More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:47:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  [Work in progress] Polygamy or marriage of convenience
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: [Work in progress] Polygamy or marriage of convenience  (Read 305678 times)
pixisticks
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: [Work in progress] Polygamy or marriage of convenience
« Reply #150 on: 2009 July 09, 17:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pixi, in order for anyone to be able to help you, you need to post the error log.  The message you posted told you where the error log was.  Find it.  Attach it to your post.  Maybe then someone will be able to help you.

Ah, sorry, I've attached it to this post. And I tried to get two of the Sims engaged to test if the arch works that way, but it keeps wanting me to propose "move in" first. I don't want them to move in together--that's part of the reason I got the arch in the first place, and I've read that you can get them engaged without having them move in together, but it doesn't seem to show up. When I had two Sims dine out, at one point there was the option of "surprise engagement", but that doesn't seem to be there anymore.

The Sim I want to get hitched is in love with three different people, and I was hoping to get him married to all three of them. One is a pre-created Sim (Weldon Dallas I think his name is), and the other two are characters I created (who just happen to be married to each other... yeah, I dunno how it happened either). I don't know if that helps or not... if you need any other information, just ask. I'd really like to get this working, thank you. Smiley

EDIT: Stupid n00b question... what's InSim?
« Last Edit: 2009 August 23, 08:24:03 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
unstuck
Asinine Airhead

Vintage Sims: because technology ruined us

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2009 August 16, 17:09:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to OVER clarify, for challenged types:  This ONLY affects sims married with THIS arch, other sims/marriages/romantic behaviours are unaffected?  ie is anything in this global?

(btw yay necromancy  Tongue)
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: 2009 August 16, 19:28:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, this does not affect the Maxis arch.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

katalina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2009 August 23, 05:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wanted to report that the arch works perfectly fine in my game, and I only have Uni + NL. And, as an added bonus, it doesn't make my sims wear the stupid Maxis wedding outfits, just their regular formalwear.

My colonial 'hood and I send our undying thanks for your hard work, Marhis & Inge!

(Also, the arch overrides Pescado's marriagetraditional hack with a version of Marhis' last name chooser hack... is that built into the object itself? And is there any way to disable it? It's not a big issue, it's just distracting when I'm in a non-modern hood.)
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2009 August 24, 00:13:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the choose surname hack, and I successfully married William II Carpenter and Jasmine Curtin, and she took his name, but then little baby William III was born with his mother's original surname. Anything I can do to avoid this?

Omiyaru
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2009 October 18, 21:51:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the  arch, extracted it into the downloads folder of sims 2 ,but when I ran the game and tried placing the arch on my sims lawn it wouldn't show up and I couldn't buy it ,even thoughe it was in the objects folder in game ,I could gladly use some help.
haifen
Crapsack
Retarded Reprobate

#hashtag

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2009 October 18, 23:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the choose surname hack, and I successfully married William II Carpenter and Jasmine Curtin, and she took his name, but then little baby William III was born with his mother's original surname. Anything I can do to avoid this?

This is one of the issues with this hack but it's easily mended with the Sim Blender or SimPE. Personally I prefer the Sim Blender since it allows for in-game changes and lets you safely change both surname and personal name; SimPE only properly changes last name and requires you to exit the game first.

16:29   spockers   I fucking hate going to see movies in theaters now.
16:30   spockers   Unless it's a really fancy old-style movie palace type place, but even then some dick will pull out their Appleberry in the middle of the film and start tweeting about wanting Chris Brown to beat them up
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2009 October 19, 01:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haifen, might want to check timestamps. The question was two months ago. Not saying that the answer isn't appreciated, it's just something to watch when necromancy has been practiced.

I downloaded the  arch, extracted it into the downloads folder of sims 2 ,but when I ran the game and tried placing the arch on my sims lawn it wouldn't show up and I couldn't buy it ,even thoughe it was in the objects folder in game ,I could gladly use some help.
What EP combination do you have? We know that full functionality requires OFB.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
haifen
Crapsack
Retarded Reprobate

#hashtag

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2009 October 19, 01:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My bad, I thought that was the latest post.  Cheesy

16:30   spockers   Unless it's a really fancy old-style movie palace type place, but even then some dick will pull out their Appleberry in the middle of the film and start tweeting about wanting Chris Brown to beat them up
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2009 October 19, 16:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimPE only properly changes last name and requires you to exit the game first.

Hm, does this mean it doesn't "properly change" the first name? How so?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2009 October 19, 16:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not something I've bothered to look into much, personally. You can also use TJ's SimBlender over at Simbology...much safer type of Insim utility...to change names. You have to change the first name to what you want the last to be, then copy first to last, then change the first name again. I do that a lot in my Free Love households because I'm typically marrying four sims in as a unit at a time and keeping track of what I'm supposed to choose in each separate arch-run is annoying.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2009 October 19, 19:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is one of the issues with this hack but it's easily mended with the Sim Blender or SimPE. Personally I prefer the Sim Blender since it allows for in-game changes and lets you safely change both surname and personal name; SimPE only properly changes last name and requires you to exit the game first.

Much appreciated Smiley Problem had been bugging me for a while.

Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2009 October 20, 05:20:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not something I've bothered to look into much, personally. You can also use TJ's SimBlender over at Simbology...much safer type of Insim utility...to change names. You have to change the first name to what you want the last to be, then copy first to last, then change the first name again.

Oh, I know... I'm just curious about what specifically SimPE does wrong, because I've done a lot of name editing in it and never had a problem.
haifen
Crapsack
Retarded Reprobate

#hashtag

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2009 October 20, 05:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado advised against it in a thread some time ago. My search skills have failed but hey if the FOJ says don't do it, don't do it.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2009 October 20, 16:42:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimPE does not properly change the first name of a sim on its OBJD. Last-name changes can be accomplished just fine, but firstnames are not properly set. Mostly, this is bad. Just use the Batbox to change the name instead.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
CrafterCat
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2021 March 14, 07:34:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you please to a version for the Sims 4? I have MC Command Center and I can make people fall in love and out again, but it's really annoying to do and to marry kids I have to age them up into teens.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: