More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 11:56:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Terrain Paint Tool
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Terrain Paint Tool  (Read 4456 times)
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Terrain Paint Tool
« on: 2007 April 30, 14:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed that my terrain paint tool isn't showing up.  I can click on any of the radius sizes and USE the tool, but the little white circle/arrow thingy doesn't appear.  So I have to kinda work blind as I slop the stuff on.

Sign of an impending BFBVFS?
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: Terrain Paint Tool
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 30, 16:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this problem sometimes too, but since my game is powered by a BFBVFS, I'm not sure I can help.  As for 'slopping the stuff on', is that not the best way to terrain paint?

As with most things TS2 since it was released, I have a general guideline I follow in this situation, if it helps:  If it basically works except for minor glitches, just be thankful it actually works at all. 

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 30, 16:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same glitch show up from time to time. It comes and goes so I don't worry. I can't see it being BFBVFS because I've had it occur in relatively new hoods, including vanilla installations used for testing.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 30, 17:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It happens in my game, too. Oddly enough, I can see the circle if I'm hovered over a fence. But no other time, that I can tell.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 30, 22:51:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happens to me too, usually after I've been playing for long stretches of time and not saving as often as I should. Thus, I think it has something to do with memory being used up, but it doesn't actually hurt anything - the game just saves on memory usage by not showing the graphics for the terrain paint tool.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 30, 23:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have Seasons?

Do you think they may have broken it while coding the new see-through snow tool? That's a circle on the ground too, so it seems it could be related. The stupid see-through snow tool tends to vanish on me at random times, too, although I haven't noticed the terrain tool doing the same.

Fail.
rowan_leigh
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 30, 23:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the problem numaari describes since about the time I installed OFB, I can say with some confidence; with Nightlife the terrain tool was fine.
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 02, 03:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I have Seasons.  I *think* my feeble video card just can't handle the cc that I added this week.  I try so hard not to shop, but I caved in and aquired an object with a custom animation.  (It's very naughty, too, but not at all Awesome, I'm sad to admit.  Although the Hack Conflict Utility says it's acceptable.))

My computer can't handle the snow tool, either.
Baron
Tyyppi
Horrible Halfwit

Even more arrows in knees!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 02, 09:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happens to me too from time to time. It seems to be totally random. The white circle may not appear even if I've just started the game so I don't think it's a memory problem. EA probably messed something up.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 02, 16:14:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I have Seasons.  I *think* my feeble video card just can't handle the cc that I added this week.  I try so hard not to shop, but I caved in and aquired an object with a custom animation.  (It's very naughty, too, but not at all Awesome, I'm sad to admit.  Although the Hack Conflict Utility says it's acceptable.))

My computer can't handle the snow tool, either.
I honestly don't think it has anything to do with the video card. My baby can handle everything on the highest settings easily (with a slight slow-down during heavy snow) with no graphical oddities, but I still haven't seen the area indicator since around Nightlife time. Or somewhere around there. Time blends for me.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 02, 16:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*shrugs*  Since this seems not-uncommon, I'm not gonna worry about it.  I don't mind it's absence, I was just worried about a possible asplosion.  Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: