More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:36:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Another Dumb-ish Question: How to identify error-causing files?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Another Dumb-ish Question: How to identify error-causing files?  (Read 2780 times)
chintznibbles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Another Dumb-ish Question: How to identify error-causing files?
« on: 2007 April 30, 06:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm... so, it seems Seasons disagrees somewhat violently with my collection of Awesome hacks, non-awesome crap, and smutty clothing.  (Hey, I only tend to download things that catch my eye... and those are pretty eyecatching, yeah?  And then I wonder why I have no new men's clothes...)

Anyway, Seasons is basically giving me nonstop errors whenever I use a Plantsim.  Other crap doesn't work, of course, but has failed thus far to consume my game in fire or inundate it with error messages.  I could just, you know, turn the debug mode off, but playing the Sims 2 without cheating is like a day without really really convenient sunshine.  (You're tired?  You want to sleep?  Fuck that!  Here, have a full Energy bar.  Go work out more, pansy.)

Anyway, is there any way to see what file is causing the constant barrage of "abort, retry, fail?" messages?  I have several error logs, which show basically this:
Object id: 131
name: G001_User00002 - Rose
Stack size: 6
Error: Invalid constant.
Iterations: 605

If the full things would help, I can post them.  There's an assload of variables and suchlike in there that I am feebly incapable of deciphering and no big, red, blinking message saying "HEY, DELETE SmutHax.package YOU GIANT TOOL! Or at least get the new version. I hear it has extra boobs, even.", which would really be helpful.

So... apart from taking out every game-modifying item I have, is there any way to do this?  I don't have a lot riding on this installation... I was just intrigued by botanical sims and the potential to freeze people to death.  So, if you can help me, great.  If I wind up having to re-populate my downloads folder... well, no big loss, I suppose.

Edit:  Durrr... I guess this should probably be in the It's Teh B0rken! sub-forum up there... I am not known for my reading comprehension, it seems.  Oh well... respond how you will, I suppose.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
Re: Another Dumb-ish Question: How to identify error-causing files?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 30, 07:05:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always have problems with Rose Greenman.  For the longest time, errors were popping up every time she tried to enter another lot (like with the welcoming committee, or just as a passer-by) but was fine when I played her lot.  Huh And then suddenly, last week, it stopped.

In that time, I HAD updated some of my hacks.. Some of the seasons hacks had been updated 2-3 times since I'd first downloaded them. So you might want to start there. Then take out the non-awesome ones.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
chintznibbles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 02, 05:10:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I figured something like that.  I was just hoping someone had written some amazing "Error-Causing File Discoverer!" for TS2.  Kind of like a debugger, except slightly more user-friendly.

I guess I'll just pull out all the hacks and put them back in one by one until I figure out the problem.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 02, 05:44:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do a search on 'binary hack testing', you might get a pleasant surprise.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: