More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 18:54:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Seasons career reward question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons career reward question  (Read 4306 times)
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Seasons career reward question
« on: 2007 April 28, 16:33:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just had my first Sim earn the Adventurer career reward (the Golden Skull statue) and it doesn't seem to have any interactions other than View.  What is it supposed to do?  I'm trying to figure out if I have a hack conflict that is preventing other interactions from showing up.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Seasons career reward question
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 28, 16:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You place it in a room and it ups the Sims' needs. Similar to the Journalism career reward.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 28, 22:56:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...And because I feel pedantic today, the adventurer/journalism career rewards improve your motives just by being in the same room with the sim.  No interaction is needed to trigger this, nor are any triggering actions available.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 28, 23:26:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And unlike the snapdragons, it also improves energy.  With one of these in the room, the sim could essentially skill non-stop for days.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 29, 00:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, they aren't powerful enough to do that on their own. If you place one of them next to a spadragon, only their energy will slowly decline.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 29, 00:34:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been exploiting the loophole that allows you to get the rewards over and over again by reapplying for the job after removing the career rewards from the Sim's reward panel.  Tongue  I have the journalism and adventurer awards in every bedroom and in all skilling rooms on most of my lots.  It's nice to be able to send them to bed, dragging their ass and in the red, at 2AM and then have them awake 4 hours later totally in the green.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
LordBanxter
Asinine Airhead

Simocidal Psychopath

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 01, 22:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did notice that if you "view" the adventurer career reward, it seems to make their fun level go up considerably, all in one jump, could just be me though, but I'm fairly certain I'm right.

Johnny was a chemist's son
Johnny is no more
What Johnny thought was H20
Was H2S04
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 02, 00:56:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All paintings and statues have that effect when interacted with, something exploited by the Sport of Kings.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: