More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 22:34:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  The Compressorizer! Mass DBPF Compressing Program
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Compressorizer! Mass DBPF Compressing Program  (Read 131515 times)
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
Re: The Compressorizer! Mass DBPF Compressing Program
« Reply #150 on: 2007 July 18, 18:34:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TashaYarrr,
{snip...first post}
Re-read the first post. Then head to jfade's site and read all the info there. Everything you need should be in those two places.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2007 July 19, 23:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tasha.
You'll read all that to learn that some folks compressed all their files and some folks did just their saved game files and some did just their downloads files. There was a variety of results ranging from some games load faster, some load slower. Most people had no problems with crashing. I'd say just about everyone was very happy with it and I don't say all were because I'm not sure--but maybe they were all happy with it! The program is great. I did just my DLs. I tried the others but they seemed to be compressed as is so I by passed that part. It shaved off 2 gigs! I load in about three minutes now.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2008 July 06, 12:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering:

I remember reading through this before, and thought i read something about a problem with re-categorizing objects after compressorizing, but cant find it this time.

Has anybody mentioned anything about this?
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2008 July 06, 13:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. And if you are using SimWardrobe's categorizer, then the algorithms are not compatible and it will not find your compressed downloads (not that I've ever actuaully tried it--second-hand knowledge for the win!). Better recategorize with that tool before compressing. You can still use SimPE, though.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2008 July 06, 17:10:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay thanks.

i just compressorized my 5 gig downloads folder after deleting my cache files, and it added 4 minutes onto the total load time.
replaced it with my old non-compressorized (trying saying that when you're drunk!)] folder and its back down to nine minutes..
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: 2008 July 06, 18:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. And if you are using SimWardrobe's categorizer, then the algorithms are not compatible and it will not find your compressed downloads (not that I've ever actuaully tried it--second-hand knowledge for the win!).

Not strictly true--Categorizer finds most of my compressorized files, though it does appear to miss a few.

okay thanks.

i just compressorized my 5 gig downloads folder after deleting my cache files, and it added 4 minutes onto the total load time.  replaced it with my old non-compressorized (trying saying that when you're drunk!)] folder and its back down to nine minutes..

Deleting the cache files will also slow things down the first time you run the game afterward, since it needs to rebuild the cache.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2008 July 06, 23:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting the cache files will also slow things down the first time you run the game afterward, since it needs to rebuild the cache.
[/quote]

yeah i suspected that, however i tried it 3 times after, and it was still taking ages the third time Huh
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: 2008 July 09, 16:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah i suspected that, however i tried it 3 times after, and it was still taking ages the third time Huh
Simply put: Your results may vary.

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2008 July 12, 20:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, just a quick heads up:
second time i've compressorized my 7 gig sims 2 folder, and the desktop-to-lot loadtime went from 9 1/2 minutes to 14 and a 1/2.
same as last time couple weeks ago.

strange. kudos anyhow to you jfade, it seems to just clash against something in my setup i suppose.

i wonder if the people having longer load times could have something in common, such as what type of OS they run, or perhaps even how you sub-directory your downloads? Or will it be 'just one of those things?'
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: