More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 18:03:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Life Stories Neighborhoods, Safe to use in TS2?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Life Stories Neighborhoods, Safe to use in TS2?  (Read 8895 times)
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Life Stories Neighborhoods, Safe to use in TS2?
« on: 2007 May 09, 20:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if it would be safe to use the 2 lifestory neighborhoods in TS2.  What I did was, play both stories to get them to freeplay mode, I then used deleteallcharacters on the hoods, and then deleted all the houses from the hoods. Will it be safe to transfer them over to Sims 2 as subhoods using the "Merging neighborhoods" tutorial?
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Life Stories Neighborhoods, Safe to use in TS2?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 09, 21:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd imagine that you'd need the content in Life Stories that wasn't in TS2, but aside from that, I really don't know.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 10, 04:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a tutorial somewhere about moving the neighborhoods into TS2, but what the heck would you want to move them for if you've deleted all the sims and the houses?

I mean, you've basically just made completely empty terrains, right? Why not just grab the terrain files out of the SC4 Terrains folder?

It is safe to move them, although you need both NL and OFB installed, otherwise you will most likely get crashes... although maybe with completely empty neighborhoods you won't. Also, you'd need to go into SimPE and purge all the dangling SWAFs and other crap left over from the deleteallcharacters.

If you really want a tutorial, do a search for my username and Life Stories or something like that.

Fail.
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 10, 05:27:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but what the heck would you want to move them for if you've deleted all the sims and the houses?
I was mainly thinking that removing all the sims and houses would reduce the chance of any serious problems when running the hoods in Sims 2.

I mean, you've basically just made completely empty terrains, right? Why not just grab the terrain files out of the SC4 Terrains folder?
That's actually the problem LOL, for some strange reason EA included 3 versions of the Riley's story Four Corners hood terrain and thats all, no other terrain files are there. There is no terrain file for Vincent's Bitville hood.  I also like the idea of the hood having all the existing hood decorations.

I had a feeling I was missing something and it was deleting the SWAF's etc that you mentioned.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 10, 05:36:19 by Kralore » Logged
Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

This post not officially sanctioned

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 10, 11:59:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you've got SimPE, why not just use terrain surgery?

"Curse that alpha turkey, rohina! She will get her comeuppance next Grammar Day-- I will make sure of it!"
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 10, 15:32:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's actually the problem LOL, for some strange reason EA included 3 versions of the Riley's story Four Corners hood terrain and thats all, no other terrain files are there. There is no terrain file for Vincent's Bitville hood.  I also like the idea of the hood having all the existing hood decorations.

I had a feeling I was missing something and it was deleting the SWAF's etc that you mentioned.
That doesn't make sense. The hood can't exist without the terrain file, I believe. Can you list which files you see?

*resolves to acquire Life Stories soon*

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 10, 16:25:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Gwill notices the use of the term "acquire"

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 10, 18:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you've got SimPE, why not just use terrain surgery?

I don't believe there is an actual "Terrain Surgery" tool similar to the "Sim Surgery" tool.  Simpe does let you edit the NHTR values to change things in an exsisting hood though.  One thing I might try is to create an empty custom hood in Sims 2, Export the NHTR and NHTG resources from the Lifestories hoods and import them into the empty custom Sims 2 hood and see what I get.

That doesn't make sense. The hood can't exist without the terrain file, I believe. Can you list which files you see?
*resolves to acquire Life Stories soon*

The sc4 terrain files are used one time only and that's when a neighborhood is generated from them. Once the hood is generated those sc4 files are no longer used or needed.

Sims 2 and Lifestories don't actually use sc4 terrain files when they put the pre-made hoods in your game (Pleasantview, Strangetown etc). The hoods are already generated from the sc4 files on the install cd/dvd.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 11, 01:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a tutorial in the War Room on how to do neighbourhood terrain surgery using SimPE.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

This post not officially sanctioned

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 11, 06:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a tutorial in the War Room on how to do neighbourhood terrain surgery using SimPE.
Thanks Kyna. I did a search for terrain surgery and got zero results which puzzled me as I have done it several times using that tutorial.

"Curse that alpha turkey, rohina! She will get her comeuppance next Grammar Day-- I will make sure of it!"
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 11, 15:37:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Gwill notices the use of the term "acquire"
Ah, original included no quotes, hence EALink got a little action from me last night, though I did do the whole cracked .exe thing again. I only would "acquire" a SP, and so far none have had any actual content to make me even want to do that.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 11, 16:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link,  I'm going to try a couple different methods of getting lifestories hoods into Sims 2 and see how they run.
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 12, 22:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes it's absolutely safe.All you need is deleteallcharacters in Life Stories - Free Play Hood and then put N002 folder from LS to TS2.
I started playing more then month ago with N002 hood in TS2 and only problem is walls and floors in LS houses that I needed to
replace.
P.S. And of course before deleteallcharacters in LS you must move out all sims from their houses to hood family bin. Smiley
« Last Edit: 2007 May 12, 22:55:11 by Alexx » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: