there shouldn't be one.

You can start with these two. There are more on MTS2 and I think TSR too.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=211418
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=215202

The Real Ceiling Tiles were the ones I was looking at. Do you know if these eat up too much of performance? I have a pretty decent machine, but on larger lots with numerous sims, I can experience some performance issues. I don't want to make it so I can't have visitors. Smiley It makes me feel better knowing you say they work well, though, Sara.

I think the real ceiling tiles don't affect performance too much.

Or at least supposedly they're better than the double-sided floors. There's an explanation somewhere in the double-sided floor tutorial for why they can affect performance. Personally, I haven't noticed any slowdowns from using them.

Fail.
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 May 15, 11:57:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the ceiling tiles by jgwhiteus, and I think they're awesome - they can be flipped up and down, so they are visible from below but not from above. Very handy indeed. I have not seen any effects on performance (with my 1.2gb RAM).

They can be found here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=42789

ETA: I don't know if these were the ones you were talking about, but they need to be place one at a time, too. It's a pain, but it's worth it.

Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 May 15, 17:50:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to give them a try. I'm assuming there's no conflict with Seasons, since no one has said anything.

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 May 16, 02:59:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Orikes, if you want, post the lamp too.

Then I can kill two birds with one stone.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 May 16, 05:09:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's actually the ceiling lamp that's in the base game, Lil'Brudder. I wouldn't have the first clue how to extract it and post it for modification. It's the one that comes in greens and golds. It has a matching wall lamp too. I can try and find a picture of it later.

By the way, Sara and everyone, I downloaded the ceiling tiles by jgwhiteus and I'm absolutely in love with them. It's a pain to have to put them in one at a time, but they're absolutely lovely in game. This will make my pictures so much better. no more ugly sky if I want to do an up angled shot.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2007 May 16, 09:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use those lamps all the time, and I've never seen a 'tail' hanging off of them. Are you sure it's not a custom lamp?

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: