More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 12:01:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Deleting neigbourhood trees with SimPE?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Deleting neigbourhood trees with SimPE?  (Read 7316 times)
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Deleting neigbourhood trees with SimPE?
« on: 2007 May 04, 18:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it in any way possible to remove (all) neigbourhood trees using SimPE?
Due to a mediocre computer I always use small neigbourhood terrains, mainly Loverrat's tiny ones. However, those come with a shitload of trees causing my graphics card to barf. Removinf trees prior to laoding the neigbourhood would probably stop my game from flashing blue/black  Roll Eyes

I have looked at the neigbourhood package with SimPE, and there is a Neighbourhood Terrain (NHTR) entry in there, which reads: Trees: 8332 items [0x8]. Would it be safe to change 8332 to 0, or will that result in a FBVFS?

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Deleting neigbourhood trees with SimPE?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 04, 18:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't there an obscure cheat for that?
It tickled something in my memory, but I might have been imagining it.

Edit:  I looked it up:
boolprop displayNeighborhoodFlora [true/false]      False=Removes trees/plants from Nhood
It's probably just a toggle, and I haven't tried it, but it might help.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 04, 19:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried that cheat, I put it into my userstartup file.... never made it past the neighbourhood loading screen.
That's why I hate my computer, this morning Sims was running perfectly fine, now, nothing works anymore.

/sigh

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 04, 19:14:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you enter another 'hood? If so, apply the cheat there (or in the 'hood select, don't know if it takes the console...), and swap 'hoods. These cheats are global.

Another thing you should try is loading TS2 in windowed mode, and see if it doesn't crash. You might be able to remove the trees this way.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 04, 19:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try experimentally replacing the NHTR with one from a blank neighborhood that is tree-free. That MIGHT do it. Purely speculative, so back up before attempting.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 04, 19:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I assumed that adding it to my userstartup.cheat would make sure that any neighbourhood would load without trees.
And window mode is awful, I get incredible lag when trying to use it.

I've had this flashing problem before though. The loading screen goes through the whole process of the want boxes lighting up etc, and then when it should switch to my actual hood it just starts flashing between a black screen and the load screen. I assume this time it might be caused by the two stuff packs I 'acquired' today, although my computer has been unusually buggy of late.

@ Pescado
I'll try and do that, won't even have to make back-ups since all my 'hoods are completely empty.

EDIT: Tried it with an empty hood and one with a few trees, the results were, erm, interesting. Granted, the trees had disappeared, but so had the roads. Using the 'boolprop displayneigborhoodroas true' cheat didn't work, and now I'm basically screwed. I'm not prepared to go and buy SC4 just so I can edit those particular terrainds, guess I'll just have to get over them.  Undecided
« Last Edit: 2007 May 04, 19:49:54 by Eleonora » Logged

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 04, 19:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anything, spend the money for a proper videocard... not a crappy game just for one feature.
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 04, 20:06:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'de love to buy myself a whole new system, been toying with the idea for over a year, however I have no idea were to start.... (any suggestions are very welcome, note that I'm located in the Netherlands)

Anyway, I send a mail to Loverat, the creator of the hoods, asking her if she could possibly make tree-less versions, fingers crossed.

Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

This post not officially sanctioned

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 05, 12:02:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dinkytink at MTS2  has a few very small terrains, completely flat, no camera mod required and NO TREES.

"Curse that alpha turkey, rohina! She will get her comeuppance next Grammar Day-- I will make sure of it!"
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 05, 16:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

cheers!

Those 'hoods are very plain, but I guess you have to make some compromises when running a less-than-awesome machine.

ETA: For people using even worse computers than mine, ambers journey had made these positively tiny islands: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=218435
« Last Edit: 2007 May 05, 16:09:59 by Eleonora » Logged

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 05, 19:03:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: For people using even worse computers than mine, ambers journey had made these positively tiny islands: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=218435
Hey, some of us just like tiny terrains. I see no point in having huge downtowns (where I come from "community" lots are right across the street, thank you) or universities. You just need a downtown with one or two lots for when you're invited on an outing, and a uni big enough for a couple dorms, three or four greek houses, and a quad.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 05, 20:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is actually a good terrain at The Shit Repository. It's TSR Island by Steve. It's small, flat and treeless. Makes a perfect Uni.

"Curse that alpha turkey, rohina! She will get her comeuppance next Grammar Day-- I will make sure of it!"
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 06, 02:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am seriously loving Dinktink's flat terrains on mts2, as mentioned above. I'm planning on using the flower one for uni when I get around to making a uni.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 06, 03:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since downloading the Dinky terrains last year, I haven't used any other terrain in my game.  I did some terrain surgery and replaced my PV and ST terrains with these.  I was surprised by how many lots I could fit on these small terrains, they certainly have plenty of room for my needs.  I'm currently playing a PV ancestry type game, that starts with the PV ancestors - that's 42 families, which is the largest number of families I've ever had (apart from MATYville).  The Dinky terrain is certainly big enough for this number of families, with room to spare.

cheers!

Those 'hoods are very plain, but I guess you have to make some compromises when running a less-than-awesome machine.

If they're too plain, you could always add the decorations you want.  Speaking as someone who spent many hours removing the decorations from MATYville in an attempt to make it playable on my machine, I'd prefer to add the decorations my computer can handle rather than remove decorations from a heavily decorated neighbourhood.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 06, 08:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're looking for REALLY small, I just found this. Unfortunately it's a frame site so I can't link to the actual download.

ETA
Just realised how stupid that was. Download here.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 06, 19:52:04 by Lana B » Logged

Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 06, 10:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they're too plain, you could always add the decorations you want.  Speaking as someone who spent many hours removing the decorations from MATYville in an attempt to make it playable on my machine, I'd prefer to add the decorations my computer can handle rather than remove decorations from a heavily decorated neighbourhood.

I rather meant flat than plain actually. I love the fact that they're tree-less, but I wouldn't have minded a few rolling hills and/or some water. That's what I loved about Loverat's terrains, they're small, have flat roads, and are surrounded by some nice landscapes. Their only downside is the insane amount of trees on them.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: