More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 23:20:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  STOP with the dormie assignments!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: STOP with the dormie assignments!  (Read 21848 times)
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: STOP with the dormie assignments!
« Reply #50 on: 2007 May 06, 12:48:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is very odd, I've never experienced that bug, and I've played about 40+ uni students, so far, all in dorms, with an average ratio of 50% dormies/50% playables. I don't use noassignmentlitter, but I use no stinky dormies fix. I don't know if this helps.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 May 06, 13:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also believed that noaasignmentlitter was the culprit, and played without it for a long time, but I'm pretty sure I still had problems (although not as many).

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 May 07, 02:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the no stinky dormies fix also.

noassignmentlitter was the only hack I was using that affected dormies assignments.

It will be awhile before I play Uni again, it's a new hood and dosen't have many playables yet and none of the few kids are teens.
Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2007 May 08, 07:56:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have any of the uni assignment hacks in (I've been playing uni only with a legacy family that moves into the family frathouse ASAP, so I don't deal with dormies long enough to care), but with just TS2 and Uni, and just assignments from the NPC cheerleader and llama, I had the entire dining set at the frathouse rendered useless.

So it's not entirely new or hack based.  It's even possible that something involved with the assignments my playables would do had something to do with it.  I didn't notice the dining room issue until I moved in a new generation, served a meal, and NO ONE ate it at the table.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 May 08, 12:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quinctia, was the dining set rendered useless by assignment clutter on it or by unusable chairs?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 May 08, 18:29:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd just like to echo that I only have TS2 and Uni installed and just started seeing the "assignment jump" yesterday in my university sub-hood, newly built (clean/custom - no maxis dormies).  Only seems to happen with one CAS created dormie so far, but it's a brand new university (Academie Le Tour).  Currently I only have one playable YA in one dorm, and 16 custom made dormies running about the place (7 in the dorm).  I will have to test the chairs in the dining hall to see if they are borked, now that I see this post.

I have "noassignmentlitter" installed, but it seems that others who don't have it are also experiencing the same problem.

Logic would suggest however that it is not Seasons or OFB that is doing this - may be a residual bit of wayward Maxis code conflicting with something else.

Since there are only 40 Sims in my entire neighbourhood (including the uni), including townies/dormies, but not counting NPCs, I have a hard time thinking it has something to do with overpopulation.

I'm wondering if the best "band aid" solution for now is to replace chairs in build mode every so often until someone obviously more awesome figures out what is going on anyway.

Tribulatio proxima est
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 May 08, 22:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dumb point and laugh question 76 - isn't there more recent code that's supposed to allow/make dormies go back and finish assignments that they drop all over the place? I sorta thought my dormies were doing this at one point, but at the moment I have very few playables and very few dormies so I dunno really. But if it does work the way I thought it was supposed to, it could be the chair is 'in use' so they'll go back there and finish up their homework and when no assignment litter takes away the homework they need to do that, it borks it?

I thought I took out no assignment so they could go finish their work, but maybe it was some other hack I was trying instead and I've forgotten or didn't put it back in after an EP or something (as none of the dormie homework hacks are in my game atm.)

Unsouper
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 May 08, 22:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm wondering if the best "band aid" solution for now is to replace chairs in build mode every so often until someone obviously more awesome figures out what is going on anyway.

the best "band aid" solution for now is to put something small on the tables (as mentioned earlier in this thread), that prevents dormies/playables from using the tables to do assignments (but they can still use it for eating) so you don't get the unusable chair problem.
Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2007 May 10, 02:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quinctia, was the dining set rendered useless by assignment clutter on it or by unusable chairs?
It was the chairs becoming unusable, but I've not had the same problem with any other chairs (used just for eating), just the ones used at that table.  Which is why I figured it was the assignments.  Now whether it was from my playables doing assignments or NPC/dormie visitors, that I wouldn't  know.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: