More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:04:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Anyone else want the juicer enabled for children?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anyone else want the juicer enabled for children?  (Read 8842 times)
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Anyone else want the juicer enabled for children?
« on: 2007 April 28, 23:18:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First off, I have to thank Pes and Jfade for the fruitbowl and juicer tweaks. It makes portioning juice so much easier. But- I wish, oh how I wish, children could make juice. Serving juice wastes so much produce and time. I wonder if EAxis thought the blades of a juicer were dangerous for the little runts? I mean, really, if the juicer is preloaded, why can't the niblets flick the on switch and make juice?  *Now I can't get the image of bloody little stumps that were once fingers out of my head*

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
Re: Anyone else want the juicer enabled for children?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 28, 23:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason this wasn't done is because EA can't comprehend that a child might actually be smart enough to take care of themselves, or they simply hate children and want us too hate them equally (They do not know my hatred of annoying children). Plus the gaming community is terrified of putting something in a game that some MORON child would attempt to do and mangle themselves, then have the parents sue because, "The little sim boy did it, so our lil johnny thought he would be able to do too."

The other is political reason that are preventing us from sending crying babies/toddler, and pets to their fiery doom.

We must protect our children, they might be stupid and hurt themselves!

When it should be...

If they do something stupid; they were STUPID: let's have another one and hope for the best. Because honestly, you have to do something incredibly dumb to die now-a-days or you were just damn unlucky.

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 30, 01:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's a combination of laziness, too. Making items child-usable would tend to require extra animations since they're too short.

When it should be...

If they do something stupid; they were STUPID: let's have another one and hope for the best. Because honestly, you have to do something incredibly dumb to die now-a-days or you were just damn unlucky.
Oh, I agree completely. I mean, just look at what kids get to play with nowadays compared to what I did when I was a kid. Nowadays, kids can't even play with lawn darts. In *MY* day, we threw sharp metal-tipped javelins at EACH OTHER while hiding behind large trashcan lids to avoid being impaled. *MY* parents, of course, firmly encouraged this. The parents of other weakling children forbid their kids to participate, which they naturally ignored. So we'd square off in lines and lob these sharp metal objects at each other before closing and jabbing each other with short, sharp sticks. Good times. And you wonder why kids these days don't get any exercise.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 30, 01:44:20 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 30, 02:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And you wonder why kids these days don't get any exercise.

Add the bike helmets and other paraphernalia they have to wear and they can't even get on their bikes, let alone ride them. A bloodless bike ride is boring.   
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 30, 04:01:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the helmet is there to protect you from the idiot on the mobile phone who mows you down instead of paying attention.

The helmets are a good idea. The rest of the cricketing gear? Feh!

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 30, 04:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Add the bike helmets and other paraphernalia they have to wear and they can't even get on their bikes, let alone ride them. A bloodless bike ride is boring.   

Sadly this is pretty accurate.

Fail.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 30, 09:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it strange that simkids can trim trees, but can't trim shrubs, or use the juicer.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 30, 09:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it strange that simkids can trim trees, but can't trim shrubs, or use the juicer.
I place the blame squarely on tight pants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 30, 11:22:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It annoys me that servings of juice can't be put in a sim's inventory for future consumption.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 30, 12:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It annoys me that servings of juice can't be put in a sim's inventory for future consumption.
mike_1102 at MTS2 has some hacks for this.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=226764
I have them in game, no problem so far (I have changed them a bit (juice that never spoils feels too cheaty for me)). I love the ability to put the juice serving into inventory...
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 30, 15:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohhh...shiny.  Maybe this will stop my whining.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 30, 22:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It IS quite annoying that sim-children aren't allowed to make even the simplest of meals. Most kids I know are perfectly capable of fixing a bowl of cereal, or even *gasp* toast. Roll Eyes

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 01, 00:52:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bleh, my kids learned how to warm themselves up snacks in the microwave once they could read.  (With Mom's supervision, of course!)  Why couldn't a sim-child warm up a tv dinner or some raman noodles like every other seven year old?
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 01, 02:30:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When my father realized my ezbake oven (which looked more protected than that plastic thing sim kids get) actually got hot enough to bake a cake... he realized that's a lot more dangerous than making cereal or the other cooking things I was allowed to do (no microwaves then, I'm old). I lost the toy within a week of getting it <sniff>

But I managed to blow things up with an unblowupable chemistry set instead, so I got even.

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 01, 03:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man, and your childhood eating habits were so complicated. My life is was so much easier: RAW, BLOODY MEAT!

Baron
Tyyppi
Horrible Halfwit

Even more arrows in knees!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 01, 09:05:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be better if you could use the juicer to make juice out of kids. That would teach 'em a lesson.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 May 02, 04:23:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that sort of like girl scout cookies made from real girl scouts? Wink

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: