More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 10:09:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  SimPE and supernatural creatures
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SimPE and supernatural creatures  (Read 5932 times)
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
SimPE and supernatural creatures
« on: 2007 May 01, 14:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry if this is a stupid quesion, but I'm a newbie and I have a few question to ask:

1. Is it possible to extract/clone a supernatural creatures (vampires, plantsims, etc) and keep their supernatural flag/tag?
2. Is it possible to make certain sim to a werewolf/plantsim/zombie/any other creatures with SimPE? maybe they have certain flag or something? I know it can be done with inSIM but I want to avoid using it...

thanks
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: SimPE and supernatural creatures
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 01, 22:13:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea, but you do have two options:

No. 1.  Ask the question at the SimPE forum, which is the more appropriate place.

No. 2.  Download the updated SimPE and give it the old college try.

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 01, 22:16:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use the Lot Debugger to make your own zombies and werewolves, and the College Adjuster can create vampires. Don't think anyone's made a non-InSIM one for plantsims though.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 02, 01:30:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Lot Debugger can inflict Plantsimism. It is not possible to package a sim as an odd creature, because all odd-creaturedom bits are set as bits on the sim itself, which does not exist as a bodyshop template. However, extracting a sim afflicted by one of these conditions may retain the visual appearance, so you'd have a hairy sim, for instance.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 02, 08:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh so there's no way to do that in SimPE? or you don't know how? Huh

I just asked there too because ZiggyDoodle told me to do so Wink but not sure if I'll get sufficient answer there... the reason I asked here first because I know people here are way more knowledgeable than the ones in other sites.......

So if you guys don't happen to know the way to do that, ok then, you're all still awesome anyway:D
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 02, 10:12:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is not possible, in SimPE or otherwise, because sims cannot be supernatural until they are sims!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 02, 10:55:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I found something (mind you this is coming from a noob's mouth lol), the "PersonData Flags 1" value is different from each creature, here's I put the list of the value in hexadecimal and decimal :

werewolf    0x20     32
vampire      0xc       12
zombie       0x1         1
servo         0x0         0
plantsim     0x100   256
alien          0x0          0
normal sim  0x0         0
BUT it also could be not it (which is more likely Smiley) because a normal sim, servo and alien have the same value... I'm very very sorry if it's totally wrong Embarrassed
« Last Edit: 2007 May 02, 13:43:24 by crystalclear » Logged
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 02, 11:40:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not possible to package a character intact with it's weirdness.  You coul package an empty lot containing the character, and do some major cleanup work with SimPE; removing all ties to other sims and deleting all memories of other sims.

Aliens are not special.  Aside from the skintone there is nothing that makes them different from other sims.  The game does not treat them any differently than other sims.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 02, 11:53:06 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 02, 12:21:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I'm talking about my 2nd question about how to change certain sim to a creature...

But thanks for giving me the answer of my first question Cheesy
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 02, 13:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I remember correctly, Servos have a NPC-flag of some sort.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 02, 13:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Servos are identified by their original-GUID.

bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 02, 13:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hey, I tried change the value of persondata flags of normal sim to werewolf's value and she indeed become a werewolf Smiley BUT she doesn't get the look, she did the transformation every night , she do the limping walking style and she can't change her look on the mirror at night but her looks actually stays the same... Also tried to change a guy to a vampire, and got the same result, he acts like a vampire but without the looks Huh

well, it's still an improvement anyway Grin

EDIT: I GOT IT!!! I don't know how but I get the looks to change by pressing ctrl+shift+c and then esc... (open the cheat box and close it) Grin Grin Grin the looks change to werewolf, I even tried plantsim and he indeed have the looks of a plantsim with only 3 needs... not the leaf cloth though, but I can live with that Cheesy

So I take that we wouldn't be able to change a sim to a servo and alien, would we?
« Last Edit: 2007 May 02, 15:25:56 by crystalclear » Logged
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 02, 21:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why don't you just use the Lot Debugger (or InSIM) to make them into vampires/werewolves/zombies/plantsims? it'd certainly be much easier and you could do it quickly in-game and it would be done right
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 02, 21:41:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm wondering the same thing.  Why mess with SimPE when it's easier to do in game?

Changing a sim into an "alien" would just be a matter of changing the skintone in SimPE, or using sim surgery to change the sim.
Like I said earlier; alien sims are not alien in any way.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 02, 22:00:22 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 03, 03:08:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

haha, I have several reason why I do it with SimPE:

1. I was very curious as to what string actually identify certain creatures
2. I'm avoiding any hacks as they messed up my game once that I had to reinstall everything including the base game, I know it was my fault not keeping them up to date but I don't think most hacks worth the hassle of checking the update when an EP comes out
3. I tested all of this with my test sims in a test neighborhood, so if I messed up something I can just delete the whole neighborhood and start over again

ok, I think it's all good now, thanks for all your help Cheesy
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 03, 06:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The lot debugger is hardly a hack.  It's just an object that lets you take simple shortcut and fix things maxis breaks on their own.  It's not a hack; it's a tool.  And it has a lot less potential for messing up your game than fiddling with things unknown in SimPE.
Insiminator on the other hand...

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: