More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:11:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Wants & Fears Sanity "Death To All Nesses" Public Beta Edition
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wants & Fears Sanity "Death To All Nesses" Public Beta Edition  (Read 224814 times)
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
Re: Wants & Fears Sanity "Death To All Nesses" Public Beta Edition
« Reply #25 on: 2007 May 09, 22:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado's stuff is normally compatible with everything post-OFB, so yes, there should be a Pets version available.

FAKE EDIT: Yep.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 May 09, 23:24:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mind if I ask, I took a peek into the list of BHAVs and I was just wondering, which BHAV is the one that checks for saved from death?

It isn't CT - Test - Death of Sim?
]
Saved from Death is complex. I believe the check tree for THAT is simply "At Least Teen". A complex procedure involving looking at GUID arguments is then installed in that to determine whether or not the BHAV is being called for THAT want, one of several others in need of sanity-checking, or a more generic and benign one, and then running special checks for the special cases.

Also... just wondering if the electronic related BHAVs are pretty much the same as those in nogizmowants?
Yes. This hack merges nogizmowants. Having the two wouldn't hurt, since they're the same, but the old one is now deprecated in favor of merging everything, along with noresurrectwant.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 May 10, 04:22:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi! I'm new here and from what I've seen so far, you are indeed much more awesome than me.

But I only have university, nightlife, and pets. I assume this hack will not work for my game.

Is there an available version that does not require seasons?

(I'm really sorry if the answer is obvious. I was blinded by your awesomeness and couldn't check the rest of the forum before I posted.)

Taken from the main post, it should answer your question

Wants & Fears Sanity for TS2U+
dorquemada
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 May 10, 06:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using this, and now my Knowledge sim has five slots of buy-stuff wants.  Her house is fully furnished, so it's not the "buy a toilet, buy a shower, buy a refrigerator" set of wants you get when you move a sim into an empty house.  And she's maxed on skill points, so while she can't wish for those, she could still wish to play chess or stargaze or play with the dog or kiss her girlfriend, and she doesn't.  Usually only my (rare) Fortune sims have the want to buy things that cost at least X amount, but now my Knowledge sims do, too.  I guess if you take away their desire to kill themselves, then they want expensive consumer goods.  Weird!

Heh. My knowledge Sim, all skills maxed, platinum forever, now constantly wants to do naughty things to his wife. Who wants to max her skills and nothing else. Cool I wonder what else affect those wishes - e.g. why some fortune Sims are obsessed with painting masterpieces and others only want buy stuff. 

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 May 10, 07:41:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you REALLY wanna know what makes sim brains tick, dump out the want tree tunings. It's not as complex as you think it is.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 May 13, 10:31:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you add to the list of wants squashed by this hack:  No want to play Marco Polo unless a swimming pool is present.  For what it's worth, this was on a Uni lot, but I don't have any pools anywhere in my Uni hood so he's stuck with it until he graduates  Sad
Aeval
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 May 14, 00:57:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using Paladin's hack conflict program, I am showing conflicts with the following TwoJeffs hacks.

No Personal Electronics Want Spam.package X3 (one for each gizmo)
No Resurrect Want Spam.package
Havechildnotadopt.package

I assume that the first two have been made redundant and I will delete them.  The third one is really handy for same sex couples and I'm going to try it out  Besides general weirdness, is there any specific error that I should be looking for?
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2007 May 15, 00:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this stompinate stupid wants like 'Buy a fountain costing at least §3000' when the most expensive fountain in the catalogue costs §2500 (or whatever it costs)? It is an unfulfillable want that should not be there in the first place. Stupid EA.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 May 15, 01:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the "buy a fountain over 600" wants had been removed by Maxis.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2007 May 15, 02:08:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently not, since I have a fortune sim who constantly wants to buy a §3000 fountain that does not exist. Roll Eyes

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 May 15, 06:42:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hook

no it is still there. I can't remember if it works now, as it used to be unfullfillable.... I have a fountain that cost 6000§ in my game (the big round one from university) and I seem to remember that the want is "buy a fountain that costs at least 6000"
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2007 May 15, 06:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sucker is impossible to use on any lot in my game.  The lag it causes just kills gameplay; I've given up on even the little fountains as well.  It's a pity, as some of them are very pretty.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 May 15, 08:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed this, removed redundant hacks, then fired up the game.

I load in a lot and notice that the teenage boy has a want to go out with Vicky. While I am still looking over everyone's wants, the phone rings and Vicky asks him to go out on a date. While that won't fulfill the 'go out' want I decide to let him go.

He meets her downtown and rolls up the normal date wants. They then go inside the restaurant. But every time I fulfill one of his date wants, the want slot is replaced with 'do something romantic, such as flirt, kiss, whatever, with Andrea. Finally, all of his want slots are filled with wants about Andrea.

I check. Andrea is on the comm lot. OK. So she is accessible. Then I check his attraction score. He has 2 bolts for Vicky, his date, but only one bolt for Andrea. Plus he barely even knows Andrea. STR was less than 30, I think.

So what caused this?

• Sadorandomness
  • He really is more attracted to Andrea and the # of bolts is incorrect
  • Like most men, a bird in the bush is more attractive than 2 in the hand
  • This is normal, expected behavior from Sims
  • My game is borked and I need to search for the source of the problem

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 May 15, 09:12:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to get those kind of reactions from Romance sims pretty often myself, but the sim they want to "cheat" on their date with isn't always around. It can get really annoying, and I find that usually the only thing that really fixes it is going to a different lot. Of course, I don't usually remember to put lot debuggers on my community lots, so I don't know if that would help either.

Sometimes I have it happen with other Aspirations, but usually they are either more attracted to the other person or have a pretty decent relationship with them already (at least friends).

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 May 15, 09:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

• Sadorandomness
  • He really is more attracted to Andrea and the # of bolts is incorrect
  • Like most men, a bird in the bush is more attractive than 2 in the hand
  • This is normal, expected behavior from Sims
  • My game is borked and I need to search for the source of the problem
Points 1 and 4 are the usual explanations of this behavior. I suppose I can look into a sanity clamp on that, although I've honestly never seen this behavior for a completely random person.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 May 15, 20:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen it on a completely random person either. By that I mean that the 2nd person that they want to flirt with is usually someone that they already know, but may, or may not, have a high relationship with. However, it does happen quite often and like Tamha, the wants to flirt with the 2nd Sim often comes up when the 2nd Sim isn't even available. But since using ACR and various other MATY fixes the 2nd Sim is usually on the lot now before those wants start showing up.

If the Sim is actually more attracted to the 2nd Sim, then it makes sense that they would want to have those interactions with them, even if acting on those desires would have unfavorable outcomes. But I would really like the Sim to be more attracted to another before they roll up wants to ruin perfectly good relationships. Plus the Sim wasn't able to have a great date because all of his want slots were filled, which again makes sense only if more attracted to the 2nd Sim.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Llial
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 May 16, 13:44:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After using Paladins hack conflict scanner it came up with this:

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: CT - Test - Play Handheld
Group ID: 0x7F739728
Instance ID: 0x000011AE
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\_A_ Pescado_nogizmowants.package
\downloads\_T_Pescado_wfsanity.package

Procedure Name: CT - Test - Buy Cell
Instance ID: 0x000011B4

Procedure Name: CT - Test - Buy Handheld
Instance ID: 0x000011B5

Procedure Name: CT - Test - Buy MP3
Instance ID: 0x000011B6

Procedure Name: CT - Test - Resurrect
Instance ID: 0x000011DC
\downloads\_A_ Pescado_noresurrectwant.package

Procedure Name: CT - Generic Test - Pet Is Eligible?
Instance ID: 0x00001274
\downloads\_T_twoJeffs_No Pet Obsession.package
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 May 16, 13:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless specifically instructed otherwise, assume any Pescado hack with a conflict with this can be replaced by it.
As for the twojeffs one - pick and choose. The one that loads last (alphabetical sort) "wins".
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 May 16, 16:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you add to the list of wants squashed by this hack:  No want to play Marco Polo unless a swimming pool is present.  For what it's worth, this was on a Uni lot, but I don't have any pools anywhere in my Uni hood so he's stuck with it until he graduates  Sad
Huge pools are a staple in my dorms. I love seeing simmies run around screaming in their swimsuits during a fire:

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2007 May 16, 16:37:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hook

no it is still there. I can't remember if it works now, as it used to be unfullfillable.... I have a fountain that cost 6000§ in my game (the big round one from university) and I seem to remember that the want is "buy a fountain that costs at least 6000"

Ah yes, I forgot about that behemoth thing. I think my brain just blocks it out when I'm scrolling through the catalogue, because it's of absolutely no use.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 May 16, 23:02:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Buy it, stuff it into the inventory, delete it. Free ASP.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 May 17, 15:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hook

Ah yes, I forgot about that behemoth thing. I think my brain just blocks it out when I'm scrolling through the catalogue, because it's of absolutely no use.
I love that fountain. My dorms tend to be palatial, and generally feature at least one. Sometimes inside in the foyer. Prettttty...

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2007 May 18, 03:00:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having trouble with with fountains in general. All of a sudden my people in my homes stopped doing anything autonomous. I turned testing cheats on, and the log showed that there was a problem with the fountains (different fountains on different lots) and then when I deleted them, everything went back to normal. On one lot it was the fountain and a destroyed cat nip mouse that was throwing erros.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2007 May 24, 19:30:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having trouble with with fountains in general. All of a sudden my people in my homes stopped doing anything autonomous. I turned testing cheats on, and the log showed that there was a problem with the fountains (different fountains on different lots) and then when I deleted them, everything went back to normal. On one lot it was the fountain and a destroyed cat nip mouse that was throwing erros.
I seem to be having that same problem. Oddly enough, one of the houses it's REALLY hitting.. has no fountain..

BUT! They DO have a cat.. -ponders-

Now when you say the fountain threw the errors, did you mean it said "error: fountain", or did it pull "error: sim" and you traced it BACK to the fountain?

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2007 May 24, 20:16:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

did it pull "error: sim" and you traced it BACK to the fountain

this one. i attached one file for  example.

« Last Edit: 2007 May 24, 21:07:23 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: