More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:24:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  May "More Awful Than You": Buttugly Brokeass Furniture
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: May "More Awful Than You": Buttugly Brokeass Furniture  (Read 264817 times)
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
Re: May "More Awful Than You": Buttugly Brokeass Furniture
« Reply #475 on: 2007 May 31, 23:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very, very late, but anyway...

What use do these things have in the game? They're ugly, and look very high poly too.

For Numenor

Cthulhu Ship and more-oddities

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 2007 June 01, 00:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cthulhu didn't come in no damn spaceship!  It was a meteor, I tells ya!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 2007 June 01, 00:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to recall the official history has him arriving by flapping his wingalings.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #478 on: 2007 June 01, 00:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The spiky "goth" furniture is probably made with rubber or soft plastic spikes. You can buy bags, boxes and cigarette lighters covered in the stuff. There's a particular polymer that you mix up as monomer with the dye, then shape it while it sets. Can't remember what it's called, though (brain fried from the huge pile of marking in front of me).

The car with teeth(?) will give me nightmares.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 2007 June 01, 00:49:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What use do these things have in the game? They're ugly, and look very high poly too.

<Numenorean statues image snipped>

I guess if someone was doing a LOTR themed neighbourhood they'd be useful as neighbourhood decorations.  I have seen LOTR terrains somewhere.  I agree with your assessment of them, they do look kinda ugly, and the edges are too crisp.  They don't look as weather-beaten as ancient statues should.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: 2007 June 01, 00:53:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We build antiques!

Wink
« Last Edit: 2007 June 01, 02:08:49 by Li'l Brudder » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 2007 June 01, 01:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<Numenorean statues image snipped>

I guess if someone was doing a LOTR themed neighbourhood they'd be useful as neighbourhood decorations.  I have seen LOTR terrains somewhere.  I agree with your assessment of them, they do look kinda ugly, and the edges are too crisp.  They don't look as weather-beaten as ancient statues should.
Actually, they remind me more of NeverEnding Story. I remember the first time I watched LOTR, I was pissed that they'd ripped them off. However, they are decidedly uncool as I see no mention of blinding rays of death.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 2007 June 01, 02:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And this contest draws to a close, as it is June in Malaysia!  Let the judging COMMENCE!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 2007 June 01, 02:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Judges LilQuitter, Bangelnuts, and Giggy: Nominate your More Awful Than Yous!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 2007 June 01, 02:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I nominate 3:

Cthulhu Ship:

Anyone who has ever read The Call of Cthulhu knows that Cthulhu didn't arrive in a clunky, loud, light blue spaceship.  And it has glowing...eyes?  What kind of stealthy alien has lights on the ship's outside?  They CAN'T function as headlights, as they're too high.

Fire Room:

It's on fire.  It's bright.  It makes my monitor ring.

Duck Potty:

It eats toddler poop.  Parents have to manually stomach pump the duck to get the contents out.    It looks like it's eating a toddler when the toddler is sitting on it.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 01, 03:28:37 by Li'l Brudder » Logged
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 2007 June 01, 04:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, they remind me more of NeverEnding Story. I remember the first time I watched LOTR, I was pissed that they'd ripped them off. However, they are decidedly uncool as I see no mention of blinding rays of death.

NeverEnding Story probably ripped them from Tolkien.  (And I have no idea where he ripped them from).

From the Fellowship of the Ring: "As Frodo was borne towards them the great pillars rose like towers to meet him.  Giant they seemed to him, vast grey figures silent but threatening.  Then he saw they were indeed shaped and fashioned: the craft and power of old had wrought upon them, and still they preserved through the suns and rains of forgotten years the mighty likenesses in which they had been hewn.  Upon great pedestals founded in the deep waters stood two great kings of stone: still with blurred eyes and crannied brows they frowned upon the North.  The left hand of each was raised palm outwards in gesture of warning; in each right hand there was an axe; upon each head there was a crumbling helm and crown."

So they should be holding axes, not swords.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #486 on: 2007 June 01, 13:24:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tolkien was largely inspired by legends from the Norse, Germanic, and Anglo-Saxon.

Good writers borrow from other writers. Great writers steal outright.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: 2007 June 01, 22:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a book recently from the library, it was a compilation of the legends that supposedly inspired Tolkein's works. Unfortunately I didn't get round to reading it and can't remember it's title.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 2007 June 02, 11:30:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

while all the admissions are either blinding or puke worthy Shocked ;My vote goes to FeeEssen for the double toddler crib! her stuff is too bulky,pointy and it would take a sim house that covers an entire street to use the garbage.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: 2007 June 02, 12:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

umm well I put down this

I'll put down more as I see fit but I'll nominate all of FeeEssens works displayed here (No I'm not going to put all the pics down as I'm too bloody lazy)

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Tailchaser
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 2007 June 02, 14:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It eats toddler poop.  Parents have to manually stomach pump the duck to get the contents out.    It looks like it's eating a toddler when the toddler is sitting on it.

Ew. Your description made it all that worse. Especially the stomach pump part.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 2007 June 02, 22:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the Cthulu ship counts as furniture. From the position on the driveway, it looks like a car.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 2007 June 02, 23:04:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've known plenty of people that had whole bikes and bits of bikes and cars in their houses - dunno if that counts as furniture?  Cheesy

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 2007 June 04, 12:46:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of ATWA's furniture is fugly (at TSR)  Cheesy
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 2007 June 04, 16:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a book recently from the library, it was a compilation of the legends that supposedly inspired Tolkein's works. Unfortunately I didn't get round to reading it and can't remember it's title.
I hadn't read Tolkien before I saw NeverEnding Story. I saw NeverEnding Story when I was around six. I tried The Hobbit the first time around seven/eight. Actually, technically, I haven't read through any Tolkien at all. Not that he's bad or anything, he's just very descriptive and I prefer more of a balance between dialog and description in my entertainment reads. One of these days I'll buckle down and try again, because they are pivotal works in the genre.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
RaeKira
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: 2007 June 04, 18:32:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu, you should definitely get to reading them. They are really long, and take forever to read [I'm a fast reader, and it still took me a month to get through the series, excluding the Hobbit],  but they're some of the best books I've ever laid eyes on. If you've seen the movies, then when you read Return of the King you'll prolly get a little pissed at the movies. At least, I did. The director left out the end of the book, although it was probably from time constraints. I doubt that most major fans would have minded a longer movie anyway...  Grin *points to self*

Hell yeah.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 2007 June 04, 18:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was more upset with the unneeded and idiotic changes of TTT.
RaeKira
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: 2007 June 04, 20:05:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Two Towers? Actually, I sped through that one so fast I hardly remember it. I do remember that they messed up with Pippin and Merry meeting the Ent... What was his name again? Treebeard? He was awesome. I also remember that they totally left out the part where they both got taller because of the Ents' and the forest's water.

Hell yeah.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 2007 June 04, 20:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In increasing order of stupidity:
The Ents deciding NOT to interfere
Unnecessary Aragorn fake-death to allow for an Arwen "dream" sequence
Telepathy between Elrond and Galadriel
Faramir claiming the Ring and taking Frodo and Sam to Osgiliath Shocked
RaeKira
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: 2007 June 04, 20:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the Ents DID help. They went to Sarumon's place. It was all flooded? And then Pippin picked up the orb.
That stupid death is always annoying. Maybe because I don't really like Arwen... Aragorn should definitely have fallen in love with someone cooler. Not Eowyn though, she was a bit whiny.
The telepathy thing, I don't remember. Err, wait, it's coming back... Nope I lost it.
Faramir is just... Faramir. I know what you're talking about, and now that I think back on it, yeah, that was kinda stupid. But at least they hid it well. I didn't even notice it before. But Faramir is teh cool. I really liked how they had his dad freak out and try to burn him. I thought they did well with that.
I was also kind of surprised with the whole Pippin thing. I seem to remember his servitude going about differently...
Eh. I need to reread the books.

Hell yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: