More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 15:18:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How do people have sims die of disease?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How do people have sims die of disease?  (Read 21796 times)
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
How do people have sims die of disease?
« on: 2005 September 30, 19:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously, other than random bugs how the hell are people that bad at the game anyone ever dies from food poisoning or illness?

I have tried several times to just allow someone to die off and they always get better.

Last night I was playing a fairly new family and was busy being pissed off about the 2 sets of twins in a row (teach me to pretend my sims are rats and knock them up right after labor). This retarded kid goes and eats rotten food and gets food poisoning. Now I never liked him anyway, he was a pleasure sim with a 1 in active/lazy and max in playful.

Being pissed off I decided he would become a teen tragedy and sadly pass away. I allowed him NO comfort for 12 days ,he only passed out on the lawn, he crapped his pants numerous times, no one would play with him, nope no death. He was getting ready to transition to YA/A and still just fine, low aspiration but completely safe, plus he wasn'tvomiting anymore.

How the hell do people complain about something that I can't even get to happen when I want it to?

In the end I did this:

To kill him I had to decide he was a different type of teen tragedy and would OD. So I made him play with the noodle soother (ex)  and crystal meth...er the energizer and let him die on the lawn. Then because I still hated him, brought him back as a 1k zombie,  sent him to college and failed him out, then made him have a homosexual experiance with a vampire, who bit him, then invted him over to watch him woo hoo with a woman, breaking his zombie/vampire heart. On the plus side he did fall in love in college, first with a prostitute (who was the woman the vampire had over) but then found out he was a filthy furry and married the evil mascot. Their home life was going well, but then he was probed and just popped out an alien butt baby.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
DuzzyGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: How do people have sims die of disease?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 30, 20:08:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An alien butt baby?  lol  That phrase is priceless.  Thanks for the giggle!   Cheesy
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 30, 20:18:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pre-University, I got sick of some of the ugly townies, so I created "The Cemetary" inhabited by Chris Caretaker and Beatrice Caretaker.  This lot was a fenced in cemetary with a tiny one-room plus bathroom house in the corner for the Caretakers.  The elder married couple were nasty as they could get (0 Niceness) and would invite any ugly townie who wandered on to the lot in, and then fence them off.  Chris would paint souvenir portraits of each townie they starved to death.

For variety, a couple of times the Caretakers would become good friends with a potential victim and Propose they Move In.  I tried alternate deaths with the controllable townies, such as food poisoning, the flu, and cloud viewing death-by-satellite.  Nothing worked except good old fashioned starvation.

Premature death is very, very difficult in The Sims 2.  I was truly astonished at how long starvation takes.  When the bar is almost entirely red and looks life threatening, you've got at least another 6-8 hours.  The only real unexpected deaths I've seen were a Sim dying from trying to repair a garbage compactor, and a Sim dying from being scared to death.  Both I believe are from the 3-needs rule, where the shock zeroed 3 needs which were low before the critical event.

The Cow Plant clearly is in the game because Maxis realized how difficult and slow it was to deliberately inflict death.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 30, 20:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOLOL......thanks for the laughs.

I dion't think the writers of Days of our Lives could have come uo with a better storyline  Wink

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 30, 21:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How the hell do people complain about something that I can't even get to happen when I want it to?
People complain about this? Really? They must suck pretty hard.

I had to make more of an effort to be negligent enough to get a sim to die of disease than I normally have to make to keep sims alive. Probably would have been easier had I turned off free will though.

I was lucky enough to get a sim to die after about 4 days of no comfort rather than the supposed "about 10" you always hear about.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 30, 21:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried leaving a vampire out in direct sunlight yet?  They stick around much longer than I would've though they would.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 30, 21:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also tried the death by desease thing, when I was creating a "Haunted house" Roll Eyes My gosh, that thing was so hard to do! Roll Eyes I had the place filled with roaches, I didn"t even put beds on the lot! Still they managed to get better! Angry they would keep passing out.. argh! Angry Sims should die easier if ever getting sick. The first sim I got sick was when I first had the game. She got a virus I think from the careerreward she was using, either ways, she was not only sick, but also pregnant. still it was no challange for me to have her always in green... Roll Eyes

Sheesh! For the next EP they should include a NEW feature int he game! "Challange"! Roll Eyes

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 30, 23:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

O same, same, same. I have just put Inge's no disease hack in, my n'hood keeps getting riddled with flu, I have to go to each lot and get them better. They NEVER EVER die, they just lose queued actions and hack away, taking up hours of sim time.  I would like to play the game for illness realism, but this is just a pain.

Sickness is just a pain if they never die from it. Has anyone even seen pneumonia?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 01, 03:17:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a sim die of the flu once. I don't even think he was sick for more then 4 or so days, so much for the prima guide's "10 days", lol. I immediately got his adult daughter to bring him back with the ressurect-o-nomitron because I was going for the "have 10 kids" want with that couple and they'd only had 8.

My favourite method for killing sims is the "Runs with scissors" playset, I've used if to get a sim's "be saved from death" want.
Vesca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 01, 03:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a pregnant sim with the flu die on me immediately after giving birth - sad thing it was.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 01, 03:26:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the place filled with roaches, I didn"t even put beds on the lot! Still they managed to get better! Angry they would keep passing out.. argh! Angry

To fix this, buy a radio, turn it on, then fence it off so the sims can't get to it. Voila. No more sleeping for you!
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 01, 04:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have a burning desire to kill a sim off quickly, you could always just Spawn Rodney's Death Creator. That lets you test out all the types of death on your sim.

Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 01, 06:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See this page for details on the different deaths.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 01, 06:11:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have a burning desire to kill a sim off quickly, you could always just Spawn Rodney's Death Creator.
The only true way to satisfy a BURNING DESIRE to kill off a sim quickly is BUYABLE FIRE.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 01, 09:58:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually just get them to go swimming, then once they're in the pool I take away the steps so they can't get out. It takes a while, but you just 'set 'em and forget 'em'  Smiley

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 01, 12:08:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you guys are killing me, ROFL!!

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 01, 13:06:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See this page for details on the different deaths.

Interesting list.  I do have a little trouble believing in the "flies" death.  It sounds like an urban legend.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 01, 13:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The flies death is for real. You see the flies get very fat, loud and buzzy. A swarm in fact. Smiley

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 01, 14:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a couple of houses I set up specifically to get death by flies.  The links to the posts are here:

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?&openItemID=&threadID=45beddc6d0800a82afd178b7ff2b6901&directoryID=25&startRow=1#8e10b032ab8a335de4f8193e9e795fd3

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?&openItemID=&threadID=b95ee6e1c06c4a7f29a5dd2843b20b7c&directoryID=25&startRow=1#3b2c2dd2b9226244af338fa0c8d690b0

Some of the more interesting things I've heard happen is that once the social worker came to take a child and got devoured by flies instead.  My maid came to clean up once and had to step over trash piles, which could have gotten her eaten.  And I saw the Grim Reaper step over a couple of trash piles.  It would have been funny as anything to have him devoured by flies as well, but Pescado says it will crash the game:  there's no one to reap the Reaper.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 01, 16:20:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had 3-4 sims die of disease, or rather the mysterious choking death. The way it seems to happen is if you have the sims visit someone else while he/she is sick. Then if you exit the house, leaving the sim in 2 places, in an existential way, there will be all sorts of problems with the recovery. You can get the sim well at home, but he/she is still in some way sick, and may die at the visiting house if enough sim days have passed in play somewhere, or you may get a he/she is better message at the visiting house, but then when you go home and the sim dies. If you don't play lots of families at once, it's probably not something you would see.

mmmyrs
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 01, 16:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To kill a sim with disease, send them to work sick with their needs kinda red. That kills mine in a hurry.  Wink

Don't be open-minded, your brains might fall out!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 01, 16:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had it happen when I wanted it to, however, I have had it happen quite unintended on my part by the mysterious choking death bug Rohina mentioned above that relates to disease (including pregnancy) and loading other lots then returning to that sim's home lot.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 01, 16:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had one of my sims die three times at uni (reloaded after each time) when she was sick. I had her doing her term paper and assignments and she just up and died. I even kept her Needs high, let her sleep and so on. Only way I got her to survive was by having her do no work at all, and just sleep and lounge around until she was better.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 01, 16:42:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that too, once a sim is predetermined to die like that, reloading does not seem to help so it seems they are somehow marked for death before the lot even gets loaded.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
SimMoon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 01, 17:00:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of the more interesting things I've heard happen is that once the social worker came to take a child and got devoured by flies instead.  My maid came to clean up once and had to step over trash piles, which could have gotten her eaten.  And I saw the Grim Reaper step over a couple of trash piles.  It would have been funny as anything to have him devoured by flies as well, but Pescado says it will crash the game:  there's no one to reap the Reaper.

Hook

I really enjoy the Discworld Series by Terry Pratchet where Death has his own personna... and a horse named Binky. It makes me  wish that Maxis had given us a bit more room to create with Death, give him a "Home to come home to.. " so to speak, when he isn't working. Or when he is taking a break or on a vacation... (its a temperal thing).

As for Death by Fles, it is to fast. When I am really pixxed at a Sim, I want fun that keeps on giving for a while. Then I like the satalite dropping on their bodies .However; do they have to lie down for that?

SimMoon/Cher

The Sims 2 Elegance
There's a hole in the world tonight; don't let there be a hole in the world tomorrow.
---------------------------------------------
Eagles 2005 Farewell Tour
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: