More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 10:03:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  WTF? Single Townie ≠ Empty 'Hood.. *RESOLVED*
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: WTF? Single Townie ≠ Empty 'Hood.. *RESOLVED*  (Read 4228 times)
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
WTF? Single Townie ≠ Empty 'Hood.. *RESOLVED*
« on: 2007 June 13, 07:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted this as a reply on one of the "clean template" tutorials in Peasantry, but I realized it may have nothing to do with the tutorial. I seem to have a townie where I shouldn't..

I've done a clean custom 'hood.. doublechecked the Character Files folder to be sure it REALLY WAS empty..
When I was sure, I added one CAS sim (Agnes Nutter) and went to check the Character Files via SimPE... and there's TWO sims listed. Agnes Nutter and some bartender chick. I thought it was odd, opened the Character Files folder in MyDocs/etc.. sure enough, there's TWO files there.

Am I safe to delete Random Bartender? Agnes hasn't left the Sim Bin, so I'm not sure why the game chose to create a bartender.

Edited to update the name, since I got the answer I needed and am now trying to fix it.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 13, 10:03:41 by Strangel » Logged

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: WTF? Single Townie ≠ Empty 'Hood..
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 13, 07:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who knows? Did you visit any community lots, perhaps with a bar? Yes, it's safe to Deleted 2 any NPC.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 13, 07:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who knows? Did you visit any community lots, perhaps with a bar? Yes, it's safe to Deleted 2 any NPC.

Haven't played the 'hood at all, yet.. One of the tutorials suggests you re-check via eyeball that you have only one file in Character Files, I was already opening SimPE, so I figured I'd eyeball in there.

I booted up, opened the 'hood, opened CAS, made Agnes, 'saved' her, CAS closed and the 'hood with Agnes in the sim bin was displayed, I quit the game and went on about my business.

I'd bleat at you, but I know ya hates it. Now I'm off to Deleted 2 miss Random Bartender.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 13, 08:00:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't happen to have a silly CAS replacement screen with a bar in it, do you?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 13, 08:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you add a community lot with a bar?  Sometimes when I add community lots the game will create required NPCs if I don't already have the appropriate NPC.  I've had disc jockeys, cashiers and baristas added to my hood this way.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 13, 08:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you add a community lot with a bar?  Sometimes when I add community lots the game will create required NPCs if I don't already have the appropriate NPC.  I've had disc jockeys, cashiers and baristas added to my hood this way.

....come to think of it..
DAMN. I did. I added starrling's comm lots and I DO remember when I went in to check out one of them, there was an npc standing at the bar - in BUILD mode, mind you. That right there should have set off the warning bells, but I've never gone into a comm lot that had a bar IN build mode before, so I didn't think anything of it.

You don't happen to have a silly CAS replacement screen with a bar in it, do you?

Pff. I don't believe in silly CAS replacement screens. They take up my space and I've seen the threads about such things as wolves showing up there. Do Not Want.  Wink

Actually.. I just took a look at Deleted 2, I got started on deleting (did the in-game end of it) and got promptly and TOTALLY lost. Anyone out there willing to help..?

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: WTF? Single Townie ≠ Empty 'Hood.. (Deleted 2 Help Needed!)
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 13, 09:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also had bartenders and baristas appear in buy mode on community lots.  I've had to use move objects on to delete them in order to move their associated furniture, and that results in "insufficient funds" warnings when truing to keep on building, and I have to start motherloding.  But I don't notice any ill effects once I start playing lots, but I suspect Pescado will yell VBT!

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 13, 09:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, apparently I did something REALLY WRONG in trying to follow Deleted 2's instructions without understanding them..

I opened Agnes' lot, she's not only fully in the red aspirationally (where she wasn't before) but she has NO aspiration whatsoever. So. I'm cloning her and wiping out this 'hood. Dammit.
...and SimPE says she's an Adult Male. She's in actuality an Elder Female.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 13, 09:59:12 by Strangel » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 13, 10:01:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also had bartenders and baristas appear in buy mode on community lots.  I've had to use move objects on to delete them in order to move their associated furniture, and that results in "insufficient funds" warnings when truing to keep on building, and I have to start motherloding.  But I don't notice any ill effects once I start playing lots, but I suspect Pescado will yell VBT!
Nah, that sounds like a harmless nuisance.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Re: WTF? Single Townie ≠ Empty 'Hood.. *RESOLVED*
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 13, 12:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I want to know is, are you going to post stories about your Good Omens 'hood somewhere? Wink

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
Re: WTF? Single Townie ≠ Empty 'Hood.. *RESOLVED*
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 13, 20:13:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL Eventually. If I ever actually get the neighborhood made.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: