More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 08:40:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Plantsim thingie
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Plantsim thingie  (Read 10688 times)
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
Plantsim thingie
« on: 2007 April 29, 00:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Plantsims can't be interacted with for some reason. When they are the active sim, I can direct them to do stuff, but when the 'normal' sim is active, the prompts drop out of queue right away. No one can interact with them, but they can with everyone else. Is there a mod conflict or something? I searched (rather interesting facts about the temperature, by the way JM). I also gathered all my courage and searched the BBS, but no luck there either. Oh, I'm playing the Riverbottom (or something like that) neighborhood, and the Plantsims I'm talking about are the Premade woman and her spawn (daughter).

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
Re: Plantsim thingie
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 29, 00:43:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just an FYI - Riverbottom is scary-buggy as is the Eaxis-made family Ottabottom or whatever.  I played for a few minutes and then backed away very slowly (and no one got hurt).   

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 29, 00:49:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, backing away. Thanks Star.

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 29, 02:27:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've played Riverblossom Hills into the next generation and haven't experienced any problems (other than the bin-pregnancy problem with the Ottomas family, but that's no big deal -- the problem of dissociated/substituted male parents of children whose mother has been placed in the bin while pregnant has apparently been around from day 1).  Never had any problem with Rose Greenman or her spawn, Daisy.  Jason Greenman eventually became a plant sim as well and had his own spawn.  I've never experienced the problem you describe (or any other problem) with them.

I don't know if that helps, but I didn't want you laboring under the misconception that there is something inherently wrong with the neighborhood.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 29, 04:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well hello there Phyllis, nice to see you.

But you see, if there is something that can go wrong, it will. Especially with my old machine. I have all kinds of odd things happening already, so if there is the potential for something to go kaplong (or kaputt) it most likely will. Take for instance the house I was enlarging for a growing family. Lo and behold, the wall building tool got stuck, and is visible even in live mode. Kind of funny actually, but I'll now do the usual things I do in cases like this. Leave the lot and come back, if that doesn't work, move the family (I hope not, I like the house I made, for once), if that doesn't work search the web-sites (sigh, I hope I don't have to do that, it's rassafracking tedious.)

Well, you get the picture. Maybe if I save up for a separate hard-drive and put my games on that, I should be able to play it on the computer from a separate drive. I think. Maybe. Possibly. Oh well, I guess I should take some things off at any rate. Oblivion, Neverwinter Nights (not the new one - my daughter's and my computer combined woiuldn't match the minimun requirements for the newest NWN), and TS2 is probably too much for my computer grampa. (Or would that be grampa computer?)

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 29, 12:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oblivion, Neverwinter Nights (not the new one - my daughter's and my computer combined woiuldn't match the minimun requirements for the newest NWN), and TS2 is probably too much for my computer grampa. (Or would that be grampa computer?)

I think computers are like musical instruments: if we develop a relationship of sufficient intimacy, they tell us their gender.  (I have a harp, and she's definitely female. Yes, I've met male harps).

Grin

Nice to see you, too!  Good luck with your woes.

ETA: I don't know if it's important to you, but I thought I'd mention that the Ottomas family and their pregnancy are in the bin for every neighborhood now, thanks to Seasons.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 29, 15:14:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Phyllis. And thanks for the warning with the pregnant family too.

Anyway, it's not the neighborhood, its the plantsim. I created a sim, moved her into a house in a custom neighborhood, and turned her into a plantsim. Same results. No one can interact with her, the command flickers briefly in queue and then its gone. The plumbob above her head flickers on and off as well. She can interact just fine. Before I go through the tedium of taking all my DL's out and putting them back in piece by piece, does anyone have a suggestion? It would take me ages, the game loads in a snappy 10 minutes, and needs about that amount of time to shut down, ya know.

starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 30, 00:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where are our Awesome Ones with their 2 cents on this subject? 

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 30, 00:36:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy Yeah, I got 'em stumped. I'm so proud of myself. I'll just not play plantsims. I don't have a spare week or two to mess with downloads out-downloads back in. I guess I would've been better off with a cup of coffee Wink

.........who said that?!?

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 30, 05:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the can't be interacted with problem with a regular sim; deleting her didn't help, but she was eventually cured by the whole family being moved in and out of her lot.

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 30, 07:10:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you checked to make sure you have the latest versions of any hacks?  Some of them have been updated multiple times since being "cleared" for Seasons.

I was having problems with Rose Greenman erroring every time she came onto someone else's lot- she was fine on her own lot, but no one else's. But last week, it suddenly stopped, and I realized while responding to a thread in Oops.. that I'd ended up updating all my hacks last week because I'd accidentally deleted something, and when I went to redownload it, I noticed something else had a newer date, so I redownloaded them all... Since that's the only thing I changed, either the game spontaneously fixed itself, or an updated hack did.  You might get lucky too.  Smiley

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 30, 09:09:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lot of early items are shoved out the door based on hasty diffscanning, because if we DON'T, people bitch loudly, and we can't even launch our game without them all hastily fixed at all. You get to crash-test them. Always update the latest shinies, especially at More Awesome Than You. Other sites may be lazy and not update frequently if at all, but we...are MORE AWESOME THAN YOU!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 30, 18:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lot of early items are shoved out the door based on hasty diffscanning, because if we DON'T, people bitch loudly, and we can't even launch our game without them all hastily fixed at all. You get to crash-test them. Always update the latest shinies, especially at More Awesome Than You. Other sites may be lazy and not update frequently if at all, but we...are MORE AWESOME THAN YOU!

No complaints here; I know the routine, I just forget to watch for the updates. I figure that most people don't know to check back, at all.  I don't know what was borked or what fixed it, I'm just glad to get rid of the annoying error.  Smiley

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 April 30, 20:02:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guess there should be a new 'rule' in the MATY FAQ -- if you use the hacks here, make it a point to check back at least once a week for updates. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 April 30, 20:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha!  Optimist.  Tongue
I have mine on daily check.  Although some days I forget (and invariably there are a bazillion updates if I do).

chintznibbles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 02, 05:20:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I think I'm having this problem too.  Do they throw constant errors with debug mode on?  Because that's what Rose and her delightful little clonespawn* do in my game.

*What, do you think that Darren or whatever his name is pollinated her or something?  It's gotta be mostly clonelike if not all the way. :p

I'm in the process of flogging my hack directory of all old, stupid, and especially Non-Awesome crap.  I don't expect to find an exact culprit, but maybe I will.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 May 02, 14:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*What, do you think that Darren or whatever his name is pollinated her or something?  It's gotta be mostly clonelike if not all the way. :p

Someone/thing is pollinating the plant-spawn -- they are not clones.  I've had two in my game so far -- Daisy Greenman, and the spawn of Jason Greenman after he became a plant-Sim.  Daisy and her, um .. step-brother? .. both have pointy ears, which neither Rose nor Jason have, and possess otherfacial features different from their in-game plant parent.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 May 02, 15:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plantspawn are pollinated from the "Ideal Plantsim", a buttugly mofo that does not appear on the fambly tree, much like the Pollination tech didn't around NL-ish, before they apparently hacked a special exemption for weirdo NPCs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 May 02, 15:56:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plantspawn are pollinated from the "Ideal Plantsim", a buttugly mofo that does not appear on the fambly tree, much like the Pollination tech didn't around NL-ish, before they apparently hacked a special exemption for weirdo NPCs.
Oh, great. Looks like I'll be waiting until someone's hacked some IP replacements to go with my PT replacements before spawning some spore-babies. I'm having a run of ugly kids as it is. Bad genetic splicing, bad!

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 May 02, 16:21:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Already at MTS2.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=230572&goto=newpost
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 May 02, 16:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww. I think the Ideal Plant-guy is nice-looking! Given a choice, I'd opt out on the pointy ears, but I like the rest of him  Cheesy

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 May 02, 16:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The replacement offered there is atrocious, true. But this is a simple template to base your own replacement on.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 May 02, 16:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The replacement offered there is atrocious, true. But this is a simple template to base your own replacement on.

Oh, I was commenting on the original guy (whom J.M. dubbed buttugly) , not the replacement.  I think the original is very nice!  I, um  ... didn't want to say anything aboutthe replacement, lest I hurt the creator's feelings (wherever the creator may be).  I'll leave it with saying that the replacement is not to my taste, but nice work.  Cheesy

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2007 May 02, 17:19:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apropos the Ideal Plantsim-thingy, I was wondering something. If the IP doesn't show up in the fambly tree, making it possible to pollinate a pollenspawn with the IP, thus diluting the sim-genes in that fambly, wouldn't that eventually lead to the plantbabies being clones of the IP?

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 May 02, 18:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you take half of half ad infinitum, you never have 100% of anything, but yeah...it would be possible to have, say 99.99% of the genetic material be from the IP.

I actually like the replacement, but why brown eyes? I'd use green for more variety in spawn as well as the fact that green just makes sense.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: