More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 18:52:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Toasting bug? Is this a known issue with Seasons?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Toasting bug? Is this a known issue with Seasons?  (Read 5399 times)
snapdragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Toasting bug? Is this a known issue with Seasons?
« on: 2007 May 01, 02:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Recently I've had Sims going out on a date to a restaurant in Seasons, and to satisfy a want I will have one of them toast the other. The two Sims will already have been seated at a table, placed their order, and have received their meals. When I click on Entertain - Toast - they both jump out of their seats and then bring their plates to the kitchen (Clean Up).

When this first happened I thought I was doing something wrong but it happened again tonight with different Sims, so it's definitely a glitch. I will admit that I have not ventured into BBS to find out about this, so I will take my lashes of the whip if that's what I should have done before coming here. If anyone knows anything about this,  though, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

If it can be fixed by a patch, I'm wary, because the last time I downloaded their effin patch for Pets the game started crashing. I want nothing to do with BBS or their products (except the Sims 2 games, of course). Any enlightenment will be appreciated, or at least graciously accepted, if that makes people more comfortable.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Toasting bug? Is this a known issue with Seasons?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 01, 02:51:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't have an error log, I have no idea what to do.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 01, 03:07:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, not a known bug. I had a date just the other day, and they toasted one another just fine.  Start with taking out your non-awesome hacks. *shrug*

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 01, 07:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure that you have the most current (Seasons-compatible) versions of all your hacks. Any that haven't been updated should go bye-bye.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
snapdragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 01, 11:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I don't know how to produce an error log, I can't give JM what he wants. I don't have any non-awesome hacks, so that can't be it. It must be that I haven't updated my hacks since installing Seasons. I'll get on that! Thanks.
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 01, 12:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That has been hapening to me since NL, and has happened while playing with no custom content at all, so I figured it was a game bug. It seems to happen most when the Sims are seated side by side rather than across from each other, but it doesn't happen every time they are seated side by side. Sometimes when I'm on a date with a Sim that really isn't very hungry but has the 'dine out with' Want, I'll actually do the toast interaction before the food is served, hoping they will have the error, that way they get the aspiration satisfied & the Wants rolled, without having to sit & watch them eat & yap for an hour, lol. But when you actually want them to finish the meal, it is a pain, lol.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 01, 13:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I don't know how to produce an error log...

That's why there is a FAQ.  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/board,1.0.html

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 01, 14:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No toasting bug (toasting before and after the meal is done is a staple in my sim dates), but I do have something else silly that may have started with Seasons: when a booth is set up against a wall on one side, instead of having the currently sitting sim scoot over, the next one will jump over the booth and into the seat next to them.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 01, 16:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this the bowling alley lot perhaps?

Since NL there is some weirdness there. For some reason the modable couches are linked to the tables on the other side of the fence, so a toast will try to run on the wrong Sims and fail.
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 01, 17:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the 'toasting bug' issue happen on several different lots, and it happens with Sims seated on regular dining chairs as well as the booth style seats. It does seem to mostly happen when the Sims are seated side by side & not across the table. It doesn't happen every time there are Sims seated side by side, but it happens. I haven't done a real scientific study of this, but I find that if I make an effort to only start a toast when the Sims aren't holding a menu or glass of water, it works fine. I don't toast as a staple activity on dates, but I do use it fairly often & have seen the 'bug' several times.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 01, 17:12:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No toasting bug (toasting before and after the meal is done is a staple in my sim dates), but I do have something else silly that may have started with Seasons: when a booth is set up against a wall on one side, instead of having the currently sitting sim scoot over, the next one will jump over the booth and into the seat next to them.

I've seen this (jumping over the seated Sim) ever since Nightlife came out -- always makes me laugh.

No toasting problems.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 01, 23:05:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found certain maxis objects to create "jump bugs" - like that holeysomething-or-other fountain. 

snapdragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 02, 00:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the 'toasting bug' issue happen on several different lots, and it happens with Sims seated on regular dining chairs as well as the booth style seats. It does seem to mostly happen when the Sims are seated side by side & not across the table. It doesn't happen every time there are Sims seated side by side, but it happens. I haven't done a real scientific study of this, but I find that if I make an effort to only start a toast when the Sims aren't holding a menu or glass of water, it works fine. I don't toast as a staple activity on dates, but I do use it fairly often & have seen the 'bug' several times.

Two couples were sitting opposite each other. They were at Landoste, where I send all my Sims on a date if I want them to get married. Both couples were seated at the table near the ktchen door. I just remembered that there was another couple at a restaurant that I created too, that had that happen. They were sitting next to each other. So I guess it can happen no matter how they're seated.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: