More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 14:21:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Deleting sims ?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Deleting sims ?  (Read 3585 times)
BitterStar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Deleting sims ?
« on: 2007 September 17, 18:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi ya

I had a problem before but it's now fixed but I have a new problem.

When I go on vacation, when I try to exit a lot to go back to my hotel, my sim deletes itself (not visible but from my sim list) and I can't get it back .... any ideas what it could be ?    Undecided 

Kiss
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Deleting sims ?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 17, 19:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I go on vacation, when I try to exit a lot to go back to my hotel, my sim deletes itself (not visible but from my sim list) and I can't get it back .... any ideas what it could be ?

This is most likely due to being "oldversioned" (not current version of hacks) or the work of the nonawesome (having nonawesome hacks which conflict with the game or with awesome hacks).

Remove all hacks/mods from your downloads folder and run vanilla game.  Test your sims on vacation.  If your problem clears up, it's due to a hack conflict.

Get Pescado's director's cut - latest awesome hacks and add the ones from there that you want.  Under the Armory thread there is a description of all hacks.  Make sure you get the latest versions of hacks that are updated for BV.  Test again.

Add nonawesome hacks at your own risk, especially if not updated or declared "clean" for BV.  Add these one at a time and test after each to make sure problems do not return.

Tribulatio proxima est
BitterStar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 17, 19:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there such a program where I can remove or check all hacks at once ? I have so many and im not sure what folder there in, I have many folders (arranged by date) in my downloads folder .... ARGH !!! Lol Cheesy
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 17, 19:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get the Clean Installer off MTS2 (www.modthesims2.com) -- it'll scan your whole downloads folder and highlight just about all the hacks and mods in red.

(and then you can use it to re-organize your downloads folder into something more sensible, like putting all the hacks by the same creator together, all clothes together, etc. Smiley )

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 17, 19:56:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there such a program where I can remove or check all hacks at once ? I have so many and im not sure what folder there in, I have many folders (arranged by date) in my downloads folder .... ARGH !!!

This may be part of your problem.  As jsalemi noted, Clean Installer will check for hack conflicts.  However, if you have a lot of old non-BV stuff, it may highlight pretty much everything in red anyway.

If this is the case, I would remove ALL your hacks from all sub-folders in your downloads folder (note: hacks and mods, not clothing.  If you remove clothing, when you test your hood, your sims will lose any custom clothing they might have in their wardrobes).  You do not need a special program to remove hacks - simply move them out of your downloads directory using Windows Explorer (you can put them in a temp directory if you like or back them up somewhere).

Do not add back in any of your hacks or mods that date from before September 2007 - these will likely NOT be compatible with BV and have the potential to screw up your game.

DO get the latest updated hacks from here - look in:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/index.php?dir=bv%2Fhacks%2F

Add in any others from other sites carefully, but check those sites to ensure you get the latest BV compatible version, or avoid them altogether.  If you continue to play with non-BV hacks installed, you will continue to experience problems.

Tribulatio proxima est
BitterStar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 17, 20:19:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you both sooooo much  Grin Wink Grin Cheesy

Both very helpful !

All my hacks were red and I've now moved them into a separate folder that's removed from the downloads folder Cheesy nOW, All I gotta do is test it .... fingers crossed !!!
BitterStar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 18, 00:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks again to both of you .... It worked !!!  Grin
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 01, 07:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just an FYI: The Clean Installer does not actually detect hack conflicts -- it merely tells you that you have hacks in your game, as well as duplicate files, which are displayed in pink. To find duplicate hacks, sort the results by MD5 and then look for lumps of two or more of the files that are displayed in red. The MD5 filter places files with the same GUID next to each other, and thus will allow you to remove one or the other of them. Personally, I remove the one with the older timestamp, as the newer one is likely to be the most recently updated of the two.

To find hack conflicts, download the Hack Conflict Detection Utility from simwardrobe.com.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: