More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 07:40:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Playing as if later EPs not installed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Playing as if later EPs not installed  (Read 7117 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Playing as if later EPs not installed
« on: 2007 May 05, 08:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am *sure* I have seen threads dealing with this, but I cannot think up a good search string to look for them.   I want to know if there is a way I can play my game as if I didn't have EPs, say later than Uni installed.  Obviously I would have to log in as another account and start with fresh hoods due to the way the EPs update the hoods when you install them.  But how to pretend the other EPs are not installed.  I just want to test if a hack I made will work with other games.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Playing as if later EPs not installed
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 05, 09:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recall Numenor had something for this on MTS2, but I wouldn't know if it works.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 05, 09:18:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's so hard to find anything there - that's where I thought I saw it but I just coudln't find it.  There's too many places for stuff to be over there, all with ambiguous names.

Never mind I shall have to stick to my usual method of just telling people what game I have and letting them take their chances.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 05, 09:21:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found it for you: click here.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 05, 09:57:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That program is very useful. Sometimes I just want to play the uncomplicated base game. Smiley

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 05, 10:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really cannot honestly recommend a version of the game pre-OFB. The most stripped install I would recommend is Base + GLS. As an OFB-era stuffpack, GLS will upgrade your engine to OFB-grade and make it compatible with most shiny things, without actually adding anything.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 05, 10:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That might be something I could try. I put Sims 2, uni and nightlife on my son's computer. I loaded the hacks from ffs/nightlife but the sleepclock crashes the game to the desktop, maybe if I add GLS it will work.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 05, 10:26:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Venusy.  It didn't occur to me to look in the downloads section I thought I was just looking for some instructions, not a tool Smiley

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 05, 10:55:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That might be something I could try. I put Sims 2, uni and nightlife on my son's computer. I loaded the hacks from ffs/nightlife but the sleepclock crashes the game to the desktop, maybe if I add GLS it will work.
Noted: Will investigate this issue. NL's engine is very, very buggy. At what point does this trigger? Is this with the most recent version? A tweak was made in an attempt to work around the stupid buggy NL engine at some point relatively recently.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 05, 11:22:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It crashes at the point where the sim goes to select their wake hour. I got the hack from ffs about a fortnight ago. I tried it first with base game and NL, it crashed, I added Uni in case sleepclock was looking for something from uni, it still crashed. Instantaneously. I was only using ffs hacks, these are new players and I wanted to take away the worst of the irritations while they were learning the game.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 06, 10:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Verify that this still happens with the current version?

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 06, 11:17:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK but won't be for a few days, the computer is not at my place. It's Monday morning tomorrow and work beckons. Sad I guess you want me to try before I put on GLS? And after as well?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 06, 11:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before, and if it doesn't work, don't install until it does, I'm trying to trace this odd bug.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 06, 12:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK.

Pages: [1] Print