More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 06:41:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The eternal search...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The eternal search...  (Read 31851 times)
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
Re: The eternal search...
« Reply #25 on: 2007 May 16, 11:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Hairy "Warlokk compatible" Louis skins from Jwilson5 on SexySims2 and SpookyMuffin's default zombie replacement from the same site. Jwilson5 has since added a new default plantsim skin, so I shall be replacing that today. In addition I have the geneticised Enlaya skins courtesy of dewshine (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7230.0.html). I also use replacement pollination technicians and a replacement 'daddy' plantsim from MTS2 to avoid offspring having butt ugly meshes to drape my pretty replacement default skins across.

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 May 16, 20:58:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im between defaults atm. What ive always wanted and never managed to find is a default set ranging from realy pail to quite dark ... 1 bellow the maxis S1 and 1 above the maxis s4.

actually does anyone KNOW of anything like the 6 range defaults?

I don't think that's possible?  I mean, Maxis gave us 4 default slots and I don't think you can fiddle that.

However, if you were SimPE-literate you could make a default S1 that was very pale, and a very dark S4, then put two more skins wherever you like between the default values.  If you make the skins NPC-available, then new townies would spawn with them, as well as b-i-g playables.  That link that eevilcat provided in the post above provides some Enayla skins geneticised in this way.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 May 17, 00:20:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish maxis/ea had given us more skintones (that we could then replace) and more eye colors (for us to replace too)

I have default replacements for all the skintones, all of them were originally done by Enayla but most of them have now been edited. most weren't even done as default replacements originally.
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 May 17, 06:40:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish maxis/ea had given us more skintones (that we could then replace) and more eye colors (for us to replace too)

That's why Alkaloid's "townie-friendly" eyes are among my favorite downloads.  Townies, NPC's, and random CAS sims will all generate with these eyes, you can have as many as you like, and the files are the size of normal eye files instead of the size of default eyes.

I'm also on the "eternal search" for new and better skintones.  I like Louis' defaults better than any others I've tried.  Otherwise, my skintone collection includes a few of Enayla's pixies, a few Oepu skins, a couple of Helaene's, a couple of Lastrie's "glam" set (which I like much more in game than I thought I would,) a couple of Barcelonista's, and one of Hysterical Paroxysm's.  Maybe a couple other miscellaneous ones I've forgotten.  I like some variety in skintones, but I really dislike the ones that make sims (especially the males) look like they are wearing make-up when they aren't.  All the non-default ones are geneticized at either .20, .45, or .75, depending on how dark they are, so that every skintone has an equal opportunity of turning up on a new baby sim. 

I really liked Navetsea's skins, but I had an odd issue a while back where sims would occasionally go corrupt and I'd have to flag them as dead in SIMpe to be able to play their homes again.  I realized at some point that the two things these corrupt sims had in common were that they were teens, and they were using Navetsea skintones. I deleted the skintones and never have had the problem since.  Coincidence? Maybe, probably.  I've never heard of anyone else having a problem with the skintones, so I dunno.  I suppose it could have been because those skintones are really big files, and my computer is something of a dinosaur.  Just one of those mysterious things, I guess.
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 May 17, 13:30:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still use navetsea's, i like the body, but I find the face off-coloured. And the skintones a tad similar.
I've realised I've lost my replacement pollination technician, since I didn't have a special default folder at the time. Which one do you use?
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 May 17, 13:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes I feel really woefully ignorant.  I've never seen any documentation for Body Shop, so I had no idea that you could set up skins or eyes that would generate randomly, rather than only if you specifically selected them.  Thus I only have robot skins for more variety in the appearance of Servos, and some replacement default skins.

One thing I find myself wishing for is some what to turn off the random selection of certain hairstyles.  There are townies and NPCs who have hair that I absolutely hate, and getting them in range of hacked object that will let me change them usually isn't convenient.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 May 17, 13:42:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't in bodyshop. Bodyshop is far too limited.
But you can make eyes or a skin in it, and then geneticize it with SimPE.
I've done so for all my (Gunmod's) eyes.
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 May 17, 14:02:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Spookymuffin's wonderful defaults.  There are all Maxis skintones, plus chocolate, bronze, and extra dark.  There are zombie, alien and werewolf default replacements, as well.  They all have nipples and pubes, thank God.  I have the blur disabled because it pixellates them from head to knee, and that just bugs me.  Barbie bodies are vaguely disturbing.

I'm really hoping that she does a plantsim replacement!
rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2007 May 17, 15:29:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

iIm also a huge fan of alkaloid's eyes. I just wish that eye color was available for turn ons/offs.

MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

"And we don't want any of that nonsense, do we?"

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 May 17, 15:54:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Navetseas' defaults and I like them a lot, the only thing I would change is the faces, they are a little too pale. I am happy with maxis choice of face types when I choose them but I am not so keen on my defaults giving me a custom type face; but whatever, until I learn to do it myself I am happy to use these and other skins and am very grateful that the creators share.

I use these by Knightskykyte Non-shiny and better colour than Maxis. My only gripe is the elders have smooth-skinned faces, but I usually put wrinkles on them to combat this.

After reading the very annoying rant from the creator of those, I'm going to put nipples and hair on them just to spite him!   Cheesy

I'm with you on that one. Jeez.

As for Knightskykyte? Wow! We can put tattoos and scars on them but not nipples and pubic hair? How strangely deranged…the men have nipples? To me tattoos and scars are urghhh!! But nipples and hair are what we are born with. And surely nipples on females and hair could be classed as ‘changes in skin tone? (As are piercing and male body hair which are allowed in abundance?)  Come on, they aren't real after all. Tongue

A definition of loafing is; when you can't be bothered to open the curtains so you click the Glastonbury festival web cam to check the weather…

O môr henion i dhû:
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 May 17, 16:10:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still use navetsea's, i like the body, but I find the face off-coloured. And the skintones a tad similar.
I've realised I've lost my replacement pollination technician, since I didn't have a special default folder at the time. Which one do you use?
I use the multi-pollination tech hacky-poo from MTS2 (4 daddies): http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=71852
There's an expanded (8 daddies) type here that I haven't tried: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=79039

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 May 17, 16:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I forgot all about the eyes, I've got Alkaloid's geneticised eyes in game, but for default replacements I use Amun-RA's v7.5 eyes from Insim:
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=21918
I think the alien eyes are the best I've seen.

Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 May 17, 19:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was using lastrie's skins for awhile, but I got pretty tired of all of my Sims having the same birth marks. The tan and olive skintones are a bit hard to tell apart as well. Aside from that, though, the skin is very nice. It doesn't look like plastic like other skins do. It's a shame that the males don't have any body hair; I was trying to find an overlay to put some of my own on, but couldn't.

For eye defaults, I'm currently using Lyran's. Then again, I have all of her eyes, and pretty much only her eyes, downloaded.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 May 17, 19:27:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a set of defaults I like..reasonably normal looking, slightly less ashen colorations, some body hair and nipples. I have NO idea who made them, however...the file names are 'mydefaultnudesmale' and 'mydefaultnudesfemale'. If anyone can identify...that would be cool.

I think that these are the same ones that I use in my game. I made myself a readme with a link when they were moved off of MTS2, so I just happened to have the link readily available.

http://www.sexysims2.com/showthread.php?t=71168

Actually, I think you are using the newer skins that are linked to in this thread.

I especially like these because there is no problem with the alien eyes that some skins have. If a child is born with alien eyes, they will retain them throughout their lifetime. If born with regular eyes, then the regular eyes remain. Some skins have problems with the alien eyes turning normal during teen years.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 17, 19:41:07 by magicmoon » Logged

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2007 May 17, 19:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks to everyone that included links ... I've been using Helene's but may be willing to switch if I can find the right skin. Cool

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2007 May 17, 23:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have yet to find anything that looked as good on as large a number of Sims as Louis's skintones, and since Louis herself made tones suitable for aliens and zombies that someone also adapted for defaults, and there's a lovely plantsim recolor as well, I figured I'd never replace them. Well, today I did -- with Nihilin's excellent edits of Louis's skintones that remove the painted-on eyebrows and the belly rings! (I had just picked up a promising set of default eyebrows and was bemoaning the painted ones, and someone hooked me up.) All I need now are some suitable werewolf replacements. (I've used Laverwinkle's Vampire Paste and am now testing out something or other by Enayla for a vamp default -- doesn't have to match perfectly since it's just a layer, although I suppose I could probably have made a Louis-styled vamp replacement if I wanted to, by lightening her Pale tone and editing the default package.)

I'm actually nearly as crazy about Helaene's 1/12 skintones -- which don't seem to be on her site anymore -- but I've never seen defaults of those, and they're so different from Louis's skins that I could never replace the one with the other; if I were going to use them, I'd make a new Windows login, or at least use them in just one 'hood and swap them out.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2007 May 18, 00:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was using lastrie's skins for awhile, but I got pretty tired of all of my Sims having the same birth marks...It's a shame that the males don't have any body hair; I was trying to find an overlay to put some of my own on, but couldn't.

Find AllenABQ's transparencies here:
http://www.insimadult.net/showthread.php?t=23288
(must be 18 or older, registration required.)

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2007 May 18, 06:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a default vampire replacement on MTS2 that just makes whatever skintone your sim already has a bit paler. It comes in red-eye and non-red-eye varieties. I find this quite useful for my custom sims that I've worked so hard on.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 May 18, 18:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have over 100 (yes, really) skins in my game. Anything in a color that a human could have has been geneticised (my range is from 0.001 to 0.999). Blues, greens, and other fun colors I've left as "custom" so that my light/dark couples don't end up with an orange child.

I have every one of Lyran's, Sandy's (Around the Sims2), and Enayla's skins except for the latter's default replacements, and various others that I found at MTS2. I have every one of Genensims "normal", many of the "variant", and a few "deviant" skins. Oh, and a few from Obsidian and Sapphire Sims as well.
I have also left in the four from MaxisEA.

My sims come in all sorts: some are greyish, some yellowish, some shiny, some cartoony. I also keep the "fugly" townies.
I like the variety.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 May 18, 23:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happens if two skins have the same genetic value? I would like to make slightly hairy versions of all the Lyran skins (which I have as defaults and made genetic). Would it work if I put these to have the same genetic value as the non-hairy skins of the same colour, so whether the sim had visible body hair or not would be just half-half chance?
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 May 19, 00:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, exactly.

I have several skins at the same value, even some at the same value as default (but only a single truly default skin).  So, in my game even two townies with the same default skintone can have spawn which are slightly different from the parents and from their siblings.
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 May 19, 13:29:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really hoping that she does a plantsim replacement!

Done Wink http://www.insimadult.net/showthread.php?p=375713#post375713

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
blackvelvet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 May 19, 18:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I adore the Dark default I have which I think is by Ren(?) A non-barbie skin that is neither shiny nor ashen as I've found the majority of Black skins to be.  Not sure how I got them, (I have Pale as well, but don't use because it's too shiny for me) as when I went looking for the rest I had to join a paysite which I don't do.
i have only realised via this thread that I can mix and match default skins, so thanks for that. I know I'll have an easier time finding some Tan thru to Pale skins that I like, than I did with the Black.
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 May 20, 06:47:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happens if two skins have the same genetic value?

All mine are at .20, .45, or .75, so that they all have an equal shot at appearing, and so that I have to put no thought whatsoever into what number to assign them.  Seems to work fine and pleases the lazy streak in me.
Mens Mortuus
Blathering Buffoon

Reaper haz ur plumbbob

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 May 20, 08:05:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do the opposite Smiley I try to make sure that the values are different (o.21, 0.22, etc) because it's a bit of excitement trying to see what kind of skin the kid got. I'm a skintone junkie, and it usually happens that even in a three to four member family, they each have skins by separate creators. It really helps in making sims look distinctive and unique.

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: