More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 14:30:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  no weeds at all?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: no weeds at all?  (Read 3869 times)
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
no weeds at all?
« on: 2007 May 13, 11:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Smiley

I'm just checking to see if this is what is supposed to happen or if my lot is buggy.

I made a greenhouse & put in one ladybug thing. Set out 24 plots, composted them & planted 4 of each kind of vegi. Everything went fine - absolutely no bugs, very little talking but the weird thing is I never got any weeds at all through the whole season.  About the only thing I needed to do was water them.

Is this normal? I seem to remember weeds in a prior greenhouse, but, those sims didn't have gold badges & these sims do. I'm getting weeds on other lots that don't have a greenhouse (can't afford it yet).

Any thoughts? I want the weeds so the kids can buikld up gardening badges.

Morague
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: no weeds at all?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 13, 12:31:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado's Indoor Plant Fixes will prevent weeds from spawning inside a greenhouse.  Weeds will still spawn outside.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 13, 12:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, what I tend to do is have a patch outside for about 9 plants, and I also have a greenhouse with about 12 in.  The one outside is really for earning the badges and filling the fridge and indoors is to keep the shop stocked. I have sprinklers in my greenhouse, but no ladybug houses. I keep those for outside.

purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 13, 15:51:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need ladybug houses in a green house. You won't get bugs in there. I've never had weeds in a greenhouse..even with a broken sprinkler.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 13, 18:13:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before the patch, plants inside a greenhouse could get overwatered. I don't remember if they also got weeds.  I believe they did.

Since I got Pescado's hack, there haven't been any weeds in the greenhouse at all.

My typical gardens are 10 outdoor plots for a single family, or 40 greenhouse plots for someone growing food to sell.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 13, 22:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah - so that's the culprit.

I also just figured out that something is preventing my sims from becoming Plantsims. I have been trying & trying & trying for ages & not once did I get one. Then investigating (I think it's Macrotastics) I discovered that it's set up to prevent this from happening.

I know I can just use the FFS debugger to do it but that takes all of the fun & surprise out of it.

Thanks Smiley

Morague
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 14, 10:33:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I had a macrotastic gardener turn plantsim.  I wasn't keeping an eye on him at the time so I'm not sure.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 14, 10:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I had a macrotastic gardener turn plantsim.  I wasn't keeping an eye on him at the time so I'm not sure.
Macrotastics will not take actions that turn a playable sim into a plantsim. However, NPC gardeners spray, and this can turn them into plants, as will townies and other nonplayables. A playable adult/elder will not be ordered to spray a plant unless he is a plantsim or robot. Child/teen/YAs are immune to plantsimism and therefore can safely spray.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 14, 11:02:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plantsimism falls firmly into EA/Maxis sadorandom code-base. If you want it, it ain't agonna happen.

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 14, 11:25:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, plantsimism is an artifact of spraying, not weeding. And you never got bugs inside a greenhouse, even under default Maxis. Indoorplantfix greatly reduces weeds-in-greenhouses for realism: Who exactly plants all these weeds again? It's still possible to get them, but they're much less likely and require that YOU do something to promote this sort of problem.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: