More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 18:24:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Specific Sim and Offspring Cannot Use ANY Dressers
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Specific Sim and Offspring Cannot Use ANY Dressers  (Read 7080 times)
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Specific Sim and Offspring Cannot Use ANY Dressers
« on: 2007 April 28, 08:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of a sudden, I seem to be unable to get any Sim to change their outfits using any dressers (on either residential or community lots). The second I point to the dresser, I get an error message (I think it's something about a missing string). I am including the last error log it referred to. Could anyone give me an idea as to what could be causing this?

Thanks. Smiley
« Last Edit: 2007 April 29, 02:10:19 by Denimjo » Logged

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Cannot Use Dressers in any lot
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 28, 09:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My guess would be any pre-Seasons non-Awesome hack pertaining to, oh, as a wild guess, nudity.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 28, 17:57:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, when looking through my hack folder, I see that the ones that would have anything to do with nudity would be (possibly) Crammyboy's Cock mod, quaxi's nl_censor, and TwoJeff's Autonomous Casual Romance mod. Although, perhaps the College Interactions on any Lot mod by Squinge may have something to do with it; that would enable streakers, right? Has anyone else had any problems with these mods?

"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 28, 21:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crammyboy's cock and ACR work just fine for me, with no problems relating to dressers.  I'd try removing the College Interactions one first, then maybe the nl_censor mod (you know you can just take the censor off in SimPE, right?)

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 28, 21:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(you know you can just take the censor off in SimPE, right?)

No, I wasn't aware of that! Would you be able to direct me to some place that tells me how?  Cool

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 28, 22:08:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I wasn't aware of that! Would you be able to direct me to some place that tells me how?  Cool

It's just a checkbox in SimPe.  But there's a Pets version of the censor hack, which works fine in Seasons, so you should probably drop the NL version and get the Pets version.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 28, 22:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's just a checkbox in SimPe.  But there's a Pets version of the censor hack, which works fine in Seasons, so you should probably drop the NL version and get the Pets version.

There appears to be no Pets version of this file where I got it from (SexySims2.com). The three files available are NoCensorBlurNightlife, and quaxi_nl_censor in .rar and .zip files.  Huh If there's just a checkbox in SimPE, however, I'd really like to know where I would find that. Smiley

The College Interactions file wasn't the culprit. so I'll try the censor file next. Could the Teleport and COA objects from the DMA Workers/WooHoo sets possibly be causing this? Because I had those for quite some time (even after I got Seasons) and never had this problem. The Hack Conflict Detection Utility shows no conflicts, incidentally.

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 28, 22:22:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a post on the SimPE forums linking to the latest version of the no censor blur hack, and it also details how to disable the blur from within SimPE.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 28, 22:26:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Venusy. Smiley

It seems to be a problem with the Sim itself. I entered a different lot and had no problem using the dresser. Maybe the file of that actual Sim is corrupted in some way. I tried deleting her, saving the lot and reentering it, but the only thing that did was give her new everyday clothing. Then I chose 'delete' when the error message popped up, but the only thing that did was got her toddler taken away by the social worker (needless to say, I didn't save).

Perhaps I can try 'fixing' her with the lot debugger. *goes to RTFM*

ETA: New development: it seems that it's only that Sim (who happens to be my Self Sim) and her 6 biological offspring with a playable Sim that are affected (her spore-born son wasn't). Neither her husband nor anyone else in the neighborhood has this problem. I haven't tried a different 'hood yet, though, so I'll see if my Self Sim has any problems there.

ETA2: In my other brand new neighborhood that I hadn't played yet (beyond created a household of 8 Sims to townify), I discovered a couple things: not only was my Self Sim the only one that had a problem with using the dresser, but I also had the two Seasons families in it's Sim Bin (the Ramaswamis and the Ottomans). Yes, I'm sure I created that neighborhood before I installed Seasons, but they shouldn't show up there, should they?

I'm going to create a brand new clean neighborhood and see if my Self Sim still has problems. 
« Last Edit: 2007 April 28, 23:26:28 by Denimjo » Logged

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 28, 23:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA2: In my other brand new neighborhood that I hadn't played yet (beyond created a household of 8 Sims to townify), I discovered a couple things: not only was my Self Sim the only one that had a problem with using the dresser, but I also had the two Seasons families in it's Sim Bin (the Ramaswamis and the Ottomans). Yes, I'm sure I created that neighborhood before I installed Seasons, but they shouldn't show up there, should they?

I'm going to create a brand new clean neighborhood and see if my Self Sim still has problems. 

The Maxis sim-bin sims that come with Pets and Seasons will show up in any neighborhood when you first load it, because the new EPs add a 'hidden' sub-hood when you first load it.  To avoid it, check the Peasantry forum here for clean versions of those sub-hoods (and the main hoods, for that matter), kindly provided by Sara_MK:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,4306.0.html

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 28, 23:40:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see, thanks.  Grin

I've done some experimenting, and it seems that I can create a new Self Sim without having this problem, so I'm wondering if there's been some sort of corruption in her DNA somehow. That's the only reason that I can think of for having both her AND her offspring suffering from the same error (although I'm not sure why or how this would have happened in a brand new 'hood) and no one else.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 29, 00:00:13 by Denimjo » Logged

Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: Specific Sim and Offspring Cannot Use ANY Dressers
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 30, 03:57:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this same problem ages ago just after Uni was released with one family.  I have no idea what caused it but I had a suspicion it was corruption of the file that holds the clothing data for the dresser.  I guessed this because that family had the largest assortment of clothing of any I had played thus far, including a huge number of Maxis items inherited from inviting Bella Goth to join the family.  Moving the family to another lot did not fix the problem, because they took the clothes with them, but moving them again fixed the problem when they did not transfer the contents of the dresser.  It has been so long ago I don't remember exactly how I did this, but I didn't use any hacks or hack-objects.  I may have invited them to move into another lot with a family friend, or I may have just moved them again.  When they got to the new lot without the clothing file being transported the problem was resolved and has never shown itself again. 

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 30, 05:51:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for giving me hope, Khan.  Grin

As it turns out, the problem was a hack I had, but it didn't actually have anything to do with nudity; it simply changed the word 'woohoo' to . . . uh, something else. *cough*

Thank you everyone for your help. Smiley

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 April 30, 05:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CLEARLY, THE WORK OF THE NON-AWESOME.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: