More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:27:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  STOP with the dormie assignments!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: STOP with the dormie assignments!  (Read 21495 times)
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: STOP with the dormie assignments!
« Reply #25 on: 2007 April 30, 15:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Practice safe eating:  use condiments!
I don't know wether to laugh or groan. I think groan.
Say, on a related note, anyone know of some custom table deco for when you're bored with the little lamps and condiments?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 April 30, 15:37:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's condiments in the game?  Damn, I missed them.  I assume under sculptures like the napkin holder?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 April 30, 16:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The napkin holder comes with ketchup, mustard, salt, and pepper.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 April 30, 16:20:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update: played another Maxis dorm with all Maxis content. I had the same problem with a table and chairs. The chairs were fine, but the table was 'in use'. I replaced it and so far, so good.  I only played the lot for about an hour, but it seems to be working. I'm sure with more play those damned chairs (and table) will get stuffed again.
The candles/napkin holder are working great for the cafeteria, but my 'assignment' tables and chairs are still acting up.

You're not using the Mission table and chairs by chance, are you?  I've had problems with them in homes, so I quit using them.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 April 30, 16:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, they aren't the Mission things. When I play later today, I am going to take notes on what is working and not working. I have a feeling that it has nothing to do with the object and everything to do with the action of putting the damnable assignment on the table.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 April 30, 17:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Say, on a related note, anyone know of some custom table deco for when you're bored with the little lamps and condiments?
There's some placemats on TSR that you can use. However, I'm not sure if they block assignments. It's worth a try. Of course, it's freaking pay crap. Pay here, freeload here (useable_place_settings_set.rar).

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 April 30, 17:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The napkin holder comes with ketchup, mustard, salt, and pepper.

Ah, ok -- I mistakenly thought you were referring to a separate item.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
mmmyrs
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 April 30, 20:44:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smaller plants work as well. (daffodil, etc...) Also the OFB flowers you craft can be used as well as date rewards.  Kiss Don't know of any CC, sorry.

Don't be open-minded, your brains might fall out!
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2007 April 30, 21:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sandy at aroundthesims2.com has all kinds of decorative condiments for her kitchen sets, which can be downloaded separately if you don't want the whole set.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 May 01, 00:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found a very simple solution to this problem:  I used the deleteallcharacters cheat when I first started my neighborhood.  No dormies.  Peaceful dorm.  Smiley
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 May 01, 07:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will we tell her DAC is broken now, or later?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 May 01, 10:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked at this post earlier and thought, no I can't bring myself to be the one to tell her. When do we break the dangling SWAF news?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 May 01, 10:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the failed cleanup of SDSCs, yes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 May 01, 14:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will we tell her DAC is broken now, or later?
I think you just did.

Kristalrose: three little words: clean templates, notownieregen

Honestly, though, dorms without dormies are no fun. I normally fill an extra floor with 1x2 rooms until I have just below the number my computer can handle (28 generally). Now, with ACR on brothel settings, it should be absolutely fantastic.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 May 01, 19:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From memory, one of my very first posts on a  sims site was about my buggy hood. I carefully explained how I'd packaged each and every family and imported them into my new hood and that I was hoping this would sort out their bugginess, give the sims a fresh start, so to speak.  Roll Eyes

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 May 02, 00:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

when I was playing a couple of sims in Uni last night (2 different dorms) I noticed the same problem with dormies and assignments (going missing and chair becomes unusable), thankfully placing the condiments on the tables stopped that problem.

I remember having this problem before (with Pets or OFB) and I forget what I did (or what hack I removed) to fix it - at that time it only happened in 1 maxis dorm and usually I used a custom one that I built, so it may not have actually gotten fixed - I did think it was a hack causing it at that time.

Oddly enough I also had a couple invisible dormies in one of the dorms. I used InSIM to delete them and they returned to the lot a short time later fixed, hopefully they stay fixed *laughs*
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 May 02, 00:50:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, no, I haven't tried to delete all characters lately. . . this was about a year ago.  I still play with all the no___ regen hacks though, to keep them away.  (And, yes, didn't know it was broken, either. Thanks for letting me know LOL)

Witch:  I did that, too, when TS2 1st came out.  I packaged all my favorite families and moved them to a neighborhood I had terrained with SC4.  I bragged about it, and JMP said it was bad.  I didn't take him seriously.  A few months later, I was crying and telling him, "You are right, you are more awesome than me."   Cry  If it can be broken with TS2, leave it to me to do it.  I'm worse than Maxis.  hahaha
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 May 02, 00:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I packaged all my favorite families and moved them to a neighborhood I had terrained with SC4.  I bragged about it, and JMP said it was bad.  I didn't take him seriously.  A few months later, I was crying and telling him, "You are right, you are more awesome than me."   Cry  If it can be broken with TS2, leave it to me to do it.  I'm worse than Maxis.  hahaha
* J. M. Pescado points and laughs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 May 02, 05:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, he pointed and laughed at me too. He also explained why it was bad, so I'll give him credit for that!

Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 May 02, 23:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's what makes him tollerable, I guess.   Wink  He at least explains why we've done something stupid as he points and laughs.
AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ mother of an ENTP child. Halp!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 May 03, 16:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update: played another Maxis dorm with all Maxis content. I had the same problem with a table and chairs. The chairs were fine, but the table was 'in use'. I replaced it and so far, so good.  I only played the lot for about an hour, but it seems to be working. I'm sure with more play those damned chairs (and table) will get stuffed again.

I have played Uni more or less regularly since I got it (I just use College Adjuster to speed it up), and, yeah, I have noassignmentlitter installed too. I've noticed exactly this same thing and only since Seasons. It has happened with the cheap desk, the Oriental-style desk, and the desk that looks like a leather-type tabletop (don't know the name of it), and various tables in the cafeteria. It's driving me up the wall to the point that I am not even going to have dormies in my playable dorms from now on, just my own Sims. GRRRR.

(But thank you - I thought I was going crazy. Now I know that we're both crazy.)
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 May 03, 22:52:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

interesting, the only person to not have this 'dormie/chair in use/assignment' problem (in this thread) wasn't using noassignmentlitter (from what I could tell re-reading the posts quick)

so... could this be a bug in noassignmentlitter?
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 May 03, 23:22:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno. But it has been happening a lot very recently. I can't place the blame on the hack neccessarily, I'm not sure why this is cropping up so frequently. I have 'most' of the directors cut installed and a lot of Twojeffs mods.  The only other mods are Jordi's hiders, JFades juicer tweaks, Inge's Elders Sleep through the Night, and Ctfg's faster gardening hacks.  Last night I played a dorm that I hadn't played for months. And gee..guess what happened?  Two borked tables and 2 chairs. Those tables and chairs were original to the Maxis lot. I never had a problem before, that I can recall, on that lot. I only noticed it because my sim was sitting and eating while holding his plate. Again, they were 'in use'. I had to replace them twice. Each time a dormie put the assignment down they would wave their hands about the chair not being accessable. The homework would disappear and another sim would lay down the paper...wash, rinse, repeat.This was with a brand new table and chair. No Sim had used it.

I mean, c'mon, this used to happen once in great while. It was very rare. Now it's infecting all the dorms that I have checked in on. This has been occuring since installing Seasons. I have no idea why Seasons could possibly affect this. I still have at least 6 more dorms to check up on. In fact, I just remembered, I went to remodel an uninhabited dorm that had previously held students, and I also had the 'in use' problem on a table and chair. How can it be 'in use' when there are no Sims on the lot? Bizarre.

I have used the table candles with great success to force the homework onto another table, but in one instance, the second table I placed for homework got borked also. I replaced it, and so far there's no problems. But, I didn't play the lot for a long time after the replacement. 

ETA: when MY Sim uses the newly placed tables for homework, they don't become corrupt. It's only when a dormie uses/attempts to use it.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 03, 23:30:12 by purplehaze » Logged

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 May 06, 00:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well I removed noassignmentlitter before playing last night since I knew I was going to be playing Uni.

I played both of the dorms that I had had the 'dormie/chair in use/assignment' problem (I removed the condiments from the tables upon entering) plus another dorm and not once did I end up with a unusable chair.

so IMO it does seem to be a bug in noassignmentlitter
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 May 06, 11:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made an update aimed at reducing the potential for a possible stuck chair situation, even though I highly doubt they're related, since the assignment wouldn't combust if someone were actually using it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: