More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 05:26:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Help With Homework
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help With Homework  (Read 7442 times)
Bain
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Help With Homework
« on: 2007 May 03, 03:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim kids have the wants to ask help for homework. I have them ask the parents to help and they get the help, they finish their homework. However, the want is not filled and there is no memory of being taught how to do homework.

Has anyone else had this problem recently? I have all the expansions and stuff packs, plus 300+ hacks. This is a recent development, not sure what is causing it. I just started playing the new neighborhood that came with Seasons. I don't think I have a hack that modifies asking for help with homework, I do have Inteen and alot of MATY hacks. Only homework mods i'm using is Monique's auto homework mod and dizzy's homework in bedroom. Any help would be appreciated.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Help With Homework
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 03, 04:57:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

try removing the homework hacks first and see if that fixes it>  if it does check for updates on them

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 03, 05:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't it usually takes like 1 1/2 homeworks or something like that to actually get the memory of being taught to study?

I thought the want actually gets satisfied when the homework is completed... but maybe it only gets satisfied when they learn to study? (But I also thought that was a different want altogether...) Undecided

Ste

Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 03, 05:11:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the want actually gets satisfied when the homework is completed...

That's true in my game.

I wonder...Bain, let me just ask you a couple questions:

1). Are they doing the studying from the same parent?
2). Is it all done in one session? Example: are you having the parent try to teach the child when the homework is at 0% and they go all the way through until it's completed, or are you having the parent teach a little bit, then the child does more on it later.
3). Are you sure they're doing their own homework and not that of a sibling?

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 03, 18:27:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't it usually takes like 1 1/2 homeworks or something like that to actually get the memory of being taught to study?

I thought the want actually gets satisfied when the homework is completed... but maybe it only gets satisfied when they learn to study? (But I also thought that was a different want altogether...) Undecided

Ste

Used to be that it needed to be one homework, but 100% of it had to be supervised to count. Last night I had one stop doing her homework (Daddy's home!!!!1111!!) at about 68% finished and she got the memory. Could Seasons have borked this? I knew there were way too few bugs this time around....

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 03, 19:51:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seasons does seem to have borked it some- now the memory comes before the homework is actually finished.  Personally, I consider that a good bug, if it is one, though.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 03, 20:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's autumn, the homework help is accelerated so they get the memory before the homework is finished.  Also, at Uni, when doing a term paper during autumn, they finish writing the paper when they're actually at about 70%.

I noticed they were getting done with the term papers sooner than they used to, so while they were writing it, I checked by clicking on a computer, college...write term paper (it shows the percentage they've done).  They were finished when the percentage shown was in the 68%-70% range.  Once they got into winter, it reverted to the normal 100%.

I also noticed the homework help want was satisfied before the homework was finished, so I assumed that the same thing applied.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 03, 22:05:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's autumn, the homework help is accelerated so they get the memory before the homework is finished.  Also, at Uni, when doing a term paper during autumn, they finish writing the paper when they're actually at about 70%.
It was 2nd day of Spring for me. I haven't had homework "taught" in Fall yet, but an increase then would make sense.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Cyjon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 03, 22:40:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's autumn, the homework help is accelerated so they get the memory before the homework is finished.

I think that was the goal but *gasp* Maxis messed it up.  Students learn to study faster in all seasons, though they complete their homework faster only in fall.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 05, 15:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else had this problem recently? I have all the expansions and stuff packs, plus 300+ hacks.

wait a second.. 300+ hacks? Surely you mean downloads... over 300 hacks and no conflicts? What is this madness?

INFP or something
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 06, 00:54:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else had this problem recently? I have all the expansions and stuff packs, plus 300+ hacks.

wait a second.. 300+ hacks? Surely you mean downloads... over 300 hacks and no conflicts? What is this madness?

dosen't surprise me, I have almost 200 hacks and the few reported conflicts I get with the conflict finder program aren't actually conflicts.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 06, 01:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have about 320 items in my hacks folder, but some are hacked objects, not global hacks. It depends on what you call a hack, I guess.

Fail.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 06, 04:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have 694 files in my hacks folder, but I include default eyes, skintones, Life Stories stuff, bonus items and so on. I would guess maybe 200 are hacks.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 06, 12:47:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was 2nd day of Spring for me. I haven't had homework "taught" in Fall yet, but an increase then would make sense.

I haven't gotten past fall yet in any of my hoods!  At the rate I'm going, it'll be Christmas in July!

But I've got some sim kids who have taken 3 times to get their homework help.  The first day - they were in the middle of getting homework help when I installed Seasons, so were reset, and the homework disappeared.  The second day, they must have been in the same situation when I installed the patch, and the same thing happened.

Will have to see what happens when I get my hoods past fall.  I takes me two weeks to get through one rotation of all my hoods, so it will be awhile!

I play Uni as one year (two semesters) for each day I play the main hood, so they are into spring now.  That's how I knew the term paper reverted back to 100%.  It will be interesting to see what happens with homework help.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 09, 12:07:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have 598 files in my hacks folder - but I consider custom foods hacks and put those in there as well as Echo's harvestable plants that came out before seasons and I'm keeping for the herbs and neat ones that nobody's created for seasons yet. Careers go in there too, although I don't use many of those. And then, yeah, some object hacks (rather than global ones) too. I like all those kinds of things to be easy to find if I run into any problems.

Unsouper
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 10, 10:24:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like all those kinds of things to be easy to find if I run into any problems.

Ditto - anything that changes the game and might make problems is in one place.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 May 10, 11:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't gotten past fall yet in any of my hoods!  At the rate I'm going, it'll be Christmas in July!

I was afraid the same thing would happen to me too.  So when I installed Seasons, I arbitrarily set 1/4 of my lots to each season, distributed as evenly as I could manage.  Now I have a decent variety, so I don't get bored seeing the same weather on every single lot.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: