More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 19:31:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Mutual quiet divorce without trashing the relationship?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Mutual quiet divorce without trashing the relationship?  (Read 9017 times)
Pamhamlet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Mutual quiet divorce without trashing the relationship?
« on: 2007 May 10, 04:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a hack which allows two Sims to get a divorce quietly by mutual consent without one or the other actually making a big ugly mess of the relationship by having an affair in front of each other?  I have a few Sim couples that are married and aren't really attracted to each other and I'd like to get them married off to other Sims to which they really ARE attracted.  However, I'd like these Sims to stay friends and not go through the furious state.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: Mutual quiet divorce without trashing the relationship?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 10, 04:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge has something like that, I think.

Fail.
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 10, 09:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you can't find a good hack for it, death does a good job severing relationships.  Killing one of the parties and resurrecting them will terminate marriage while leaving the relationship intact.  They might still be in love, so there might be jealousy issues later, but at least "'till death do us part" will leave them open for other people.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 10, 09:52:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cue the macro, I'm about to give kitten killing advice.

Inteen does cover this, and quite nicely too. You have the option to break up a lot earlier than you would normally with sims and you don't need to destroy a relationship to do it. I've seen the option in the seasons incarnation of inteen on sims with a daily relationship of 80, and a lifetime of about 50.

There are other hacks that take care of that, though I don't personally know what they are. If you are ONLY looking for the divorce thing, and not the other many functions of the hack, I would strongly recommend against inteen as it requires concentration to install correctly, & even a seasoned user can stuff it up if they aren't paying attention to what they are doing.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 10, 11:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strawberry juice fixes problems with furiousness.  Besides, it's often nice to have someone kicking over your trash can frequently and providing you with material for the compost bin.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 10, 13:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use this mod, I'm not sure if we're allowed to post this link but I'll try, the mod works fine and I'm not sure if there is an equivalent one found here at MATY.

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=14851

Also, I use this hack with the BreakUp hack:

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=7019

I always take out the Break Up hack after I've broken up my sims, it's kind of dangerous to leave in the game, in case you accidentally click on it with a couple you don't want to break up!

(If these links are deleted, PM me.)

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 10, 13:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think this forum has any restrctions about that kind of stuff.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 10, 13:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always used SimPE for that.  Open the Sim browser or Sim description for one of the sims in the relationship, click on the "relations" tab.  Scroll down the list of sims with which your sim has a relationship until you find their spouse/partner.  At the right hand side of the screen there will be two sets of bars:   x's relationship to y, and y's relationship to x.  Don't move the bars if you want to preserve the friendship, best friend, etc status.  Look at the check boxes under each set of bars and uncheck the  love, crush, steady, married, family, etc. buttons.

When you are done, only "friend", "buddy", and "known" should be checked.  Then click on the commit button and do a file+save.  When you go back into your game, your sims will still be living in the same house, but will no longer be married or in love.  They will just be best friends (I'm assuming if they are currently married, that they are best friends - any married sim I had was best friends with their spouse).

Care should be taken at this stage not to let them flirt with each other, hug, or gods forbid, kiss, or the whole crush/love thing will rear its ugly head again.

Tribulatio proxima est
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 10, 15:54:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds alike a very bad idea to me.
If nothing else, it would greatly bother me to have (to use a HTML expression) open tags like that.  If my sims have a memory of being married, I couldn't have them move on without also having a memory of the break up.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 10, 17:11:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If nothing else, it would greatly bother me to have (to use a HTML expression) open tags like that.  If my sims have a memory of being married, I couldn't have them move on without also having a memory of the break up.

Certainly a point, showing my inherent non-awesomeness.  It may be that one just has to do the breakup and live through the bad memories temporarily, although I suppose one could use debug mode and adjust relationship bars to make it easier for the former couple to be friends again.

Tribulatio proxima est
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 10, 19:30:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you time it right, the Seasons relationship bonuses might make it quicker, too.

Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 11, 03:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should be able to delete the marriage memory or add a break up memory in SimPe right after that.

I guess the only problem with that would then be if there's an issue that would fubar the game in modifying memories like that.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 11, 09:57:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's where Insim comes in handy - I don't understand why people'd rather exit the game and use simPE than use an in-game sim editor. Set the relationship low enough, break them up so they have the memory if you want it (if you don't just set them to not-married and skip the breakup), then set the relationship back to friends. Easy and as fast as you want it to be.

Unsouper
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 11, 15:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I don't cheat.  I could stretch as far as using debugmode to lower a couple's relationship enought to allow a breakup, but for me it is unthinkable to undo a marriage.  If they were ever married in the first place they either have to get a divorce, or one of them has to die.
I don't touch insim with a ten foot pole.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 11, 16:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's very special and nice for you, but the original poster asked for a hack. Specifically one that will handle a relationship in a different way than the base game code.

Personally I think if there's an idea one can 'cheat' when playing dollhouse, something's a little weird somewhere anyways. If I want the "game" to be harder - I don't use the stupid way-too-easy stuff provided IN the game. Plantsims, energizers and those silly flowers and whatnot cause as much imbalance as anything I can think to do with insim.

But I like stories. I'm not trying to 'score' (in any sense of the term).
« Last Edit: 2007 May 11, 20:58:45 by sagana » Logged

Unsouper
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 11, 19:50:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cue the macro, I'm about to give kitten killing advice.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Jack Rudd
Grammar Police

Grammar Militia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 May 12, 11:53:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twice West of England chess champion
FIDE rating 2328
Official MATY Predictable Puellile Poser
In Memoriam: WFM Jessie Gilbert, 1987-2006
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 May 12, 12:12:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It took you how many days to find that macro & post it? Sheesh, slow down grampa, you'll give yoruself a hernia!

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 May 12, 16:35:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It took you how many days to find that macro & post it? Sheesh, slow down grampa, you'll give yoruself a hernia!

Hey, it was only about a day and a half, and I was traveling most of the 10th... Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 May 15, 01:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge has something like that, I think.

Yes, it is called Easier Breakup, and comes in both autonomous and non-autonomous flavours. It allows a sim to break up with another sim via the second sim's pie menu, regardless of relationship status. Just do a search at insimenator.net or look through Squinge's forum there.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Pamhamlet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 May 22, 18:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you everyone.  And thank you NotVeryAwesome, you are quite...well, awesome for giving me that info.  I will look into that "Easy breakup" thingy.  Yay.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: